The Journal Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology – BABT- aims to be internationally recognized for original publications of high quality and timeliness, and highly relevant articles for effective research carried out by the scientific community.
Aims and Scope
The journal's aim is to advance and disseminate knowledge in all the related areas:
The manuscript must be prepared in English only. We suggest that the manuscript should be reviewed before it´s submission for the first time by an English native speaker and, preferably, scientific experience in the area. Also, assistance of independent editing services can be found at
All services are paid for and arranged by the author, and use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication."
THE JOURNAL DOES NOT PUBLISH:
- Articles with high similarity with other already published in the literature
- Items that are not contemplated by the journal's scope,
- Articles with outdated references. It is recommended that the author update any reference list at the time of submission.
- Articles with poor writing. As the official journal of the language is English, it is recommended that the authors provide for the review by someone who masters the language and preferably be presented a statement of the auditor regarding compliance in relation to the English language.
- Articles describing partial activities that are related to other research. When the authors wish to anticipate high relevance results without the work is completed, where the publication of opportunity (originality) is compromised by the time factor, we suggest using the mode "letter to the editor."
- Research articles specific to a local reality where the results cannot be extrapolated, generalized. In this case the Editor asks that authors seek to highlight the global application of that knowledge, even if the results are reported and apply to the specific site case.
- Review articles that overlap with others already published. Any review article must necessarily deepen some thesis that has no experimental proof but has potential for research. Or consisting of a compilation of relevant data to the field but are scattered in the literature.
Examples of what is not:
- Validation of a protocol already established by international institutions,
- Set of measures that demonstrate the control of a specific process, such as glucose measurements on a specific population of animals, geographical distribution of a certain animal species, a set of measures with the aim of calibration equipment, etc.
- Analysis / composition of something that is already prior knowledge,
- Changes in products that aim to specific applications, such as use of flavoring to make a more palatable product.
An erratum applies only to cases where the journal has effectively wrong without the knowledge of the author. The author has a number of instances where errors / mistakes can and should be corrected such as author name, keywords, title, errors in the main text, etc.
The journal submits the final test of the revised and ready article for publication to the author of correspondence with the period of 1 (one) week for review and correction of the article. If the deadline for response expires without a return of the authors, the magazine considers that the article is approved (since the author has not spoken about the need for any changes / fixes) and therefore ready for publication.
Submission and publishing is free of charge and do not result in commercial and profitable purpose.
The manuscript submission in Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology implies that:
- The manuscript hasn't been partial or entirely published. The manuscript should not be in selection process for publishing in another journal and/or another language;
- The authors agree to transfer copyright to the journal and they are responsible for all of the subject and their legal consequences text.
- Any study involving human subjects should have Ethic Institutional Review Board Approval and the protocol number should be informed.
- When working with experimental animal the regulations should be observed and the work should be approved by the local ethical committee. The protocol number should be informed.
- Authors must ensure that the manuscript does not represent misconduct like fabrication, falsification, plagiarism or duplication of dates. In case of confirmed research misconduct, we will issue a retraction notice to correct the scientific record. Please refer to Singapore Statement at: http://www.singaporestatement.org/statement.html
- The journal does not take responsibility and/or takes part in eventual lawsuits related to the published articles.
-The veracity of the information and of the bibliographic citations is of exclusive responsibility of the authors.
Submission of manuscripts will only be accepted when submitted electronically using the following link:
The BABT/its Editors strongly condemn plagiarism and self-plagiarism. Authors must make sure that the content is unpublished and original. Previously published ideas should be properly cited in accordance with the norms.
When submitting a manuscript, please check:
- If article complains with all BABT´s rules indicated in this guideline,
- If article encompass the right category (original article, review, short note or letter to editor). Sometimes a good article is rejected due to wrong category, like a good short note was categorized as original article.
- The names of the authors must appear only in the platform´s register and not in the manuscript, to double-blind trial.
- The authors should indicate five specialists in the same area of the manuscript who may eventually contribute to the evaluation process. The authors should not indicate coworkers specialists or from the author´s department/Institution for ethic issues.
- Article title,
There is no fee for on line access, submission and evaluation articles.
In order to assist authors in relation to the Journal terms, in Figure 1 shows a timeline with the typical time between submission and publication of the article.
Fig 1: Typical time regarding the process of submission articles
Organization of the manuscript
The manuscript must be organized according to the following categories
Research paper: the file must contain Title, Running title, Abstract (maximum 250 words), Key words (three to six), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgments and References. The maximum numbers of the pages are 12 (single space typed using Times New Roman font).
Short note: the file must contain title, authors and affiliations, abstract (maximum 50 words), three to six key-words; text not divided in topics; acknowledgements (optional), references. The maximum numbers of the pages are 6 (single space typed using Times New Roman font).
Review: the file must contain title, authors and affiliations, abstract (up to 250 words), six key-words, text with subtitles, acknowledgements (optional) and references. The maximum numbers of the pages are 12 (single space typed using Roman Font).
Letter to Editor: the file must contain title, authors and affiliations, abstract (maximum 50 words), three to six key-words; text not divided in topics; acknowledgements (optional), references. The maximum numbers of the pages are 3 (single space typed using Times New Roman font).
Materials and Methods
Results and Discussion
Fig 2: General aspect of manuscript with key-notes for author’s guidance.
Preparation of the manuscript
The manuscript must be prepared in one column with maximum 12 pages (single space typed using Times New Roman font) for original and review manuscripts, maximum 6 pages short notes and 3 pages for letter do editor (single space typed using Times New Roman font, including tables, graphics, figures, images and references) in WORD (.doc) format, paper size A-4 (210x297 cm), with margins (2.5 cm left, right 2.0 cm, top and bottom 3.0 cm).
- Save the file in .doc Format.
Title (Font 18 and Bold)
With initials capitalized up to 250 characters.
Running title (Font 12):
Authors and institutional affiliation
Abstract (Font 12 and bold)
Key-words (Font 10 and bold)
INTRODUCTION (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
MATERIAL AND METHODS (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION (Font 11, bold and caps lock)
CONCLUSIONS (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
REFERENCES (Font 12)
- List of references:
- Important Note:
- Journal Article
- More than six authors: (list the first six authors followed by "et al.") Arakaki AH, Vandenberghe LPS, Thomaz Soccol V, Masaki R, Rosa Filho EF, Gregório A, et al. Optimization of Biomass Production with Copper Bioaccumulation by Yeasts in Submerged Fermentation. Braz Arch Biol Technol. 2011; 54(5): 1027-1032.
- Web article
- In books
- Chapter in book
- In conferences
- Part of Website/ homepage
UNITS AND ABBREVIATIONS
Formatting of Tables:
COMPLETING PUBLISHING PROCESS
Alana Marielle R G Kluczkovski, DSc
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology
Rua Prof. Algacyr Munhoz Mader 3775-CIC
81350-010 Curitiba-PR, Brazil