ISSN 0004-2803 printed
Scope and policy
The Archives of Gastroenterology publishes originals and unseen contributions, from national and foreign researchers, compatible with the goals of the Journal and suited to the scientific and editorials standards.
The submission of the manuscript implies that the work in full or part (s) it has not been published in another source or means of communication and not under review in another journal for publication.
Only Original studies, from clinical or surgical nature, new techniques and epidemiology studies are accepted. Review article are accepted only by invitation from the Editorial Board. Case reports are not published. The Original Article sections are: Endoscopy, Surgery, Hepatology, Digestive Motility, Clinical Gastroenterology, Experimental Surgery, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Gastroenterological Clinical Pathology, and Nutrition.
It also publishes Editorials, Letter to the Editor, Consensus, Brief communication and Supplements.
The assessment work is done impartially, anonymous and usually peer review, omitting to the reviewers, any identification of its origin. The estimated time process is 90 days from submission. Anonymity is guaranteed throughout the trial process. The decision about acceptance for publication is taken by the Editorial Board.
No fee is required from authors for submission, evaluation and publication of articles. The Archives of Gastroenterology is available online with an open and free access. It is not necessary to ask the journal for permission for electronic copy, provided that the proper credit is given to the original source.
No any article processing charge are impose to the authors. The Archives of Gastroenterology is full available with an open and free access.
Preparation of manuscripts
The text must be in English language.
The number of authors is limited to six for Original Articles and three for Brief Communication. Exceptions can be made in the case of multicentric studies.
The word limit for Brief Communication recommended is no more than 2500; it may contain a figure and a table and the references do not exceed 15.
Articles of research involving human subjects must be marked in Methods section, expressly agreed with the ethical standards and with due informed consent of the participants. Research with human must bring the title page the number of the opinion of the Committee's approval of Research Ethics. Brazilian studies should be in accordance with Resolution 466/2012 of the National Health Council of the Ministry of Health (Brazil), which deals with the Code of Ethics for Human Research, and for studies outside Brazil, shall be in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki.
It is recommended a cover letter with the intention in publish on the Archives of Gastroenterology, highlighting the importance of this publication and research. This letter must be written in the “Author’s Cover Letter” field in the online submission.
By determination of SciELO, the adoption of ORCID as an identifier of the authors will become mandatory from January 2019. Therefore, the journal Arquivos de Gastroenterologia encourages authors to create their ORCID. As of July 1, 2018, the ORCID registration of all authors will be mandatory during article submission.
1) Title; (in English and Portuguese); for foreign authors the translation will be done.
2) Authors names; do not insert staff positions or similar adjectives. For each author should be described his participation in the study. (e.g. data collection, survey execution, writing of text, statistical analysis and so on).
3) The department and institution where the work was performed.
4) The name, telephone number, electronic address and postal correspondence address of author to whom galley proofs and requests for reprints should be sent.
5) Acknowledgement of grants and other financial support. Interest of conflicts must be declared or not if so. If so, sponsors must be declared.
6) Structured Abstract (Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion) - The papers should be sent in English and Portuguese (200 – 600 words); abbreviations, footnotes and references should be avoided; for foreign authors the translation will be done.
7) Headings (3 to 10). Always use terms of Medical Subject Headings (MESH) list from MEDLINE. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/meshhome.html
8) We strongly recommend this paper division: Introduction; Methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusion; Acknowledgements.
9) All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship may be mentioned in Acknowledgments.
10) References - Archives of Gastroenterology adopts the Vancouver format. Complete text in: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/uniform_requirements.html Cite references in the text using Arabic numerals in the order of appearance, within parentheses. Do not arrange the list alphabetically. For up to six authors, list all authors. For more than six authors, list first six authors followed by “et al.”.
11) Tables and Figures should be cited in the text in Arabic numerals. Preferably, attached separately in JPG or PNG. If they are inside the article, they should after the references. Please do not insert tables and figures in the middle of the text.
12) Tables (in Microsoft Word or Excel format) - Is called Table only when there are numeric results. Explanations and abbreviations should be placed in the footer of the table.
13) Figures - Photographs, graphics and drawings must be sent in high resolution digital format (2 mb). Photos can be colored, being left to editors to decide if the publication will be in color or not. The Figures should contain a short text on the subject.
Instructions for electronic manuscript submission
Submissions only through the ScholarOne interface, on SciELO Portal:
We reiterate that no fee is required from authors for submission, evaluation and publication of articles. The Archives of Gastroenterology is available online with an open and free access.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
IBEPEGE, CBCD, SBMDN, FBG, SBH, SOBED, SBNPE
Rua Dr. Seng, 320
01331-020 São Paulo SP
Tel : +55 11 3147-6227