SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Contributors should submit their papers at: https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/ce-scielo.
If accepted, papers written in Portuguese may take a long time for publishing. In order to increase the internationalization of the journal, papers submitted in English will have priority of publishing.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
Original research papers and state-of-the-art review articles. All contributions will be subjected to single-blinded peer review (the identity of the reviewer is kept anonymous). Membership of ABCeram is not required to submit a contribution.
All manuscripts should be:
- Written with MSWord text editor (.doc or .docx) in English or Portuguese, in A4 paper format with margins 1.5 cm above and below, 2.5 cm on the left and 1.5 cm on the right. Use one column and single spacing with font Times New Roman 10, no special formatting.
- Research articles with original results should contain: title in English, title in Portuguese*, author’s names, affiliation, address, email, abstract (maximum 150 words), keywords (at least two), resumo (abstract in Portuguese*, maximum 150 words), palavras-chave (keywords in Portuguese*, at least two), text in the following order: Introduction (objectives should be inserted at the end of this section); Experimental (or Materials and Methods); Results and Discussion (or Results, Discussion); Conclusions (should be succinct; avoid citing references in this section); Nomenclature or equivalent (if necessary); Acknowledgments (if necessary); Appendices (if necessary); References. Do not use footnotes.
- Review articles should contain: title in English, title in Portuguese*, author's names, affiliation, address, email, abstract (maximum 150 words), keywords (at least two), resumo (abstract in Portuguese*, maximum 150 words), palavras-chave (keywords in Portuguese*, at least two), text in the following order: Introduction (objectives should be inserted at the end of this section); sections with various subheadings; Conclusions or Final Comments (should be succinct; avoid citing references in this section); Acknowledgments (if pertinent); Appendices (if necessary); References. Do not use footnotes.
- TABLES should be numbered sequentially with Roman numerals, with captions in the upper part in English and Portuguese*; the tables must be editable (prepared with MSWord) and inserted in the text (tables should not have special formatting, such as colors and shading) and should preferably have three horizontal lines, as in the example:
Table I - Characterization results for the sintered samples.
[Tabela I - Resultados de caracterização das amostras sinterizadas.]
- FIGURES should be numbered sequentially with Arabic numerals, with lower captions in English and Portuguese*, and preferably inserted in the text. Illustrations (graphics, drawings, photos, micrographs) should have good contrast, and uniform lettering and sizing, sufficient to allow reading after reduction (illustrations will be published with a width of up to 8 cm or, eventually, up to 16 cm). Any scale markers should be inserted on micrographs.
- EQUATIONS should be indicated, and referred to in the text, by capital letters in parentheses, as shown below:
- REFERENCES should be numbered sequentially, in the order of citation in the text (with Arabic numerals, in brackets), and listed at the end of the paper. Avoid citing names of authors in the text - just indicate the number (e.g. ). References should not be linked (cross-referenced) to text. Avoid referencing web sites, master dissertations and doctoral theses. Instead, refer to the journals in which the contents of dissertation and thesis were published. Do not use “et al.” in the descriptions of the references (include names of all authors). Examples:
 R. Muccillo, E.N.S. Muccillo, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 34, 4 (2014) 915.
 J.S. Reed, Principles of ceramics processing, John Wiley, New York, USA (1995) 254.
 M.A.F.N. Freitas, T.F. Silva, J.M. Assaf, R.H.G.A. Kiminami, Proc. 2nd Global Congress on Microwave Energy Applications, Eds. R.L. Schulz, D.C. Folz, Microwave Working Group, Long Beach, USA (2013) 451.
- * NOTE FOR FOREIGN AUTHORS with no knowledge of Portuguese: a Portuguese version of the title, abstract, keywords and captions of tables and figures will be provided by the Editors after acceptance (they do not need to be included in the manuscript).
- Register all authors of the paper on the ScholarOne platform (all authors must give consent for paper submission);
- Indicate at least two potential reviewers for the paper, with no conflicts of interest with the authors (e.g., no family relationship, advisor/advised or joint participation in recent projects or publications, not from the authors’ institutions).
In order to increase the internationalization of the journal, papers submitted in English will have priority of publishing.
APC AND OFFPRINTS
There are no article publishing charges (APC) or publication fees for authors. A pdf file of the published paper will be sent to the corresponding author with no charge.