The journal Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology BABT publishes:
Aims and Scope
The manuscript must be prepared in English only (We suggest that the manuscript should be reviewed before its submission for the first time by an English speaker and, preferably, scientific experience in the area).
The submission of a manuscript to the Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology implies that:
- The manuscript hasn' t been partial or entirely published. The manuscript should not be in selection process for publishing in another journal and/or another language;
- The submission must have been approved for all the co-authors and whenever necessary, by the authorities of the institution where the work was developed;
- Any study involving human subjects should have Ethic Institutional Review Board Approval and the protocol number should be informed.
- When working with experimental animal the regulations should be observed and the work should be approved by the local ethical committee. The protocol number should be informed.
- Authors must ensure that the manuscript does not represent misconduct like fabrication, falsification, plagiarism or duplication of dates. In case of confirmed research misconduct, we will issue a retraction notice to correct the scientific record. Please refer to Singapore Statement at: http://www.singaporestatement.org/statement.html
- Manuscripts submitted to BABT should not contain plagiarism and other forms of scholarly misconduct;
- The journal does not take responsibility and/or takes part in eventual lawsuits related to the published articles.
-The veracity of the information and of the bibliographic citations is of exclusive responsibility of the authors.
Submission of manuscripts will only be accepted when submitted electronically using the following link:
The authors are entirely responsible for their texts and must sign and submit the Authorship Responsibility and Copyright Transfer Statements in accordance with the attached model. The BABT strongly condemns plagiarism and self-plagiarism. Authors must make sure that the content is unpublished and original. Previously published ideas should be properly cited in accordance with the norms.
The submitted manuscripts are pre-evaluated in its conformity to the norms, grammatical quality and English language. The authors need to observe the content referring to scientific relevance and/or technological and originality. Manuscripts accepted in this stage will be forwarded for review by specialists and sent for judgment by at least two referees.
When submitting a manuscript, please check:
- The names of the authors must appear only in the register and not in the manuscript, to double-blind trial
Any changes regarding the inclusion, exclusion or reorganization of names of authors in the manuscript must be formally requested during the process of evaluation. The document might be forwarded by the Scielo system (ScholarOne plataform), dated and signed by all authors, still including the confirmation of inclusion or exclusion, containing:
- Article title;
Publication Ethics Statement
Scientific Research Publishing (SCIRP) is committed to maintain high standard through a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies. Any infringements of professional ethical codes, such as plagiarism, fraudulent use of data, bogus claims of authorship, should be taken very seriously by the editors with zero tolerance. SCIRP follows the Code of Conduct of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and follows the COPE Flowcharts for Resolving Cases of Suspected Misconduct. The submitted manuscript should not have been previously published in any form and must not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Organization of the manuscript
The manuscript must be organized according to the following categories
Research paper: the file must contain Title, Running title, Abstract (maximum 250 words), Key words (three to six), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgments and References. The maximum numbers of the pages are 12 (single space typed using Times New Roman font).
Short communications: the file must contain title, authors and affiliations, abstract (maximum 50 words), three to six key-words; text not divided in topics; acknowledgements (optional), references. The maximum numbers of the pages are 6 (single space typed using Times New Roman font).
Reviews: the file must contain title, authors and affiliations, abstract (up to 250 words), six key-words, text with subtitles, acknowledgements (optional) and references. The maximum numbers of the pages are 12 (single space typed using Roman Font).
The manuscript must be arranged in the following order:
Materials and Methods
Results and Discussion
Preparation of the manuscript
The manuscript must be prepared in one column with maximum 12 pages (single space typed using Times New Roman font) for original and review manuscripts and maximum 6 pages (single space typed using Times New Roman font) for short notes (including tables, graphics, figures, images and references) in MS-Word (.doc) format, paper size A-4 (210x297 cm), with margins (2.5 cm left, right 2.0 cm, top and bottom 3.0 cm).
* Save the file in doc Format.
Title (Font 18 and Bold)
Running title (Font 12):
Authors and institutional affiliation
Abstract (Font 12 and bold)
Key-words (Font 10 and bold)
INTRODUCTION (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
MATERIAL AND METHODS (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
For Titles and Subtitles, use the following levels:
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION (Font 11, bold and caps lock)
CONCLUSIONS (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (Font 12, bold and caps lock)
REFERENCES (Font 12)
The abbreviation of the journal list of abbreviations to be consulted:
All references cited in the text should be in the references list and vice versa.
- For citation in the text, use the author' s last name and the date:
Three or more authors:
Obs 1: more than one reference from the same author (s) in the same year, must be identified by the letters "a", "b", "c", etc, put after the year of publication. (Bacila et al. 1910a, 1910b)
- List of references:
Halpern SD, Ubel PA, Caplan AL. Solid-organ transplantation in HIV-infected patients. N Engl J Med. 2002; 347(4): 284-287.
- More than six authors: (list the first six authors followed by "et al.") Arakaki AH, Vandenberghe LPS, Thomaz Soccol V, Masaki R, Rosa Filho EF, Gregório A, et al. Optimization of Biomass Production with Copper Bioaccumulation by Yeasts in Submerged Fermentation. Braz Arch Biol Technol. 2011; 54(5): 1027-1032.
Chapter in book
Part of Website/ homepage
UNITS AND ABBREVIATIONS
Illustrations must be cited in the text with the word "Figure", without being abbreviated when it is part of a sentence. When it appears in parentheses, it must be abbreviated "(Fig.)".
- Page charges: there will be no page charges.
Prof. Dr. Carlos R. Soccol
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology
Rua Prof. Algacyr Munhoz Mader 3775-CIC
81350-010 Curitiba-PR, Brazil