Economia e Sociedade considers for publication original articles and reviews that have not been published in other journals (in Brazil or abroad) or as book chapters.
The journal adopts a desk rejection policy, i.e. the editorial board carries out a preliminary evaluation of the manuscripts, which can be rejected before being send to referees if they do not bring an original contribution and/or do are in conformity with the scope of the journal.
The manuscripts which are selected in the preliminary assessment are evaluated according to a blind review system, being sending by at least two anonymous referees from different institutions from which the authors are associated.
In order to detect incorrect citations or avoid potential cases of plagiarism, the journal uses the software Turnitin to verify the originality of the manuscript through a comparison with the content available in the database of the program and in the internet.
Authors that have previously published articles in the journal may be asked to collaborate as referees.
Structure and preparation of manuscripts
The guidelines for submission for manuscripts are:
5. The complete bibliographical references must be presented at the end of the document and according to the ABNT (Brazilian Association of Technical Standards) NBR-6023 norms. References in the body of the text must only contain the author’s name, original publication date and pages or chapters used.
1. The authors can have just one article in the evaluation process.
2. The manuscripts must not include the author’s name and avoid references that may enable his/her identification.
2. The journal publishes in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
3. The articles and reviews, preferably in Word, must not exceed 70,000 and 15,000 characters (without spaces), respectively. In addition, they must include a title, abstract (maximum 150 words), and between three and five keywords and the system classification codes of the Journal of Economic Literature (available at:
All information must be presented in Portuguese (or Spanish) and English.
4. Graphs, tables (including titles and sources), equations and footnotes must be limited to the requirements of the text. They must also be in an editable format. Graphs and equations, if possible, must be presented in the SVG (Scalable Vector Graphs) format.
Articles must be submitted online at (http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/ecos/login).
Registration on the system and subsequent access, via login and password, are mandatory in order to submit manuscripts as well as to follow the editorial process.
The submission of an manuscripts implies the guarantee that the content is not published elsewhere or is under evaluation in any other journal. Preliminary versions of published manuscripts as discussion papers or in conference proceedings may be submitted.
All selected texts are proofread.
No fees are charged for submitting the manuscripts.
[About this journal] [Editorial
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under
Rua Pitágoras, s/n. CP 6135.
13083-857 - Campinas - SP - Brasil
Tel.: +55 19 3521-5726 / 3521-5721
Fax: +55 19 3289-3580