Scope and Policy
The publication of scientific authors will depend upon the reports of Editorial Guidelines, the evaluations from the Editorial Committee and ad hoc Committee. All the reports have sigilous and impartial character, and the authors as well as the members of Editorial Committee and/or ad hoc Committee do not get personal information by itself.
Manuscripts Form and Presentation
1. The concepts and conclusions included in papers are of the entire responsibility of the authors.
2. Ciência e Agrotecnologia is a scientific journal edited once every two months by the Federal University of Lavras Publishing House (Editora UFLA). It publishes scientific papers in the areas of Agricultural Science, Animal Science and Veterinary, Food Science and Technology, Agrobusiness Economy and Administration, Rural Engineering, elaborated by researchers of national and international scientific communities. Submission of a manuscript to this journal requires that it has neither been published nor is under consideration for publication elsewhere. Upon acceptance for publication, authors assign to the journal full copyright of the manuscript in all languages and countries.
3. Publication process: Submitted manuscripts will be forwarded to the editorial board to be initially evaluated in terms of comparative relevance to other papers of the same area that were submitted for publication. If it is considered as relevant, the paper will be submitted to blind peer reviewers. If approved and if necessary, the manuscript may return to the correspondent author for corrections. If the corrections are not returned within the required deadline, the publication process will be automatically cancelled. Requested corrections not attended without justification may also lead to can- cellation. After these revisions, the manuscript will receive corrections of scientific nomenclature, english, references and portuguese (resumo). Following these corrections, the manuscript will be edited and published.
4. Cost of publication: The cost for publication is US$15.00 (fifteen dollars) per edited page (printed page in the final format) up to six pages and US$30.00 (thirty dollars) for every additional page. A non-refundable, US$ 30.00 (thirty dollars) fee must be paid at submission which will be discounted from the final edited manuscript cost (final format). At submission, the receipt of the bank deposit or money transfer (payable to FUNDECC/Livraria, Banco do Brasil, Agency 0364-6; Account number 75.353-X) must be sent attached in the field "File Upload".
5. Manuscripts must be submitted electronically (www.editora.ufla.br), written in English, and use only conventional abbreviations and nomenclature with no abbreviations in the title. Manuscripts must be edited using the program Microsoft Word for Windows on paper size A4 (21 cm x 29.7cm), double spaced using Times New Roman font, size 12, with a 2.5 cm margin on both left and right hand side, and on upper and lower margins, heading and footnote. The manuscript must not exceed a maximum of 25 pages and a letter must be sent to the Editor requesting its publication. All authors must sign the submission letter, containing author's full name with no abbreviations, title degree and work address (street, number, zip code, city, state, country and e-mail). At submission, this document must be attached in the field "Cover Letter". Any further insertion, exclusion or alteration in the authors order must be informed by a document signed by all authors (including the excluded author, if the case).
6. Each manuscript must be organized in the following format: a) TITLE (capital letters) sufficiently clear; conspicuous and complete, without abbreviations and superfluous words, written in English and Portuguese. It is recommended to begin with the term that represents the most important aspect, with other terms in decreasing of importance; b) FULL NAME(S) OF THE AUTHOR(S) (without abbreviations) on the right side with one name beneath the former. The manuscript must have a maximum of 6 (six) authors; c) ABSTRACT must be written continuously in one paragraph and it must not exceed 250 words. At least, it must contain a brief introduction, objective(s) and main results, d) INDEX TERMS with 3 to 5 keywords that express the content of the paper and different from those used in the title and separated by commas; e) RESUMO (abstract translated to Portuguese); f) TERMOS PARA INDEXAÇÃO (index terms translated to Portuguese); g) INTRODUCTION (including literature review and objectives); h) MATERIAL AND METHODS; i) RESULTS AND DISCUSSION (it may include tables and figures); j) CONCLUSION(S); k) ACKNOWLEDGMENT(S) (optional) with serious and clear written style, indicating the reason(s) for the recognition(s); l) REFERENCES (without citations of thesis, dissertation and/or abstracts).
7. FOOTNOTE: It must contain title degree (MS, PhD, Dr, etc), institution of work with the complete address (street, number, zip code, P. O. Box, city, state, country) and e-mail of the corresponding author.
8. TABLES: Must contain a clear and concise title, being explanatory. Tables should not contain vertical lines. Horizontal lines must separate title from the presented data and at the bottom of the table. Tables should be made on Microsoft Word (Table - Insert Table), with each value inserted in a single cell, centrally located.
9. PHOTOGRAPHS, GRAPHS, FIGURES, SYMBOLS OR FORMULAS CONTAINED IN THE PAPER SHOULD FOLLOW THE RULES BELOW:
9.1. Photographs may be in color or black and white, clear and with contrast, inserted in the text after their citation and also in a separate file, saved in extension "TIFF" or "JPEG" with resolution of 300 dpi. Press copies will only publish photographs in black and white.
9.2. Figures may be in color or black and white, clear and with contrast, inserted in the text after their citation and also in a separate file, saved in extension "TIFF" or "JPEG" with resolution of 300 dpi. They must be described using Times New Roman font, size 10, without bold, without a text box and arranged in order. Press copies will only publish figures in black and white.
9.3. Graphs must be inserted in the text after their citation. Graphs must be described preferentially in Excel, using Times New Roman font, size 10, without bold, saved in XLS extension and transformed into TIFF or JPG files with a resolution of 300 dpi.
9.4. Symbols and Chemical Formula must be presented using a word processor that allows editing for Adobe InDesign CS6 (ex: MathType), maintaining their original layout.
10. CITATION IN THE TEXT BY THE ALPHABETIC SYSTEM (AUTHOR-DATE)
11. REFERENCES: All references and their correct citation in the text are the responsibility of the author(s).
EXAMPLES (MOST COMMON TYPES).
a) Complete book:
b) Book chapter with specific authors:
c) Book chapter without specific authors:
DISSERTATION AND THESIS:
ABSTRACTS PUBLISHED IN CONGRESSES OR OTHER EVENTS:
a) COMPLETE BOOK:
b) PART OF A BOOK
c) JOURNAL PAPER (ONLINE ACCESS):
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Caixa Postal 3037, Campus Histórico
37200-000 Lavras - MG - Brasil
Tel.: +55 35 3829-1115
Fax: +55 35 3829-1532