Scope and policy
CADERNO CRH, a Social Sciences journal published at four month intervals, accepts the free collaboration of unpublished texts of renowned academic interest and updated topics on Social Sciences, namely papers, bibliographic essays and reviews. Each number presents a thematic dossier on a specific topic, organized by invited writers of renowned academic experience and that represents an original contribution to debate, being submitted to the revision process carried out by their peers.
In both cases, it is essential that the papers be submitted to the editors in their final version, with theoretical consistency and a coherent background, besides being somehow original. Technical information shall be avoided in the body of the text, being limited to its background. The authors shall not simultaneously submit their papers to more than one national journal.
The publication of the texts is conditioned to the opinions of the Advisory Board and to the Editorial Board, ensuring the anonymity of the authors. Any future suggestions of modification of structure or content by the Editors will be previously agreed by the authors. Modifications or additions will not be allowed after the works have been submitted to typesetting.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
The journal accepts the following types of contribution:.
Thematic Dossier - the invited editor (organizer of the dossier) asks the authors to send unpublished papers related to the previously selected topic, pursuant to the journal planning, making the decision on the publication based on ad hoc reviewers.
Original papers by free demand-The texts are initially submitted to a preliminary revision to comply with the required publication standards (the non-compliance with the instructions will imply the interruption of this process). The texts are then sent to the Advisory Board to analyze the nature of the paper and its suitability for publication that makes the decision on the submission. Afterwards, they are sent to the reviewers, ensuring authors and consultants' anonymity.
The papers (dossier and by free demand) may undergo further modifications in form or content by the publishing company; however these shall be previously agreed with the authors. The journal will not accept additions or modifications by the authors after the final typesetting process has started.
Reviews - They can originate both from the free demand and from invitation, ensuring the program flow. The Editorial Board and the review editor make the decisions regarding the publication, bearing in mind the topic, the present time and quality.
• The texts will comprise approximately 30 pages, double line spacing, including notes, tables, graphs and bibliographical references. They shall be submitted in their complete form and revised by their authors through firstname.lastname@example.org email or www.cadernocrh.ufba.br site, in Word (Times New Roman font, body 12). The texts of the book reviews shall comprise six pages at most. The complete dossier will total approximately 180 pages.
• The Title page (in separate) will indicate: the title of the paper (up to 70 characters); the name(s) of the author(s); resumo, abstract and resumé of the paper (around 150 words) and five key words. The abstract will present the objectives, methods and conclusion of the text. All the authors shall be identified by their complete institutional and residential address, telephone numbers, email and a short resumé (academic background data, institutional affiliation and major publication. Up to 150 words).
• The text shall have at most three levels of subtitles, thus hierarchically organized: 1st SUBTITLE - BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS; 2nd Subtitle - only the initials are in bold capitalized letters; 3rd Subtitle - only the initials are in bold letter and in italics.
• The notes are explanatory and not bibliographic and they refer to information or supplementary comments. The number of lines shall be of six, at most.
• The Textual Quotations will come “in brackets” and neither bold letters nor italics will be used for this purpose.
• Use of italics - italics shall be used to highlight concepts or ideas-force that the author wants to highlight. In no case will bold letters or underline shall be used for this purpose. Italics are also used to call attention to the foreign words that the author uses in the text.
• Cardinal numbers that refer to numbering are written out, with the exception of dates, years of age, tables and charts, volumes or pages; when followed by units of measures; and when they correspond to percentages. Numbers at the beginning of a paragraph shall be written out.
• Charts and Graphs shall be sent separate from the text file, in a black and white version and within the part to be occupied by the printed part of the journal, indicating their inclusion in the text.
• Bibliographic quotes shall comply with the ABNT - NBR 10520 standard, being included in the body of the text. Ex. (Martins, 1986) when they come in brackets, the number of page shall also be included, namely: (Martins, 1986, p. 95). Various documents of the same author with the same data shall be distinguished by including small letters in alphabetic order. (Ex.: Martins, 1986a) (Martins, 1996b). The reference to the ideas of an author/authors in the text, without its transcription, follows the example: Ex.: (Cf. Martins, 1986). Before sending the text, the author shall match the quotations with the bibliographic references.
