Dental Press Journal of Orthodontics publishes original scientific research,
significant reviews, case reports, brief communications and other materials
related to orthodontics and facial orthopedics.
1. Title Page
- Must comprise the title in English, an abstract and keywords.
- Information about the authors must be provided on a separate page, including
authors' full names, academic degrees, institutional affiliations and
administrative positions. Furthermore, the corresponding author's name,
address, phone numbers and e-mail must be provided. This information is
not made available to the reviewers.
- Preference is given to structured abstracts in English with 250 words
- The structured abstracts must contain the following sections: INTRODUCTION:
outlining the objectives of the study; METHODS, describing how the study
was conducted; RESULTS, describing the primary results, and CONCLUSIONS,
reporting the authors' conclusions based on the results, as well as the
- Abstracts in English must be accompanied by 3 to 5 keywords, or descriptors,
which must comply with MeSH.
- The text must be organized in the following sections: Introduction,
Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, References and
- Texts must contain no more than 4,000 words, including captions, abstract
- Illustrations and tables must be submitted in separate files (see below).
- Insert the legends of illustrations also in the text document to help
with the article layout.
- Digital images must be in JPG or TIF, CMYK or grayscale, at least 7
cm wide and 300 dpi resolution.
- Images must be submitted in separate files.
- In the event that a given illustration has been published previously,
the legend must give full credit to the original source.
- The author(s) must ascertain that all illustrations are cited in the
5. Graphs and cephalometric tracings
- Files containing the original versions of graphs and tracings must be
- It is not recommended that such graphs and tracings be submitted only
in bitmap image format (not editable).
- Drawings may be improved or redesigned by the journal's production department
at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- Tables must be self-explanatory and should supplement, not duplicate
- Must be numbered with Arabic numerals in the order they are mentioned
in the text.
- A brief title must be provided for each table.
- In the event that a table has been published previously, a footnote
must be included giving credit to the original source.
- Tables must be submitted as text files (Word or Excel, for example)
and not in graphic format (noneditable image).
7. Copyright Assignment
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by the following written statement
signed by all authors: "Once the article is published, the undersigned
author(s) hereby assign(s) all copyright of the manuscript [insert article
title here] to Dental Press International. The undersigned author(s) warrant(s)
that this is an original article and that it does not infringe any copyright
or other third party proprietary rights, it is not under consideration
for publication by another journal and hás not been published previously,
be it in print or electronically. I (we) hereby sign this statement and
accept full responsibility for the publication of the aforesaid article."
- This copyright assignment document must be scanned or otherwise digitized
and submitted through the website*, along with the article.
8. Ethics Committees
- Articles must, where appropriate, refer to opinions of the Ethics Committees.
- All articles cited in the text must appear in the reference list.
- All listed references must be cited in the text.
- For the convenience of readers, references must be cited in the text
by their numbers only.
- References must be identified in the text by superscript Arabic numerals
and numbered in the order they are mentioned in the text.
- Journal title abbreviations must comply with the standards of the "Index
Medicus" and "Index to Dental Literature" publications.
- Authors are responsible for reference accuracy, which must include all
information necessary for their identification.
- References must be listed at the end of the text and conform to the
Vancouver Standards (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/uniform_requirements.html).
- The limit of 30 references must not be exceeded.
- The following examples should be used:
Articles with one to six authors
Sterrett JD, Oliver T, Robinson F, Fortson W, Knaak B, Russell CM. Width/length
ratios of normal clinical crowns of the maxillary anterior dentition in
man. J Clin Periodontol. 1999 Mar;26(3):153-7.
Articles with more than six authors
De Munck J, Van Landuyt K, Peumans M, Poitevin A, Lambrechts P, Braem
M, et al. A critical review of the durability of adhesion to tooth tissue:
methods and results. J Dent Res. 2005 Feb;84(2):118-32.
Kina S. Preparos dentários com finalidade protética. In:
Kina S, Brugnera A. Invisível: restaurações estéticas
cerâmicas. Maringá: Dental Press; 2007. cap. 6, p. 223-301.
Book chapter with editor
Breedlove GK, Schorfheide AM. Adolescent pregnancy. 2ª ed. Wieczorek
RR, editor. White Plains (NY): March of Dimes Education Services; 2001.
Dissertation, thesis and final term paper
Beltrami LER. Braquetes com sulcos retentivos na base, colados clinicamente
e removidos em laboratórios por testes de tração,
cisalhamento e torção. [dissertação]. Bauru:
Universidade de São Paulo; 1990.
Câmara CALP. Estética em Ortodontia: Diagramas de Referências
Estéticas Dentárias (DRED) e Faciais (DREF). Rev Dental
Press Ortod Ortop Facial. 2006 nov-dez;11(6):130-56. [Acesso 12 jun 2008].
Disponível em: www.scielo.br/pdf/dpress/v11n6/a15v11n6.pdf.
We further emphasize that there is no collection of fees (APC - Article Processing Charge) for submission, assessment or publication of the articles.