Instructions for submission
Authors should submit their articles through the website: (www.sgponline.com.br /bjid).
Manuscripts may be submitted within designated categories of communication, including:
• original basic or clinical research;
Supplements BJID include articles under a unified theme, as in a summary of presentations from a symposium, or focusing on a specific pathogenic process or antimicrobial agent.
The BJID is published bimonthly (February, April, June, August, October, December) by Elsevier. The paper's editors reserve the right to edit manuscripts to improve clarity, grammar and style. The authors have the opportunity to review these changes before the creation of the galley proofs. The content changes made after the galley proofs are sent for review cost will be borne by the author. The BJID not accept items that overlap or duplicate publications elsewhere.
Submission of manuscripts
Manuscripts submitted to Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases should be sent to the editor in chief http://www.sgponline.com.br/bjid/sgp/ address. Each manuscript will be assigned a registration number, and the author will be notified that the manuscript is complete and appropriate to begin the review process.
SGP (Publication Management System) is a system that allows submission of papers and of the editorial board in a fully web. The SGP is based on access levels, so when a user submits a manuscript for review and approval, it remains only to display the author and the editorial board, keeping it safe from other authors who have not participated in the research and development work. It is crucial that the author who submits papers in the SGP has registered an email which he uses, because all the information and notices concerning status, approval or refusal of work will be done by email. If the author changes the email, they can update their cadastral data through the section "Registration" on the navigation bar.
The manuscript submission process is based on nine steps of which the author has been filling the items relating to his work as a title, as described (keywords), abstract, additional information about the possibility of sending images or graphics (in JPG format only) and mount the article content through a graphical interface page with the program similar to MS Word, can be edited to create tables, insert images and apply formatting to your text. In the last step shows a PDF version of your manuscript and choose to approve or delete your submission.
Checklist for submitted manuscripts
1. Please provide a cover letter with your submission specifying the corresponding author as well as an address, telephone and facsimile number.
2. Submit four copies of your manuscript (original plus three copies and a disk of the manuscript - Word Perfect/Word for Windows), each with a complete set of original illustrations.
3. The entire manuscript (including tables and references) must be typed double-spaced and printed on standard-sized paper. The left and right margins must be at least 3cm.
4. The entire manuscript must be typed in a font size of at least 12 points.
5. Please number pages beginning with the title page (title page is page 1).
6. The order of appearance of material in all manuscripts should be as follows: title page, abstract, text, acknowledgements, references, tables, legends for figures, figures.
7. The title page must include a title of not more than three printed lines (250 letters and spaces), authors (no titles or degrees), institutional affiliations, a running headline of not more than 40 letters and spaces, a name and complete address to which correspondence and reprint requests should be sent, and footnotes indicating sources of financial support and changes of address.
8. Abstract (maximum 250 words) must be on a separate page before the introduction. Do not submit an abstract with correspondence.
9. Acknowledgements of persons who assisted the authors should be included on the page preceding the references.
10. References must begin on a separate page.
11. References must be cited on (not above) the line of text and in brackets instead of parentheses, e.g., [7,8].
12. References must be numbered in the order in which they appear in the text. References not cited in the text cannot appear in the reference section. References only or first cited in a table or figure are numbered according to where the table or figure is cited in the text. For instance, if a table is placed after reference 8, a new reference cited in table 1 would be reference 9.
13. Reference citations must follow the format established by the "Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals" (see examples in Instructions to Authors).
14. If you reference your own unpublished work (i.e., an "in press" article) in the manuscript that you are submitting, you must enclose three copies of the "in press" article and an acceptance letter from the journal.
15. If you cite unpublished data that are not your own, you must provide a letter of permission from the author of that publication.
16. Please provide four glossy or laser-produced prints of each figure that you are submitting. Label all figures clearly with first author's name and figure number (place typed label on back of figure).
17. Provide a figure legend for each figure. Figure legends must be on a separate page at end of manuscript.
Please refer to Instructions to Authors for further information regarding the title page, abstract, references, tables and figures, and style.
The articles could be sent by e-mail or through the web site www.bjid.com.br.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Rua Alfredo Magalhães, 04/Barra
40140-140 Salvador - Bahia - Brazil
Telefax.: (55 71) 3264-2971/3264-3326