• Bibliographic references at the end of the paper follow the alphabetic order, by the author's surname (capital letters), name, title, subtitle (if there is any), issue, place, publisher, date of publication, page and/or volume, complying with the ABTN standards, according to the examples below:
EDER, K. A nova política de classes. São Paulo: EDUSC, 2002. 362p.
BOOKS BY MANY AUTHORS
DONIOL-SHAW, G. et al. Les plans d´égalité professionnelle: Étude/Bilan, 1983-1988. Paris: La Documentation Française, 1989.
DINIZ, E. De Sarney a Collor: as metamorfoses da agenda pública. In: _________. Crise, reforma do Estado e governabilidade. Rio de Janeiro: Editora da Fundação Getúlio Vargas, 1997. p. 113-138.
ARTICLE IN BOOK ORGANIZED BY THE AUTHOR
ZICCARDI, Alicia. Las ciudades y la cuestión social. In: _________ (Org.) Pobreza, desigualdad social y ciudadanía. Los limites de las políticas sociales en América Latina. Buenos Aires: CLACSO, 2001. p. 85-126. (Colección grupos de trabajo).
ARTICLE in BOOK organized by the author and ANOTHER PERSON
HIRATA, H. Apresentação à edição brasileira. In: MRUANI, M; _________. (Orgs.) As novas fronteiras da desigualdade: homens e mulheres no mercado de trabalho. São Paulo: SENAC Editora. 2003. p. 15-20.
ARTICLE in BOOK organized by another author
SILVA, Léa da. Somos todos iguais? In: LOVELL, P. (Org.) Desigualdade racial no Brasil contemporâneo. Belo Horizonte: UFMG/CEDEPLAR, 1991. p.161-170.
ARTICLE IN PERODIC OR JOURNALHIRSCH, J. Políticas Ambientais Globais. Caderno CRH, Salvador, Centro de Recursos Humanos da UFBA, n.35, p.107-122, jul./dez. 2001.
THESES AND DISSERTATION
JESUS, S.C.S. A crise do ‘habitus’ fordista: um estudo do processo de reestruturação do Banco do Brazil. 2003. 154 p. Thesis Dissertation (Master’s Degree in Social Sciences) - Graduate Program of Social Sciences of the Federal University of Bahia.
BOYER, R. Existe una crisis del Estado de bienestar? Estudio comparativo de la politica social de Francia. In: OIT. Organización Internacional del Trabajo. 2002. Available at http://www.ilo.com/ses. Access on: 11.01.2003
SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES
SANTOS, Milton. Inovação metropolitana e economia segmentada. In: SEMINÁRIO METROPOLIZAÇÃO E SEDE URBANA- PERSPECTIVA DOS ANOS 90. Rio de Janeiro. Rio de Janeiro: IPPUR/CNPq. 1990.
Second ENTRY BY same author
GOFFMAN,E. Encourters: two studie in the sociology of interaction. Indianápolis: Bobbs-Merrill Educational Publishing. 1961.
_________. A representação do eu na vida coitidiana. Petrópolis: Vozes. 1983.
SPECIFING ORIGINAL EDITION (when necessary)
Within the body of the text: (Durkheim,  1989).
Remarks: The date in brackets indicates the year of original publishing of the work. It is only mentioned when the work is first mentioned in the text. The following citations only the date of author's consultation is mentioned. Ex.: (Durkheim, 1989) (N.E.)
In bibliographic references:
Durkheim, Émile. A divisão do trabalho social. 1ª edição . Lisboa: Editorial Presença Ltda, 1989.
WORKS IN OTHER LANGUAGESThe reference data are not translated, cf. GOFFMAN (1961) in the example above.
No fee will be charged to authors in the submission, evaluation and publication of articles.
Submission of manuscripts
The texts should be submitted on the website: www.cadernocrh.ufba.brAddress for correspondence:
Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas em Humanidades (CRH)
Editoria Caderno CRH
Estrada de São Lázaro, 197 - Federação
40.210-730 - Salvador - Bahia - Brasil
Fone 55 (71) 3283-5857/3283-5856
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Estrada de São Lázaro, 197 - Federação
40.210-730 - Salvador - Bahia - Brasil
Fone 55 (71) 3283-5857 Fax: 55 (71) 3283-5051