ISSN 0004-2803 printed
Scope and policy
The Archives of Gastroenterology publishes originals and unseen contributions, from national or foreign researchers, compatible with the goals of the Journal and suited to the rigorous scientific and editorials standards.
Only Original studies, from clinical or surgical nature, new techniques and epidemiology studies are accepted. Review and Update articles are accepted only by invitation from the Editorial Board. Case reports are not published.
The assessment work is done impartially, using peer review, anonymous, omitting to the reviewers, any identification of its origin. The estimated time process is 90 days from submission. Anonymity is guaranteed throughout the trial process. The decision about acceptance is taken by the Editorial Board.
No any article processing charge are impose to the authors. The Archives of Gastroenterology is full available with an open and free access.
Preparation of manuscripts
The text must be in English language, original, unpublished, as well as ensure uniqueness to Archives of Gastroenterology, and the author sends rationale about any eventuality. Case reports will be not accepted. Revision articles only by editor’s invite or Editorial Board decision.
The number of authors is limited to six for Original Articles and three for Brief Communication. Exceptions can be made in the case of multicentric studies.
The word limit for Brief Communication recommended is no more than 2500; it may contain a figure and a table and the references do not exceed 15.
All matter related to human research and animal research must have prior approval by the Commission of Ethics in Research of the Institution where the work was performed, in accordance with the recommendations of the Declaration of Helsinki, the international standards of protection of animals and the resolution nº 196/96 of the National Health Council on research involving humans. It is necessary to make available the number of this Protocol.
The name of the section to which the article is intended for should be mentioned on the page. Sections – Original article on Endoscopy, or Surgery, or Hepatology, or Digestive Motility, or Clinical Gastroenterology, or Experimental Surgery, or Pediatric Gastroenterology, or Gastroenterological Clinical Pathology, or Nutrition.
It is recommended a cover letter with the name of the institution, authors and the intention in publish on the Archives of Gastroenterology, highlighting the importance of this publication and research. This letter must be written in the “Author’s Cover Letter” field in the online submission.
1) Title; (in English and Portuguese); for foreign authors the translation will be done.
2) Authors names; do not insert staff positions or similar adjectives. For each author should be described his participation in the study. (e.g. data collection, survey execution, writing of text, statistical analysis and so on).
3) The department and institution where the work was performed.
4) The name, telephone number, electronic address and postal correspondence address of author to whom galley proofs and requests for reprints should be sent.
5) Acknowledgement of grants and other financial support. Interest of conflicts must be declared or not if so. If so, sponsors must be declared.
6) Structured Abstract (Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion) - The papers should be sent in English and Portuguese (200 – 600 words); abbreviations, footnotes and references should be avoided; for foreign authors the translation will be done.
7) Headings (3 to 10). Always use terms of Medical Subject Headings (MESH) list from MEDLINE. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/meshhome.html
8) We strongly recommend this paper division: Introduction; Methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusion; Acknowledgements.
9) All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship may be mentioned in Acknowledgments.
10) References - Archives of Gastroenterology adopts the Vancouver format. Complete text in: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/uniform_requirements.html Cite references in the text using Arabic numerals in the order of appearance, within parentheses. Do not arrange the list alphabetically. For up to six authors, list all authors. For more than six authors, list first six authors followed by “et al.”.
11) Tables and Figures should be cited in the text in Arabic numerals. Preferably, attached separately. If they are inside the article, they should after the references. Please do not insert tables and figures in the middle of the text.
12) Tables (in Microsoft Word or Excel format) - Is called Table only when there are numeric results. Explanations and abbreviations should be placed in the footer of the table.
13) Figures - Photographs, graphics and drawings must be sent in high resolution digital format (2 mb). Photos can be colored, being left to editors to decide if the publication will be in color or not. The Figures should contain a short text on the subject.
Instructions for electronic manuscript submission
Submissions only through the ScholarOne interface, on SciELO Portal:
No any submission fee are impose to the authors. The Archives of Gastroenterology is full available with an open and free access.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
IBEPEGE, CBCD e SBMD, FBG, SBH, SOBED
Rua Dr. Seng, 320
01331-020 São Paulo SP
Tel./Fax: +55 11 3147-6227