Scope and Policy
The editorial policy for Contexto Internacional establishes that the papers should have academic interest and be preferably placed in the thematic area of international relations, foreign affairs or areas alike such as political science, sociology, economics and law.
All the articles will be submitted to the Editorial Council and the Editorial Advisory Board depending on their approval for being published. Any eventual suggestion will be previously discussed with and approved by the author.
Articles are the sole responsibility of their authors. Reproduction is allowed as long as the full reference is given.
Some criteria are of special importance for coming to a decision of which articles and book reviews are about to be published, among the many ones received during the year. Though, they should fulfill the following standards:
Manuscript Format and Structure
1. Contexto Internacional accepts original manuscripts such as articles and book reviews. The texts should be of academic interest and relate to the area of International Relations and similar areas of studies.
2. All the articles will be submitted to the Editorial Council and the Editorial Advisory Board depending on their approval for being published. Any eventual suggestion will be previously discussed and approved by the author.
3. The papers may be sent all over the year by post or email. The format should be in Arial or Times New Roman, size 12, double spacing between lines, margins with 3 cm, and saved in Word for Windows, version 2003 or under.
4. Contexto Internacional adopts the rules of the Brazilian association of Technical Norms (ABNT).
5. The quotations in foreign language should be translated to Portuguese. The short quotations (3 lines or less) should be included in the text with quotes and not in italic. The long quotations (more than 3 lines) should be detached and placed with a 4 cm left margin, Arial or Times New Roman, size 10, simple space between lines and no quotes. The reference should be placed right after the quotation and before the punctuation sign.
6. The footnotes should be of substantive nature, having strictly to do with additional commentaries of the text.
7. The bibliographical references, when necessary, should appear in the body of the text, with the inclusion of the author's surname, followed by the year of publication and number of the page, when necessary.
8. At the end of the article, there should be listed the bibliographic references in alphabetical order, observing the following rules:
Example: HERZ, Mônica. A dimensão cultural das Relações Internacionais e os atores não-governamentais. Contexto Internacional, ano 4, n. 8, p. 69-82, 1988.
For Books Chapters
Example: PUTNAM, Robert D. Diplomacy and domestic politics: the logic of Two-Level Games. In: EVANS, P. B.; JACOBSON, H. K.; Putnam, R. D. (Ed.). Double-edged diplomacy: international bargaining and domestic politics. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1988-1993. p. 431-468.
For newspaper's articles
Example: MORALES-SOLÁ, Joaquín. La Argentina frente el nuevo orden mundial. La Nación, Buenos Aires, 23 fev. 2003.
For dissertations and thesis
Example: SANTANA, Helton R. P. Área de Livre Comércio das Américas (ALCA): determinantes domésticos e política externa brasileira. 2000. 135 f. Dissertação (Mestrado em Relações Internacionais) – IRI/PUC-Rio, Rio de Janeiro, 2000.
Paper presented in a seminar
Example: LIMA, Maria Regina Soares de; SANTOS, Fabiano. O Congresso Brasileiro e a política de comércio exterior. In: ENCONTRO DA LATIN-AMERICAN STUDIES ASSOCIATION (LASA), Chicago, 1998.
Example: KHALIL, Ashraf. Iraq’s women see victory in constitution. Middle East Online, 4 mar. 2004. Available in: < http://www.middle- east-online.com/English/?id+9089>. Checked in: 10 mar. 2004.
9. The author will receive three copies of the Journal that come with his/her article published.
Remittance of manuscripts
All correspondence should be sent to:
Contexto Internacional / Núcleo de Pesquisa e Publicações
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
Rua Marques de São Vicente, 225 - Casa
20 - Gávea
222453-900, Rio de Janeiro RJ Brasil
Tel.: +55 21 3527-1559
Fax: +55 21 3527-1560