ISSN 0100-8455 printed
Scope and policy
In 1998, the Brazilian Journal of Genetics - ISSN 0100-8455 - changes its title to Genetics and Molecular Biology - ISSN 1415-4757, but continues the sequence of numbering, therefore starting on March 1998, vol. 21, issue 1.
There is no page charge for the journal. For each paper 100 reprints will be supplied automatically at cost. No additional copies can be supplied.
It is a fundamental condition that submitted manuscripts have not been and will not simultaneously be published elsewhere. With the acceptance of a manuscript for publication, the publishers acquire full and exclusive copyright for all languages and countries. Unless special permission has been granted by the publishers, no photographic reproductions, microform or any other reproduction of a similar nature may be made of the journal, of individual contributions contained therein or of extracts therefrom.
The use of registered names, trademarks, etc. in this publication does not imply, even in the absence of a specific statement, that such names are exempt from the relevant protective laws and regulations and therefore free for general use.
The journal is issued every three months, according to the material received. As a rule, four issues constitute one volume.
Submission of papers
1. Papers should be submitted in English. Manuscripts should be typed double spaced with side margins 2.5 cm wide, on good quality paper, and submitted in triplicate (original and two copies), including figures, drawings on draft paper, etc. All copies of figures, especially photos, should be of good quality.
2. The manuscript should be assembled in the following order, with all pages numbered consecutively:
The title page should include:
3. The bibliography should include only works referred to in the text. It should be arranged in alphabetical order under the first authors name.
References should be cited as follows: journal papers - names and initials of all authors, year, full title, journal abbreviated according to Index Medicus, volume number, first and last page numbers; books - names of authors, year, full title, edition, publishers, place; articles published in symposia - names of authors, year, full title of book, name(s) of editor(s) in parentheses, publisher, place, first and last page numbers.
4. References in the text should include the name of the author and the year in parentheses, e.g. (Searle, 1961) or (King and Wilson, 1975). When a paper with more than two authors is cited, only the first author is named, e.g. (Comstock et al., 1958).
5. Footnotes should be numbered consecutively, with the exception of footnotes to the title or to formulae, which should be indicated by asterisks.
6. Tables should be numbered in Roman numerals and figures in Arabic numerals.
Thesis abstracts should be submitted in English and in the original language (if the author is not a native speaker). Bibliographic data (original title, year, institution, address, number of pages and major (orienting) professor) should be included.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Rua Capitão Adelmio Norberto da Silva,
14025-670 Ribeirão Preto, SP - Brasil
Tel. y Fax: +55 16 621-8540 / 620-1251 / 620-1253