Scope and editorial policy
1- Journal profile
Educação em Revista is a quarterly journal that seeks to spread scientific knowledge in the field of education. It publishes original articles that effectively contribute to the advancement of educational research.
2 – Peer review process
Assuring the Blind Evaluation: To assure the integrity of the double-blind peer review to submissions to the magazine, all the possible precautions have to be made so the identity of the authors and evaluators is not revealed between them during the process.
After the manuscripts are received they undergo a preliminary evaluation by the editors establishing whether they fit into the journal's editorial policy.
The papers are sent to plagiarism control systems to verify their authenticity.
1) About the development
2) About the shape:
In case they decide for it’s conduct, the editors will forward the paper for merit evaluation to, minimum, two evaluators, selected from the CNPq’s Research Group Directory and/or other databases. The evaluators recommend, then, it’s acceptance, refusal, approval with obligatory corrections or indicate that the paper should be rewritten and sent for another evaluation round. In the last two cases, the rewritten paper will be revaluated for final decision. All of the feedback are sent to the author(s). Evaluators and author(s) are not identified.
The contributions in the form of Review, Open Word, Conference, Tribute and Interview are evaluated by the Editorial Team, that will decide on the pertinence of it’s publication according to the goals of each section and adequacy of the texts to the magazine’s norms.
For each item, it is necessary that at least one of the authors holds a PhD degree.
The Manuscript submission is made exclusively through the Submission System available at SciELO.
Registration in the system and subsequent access, through login and password, is mandatory for the submission of manuscripts, as well as to follow up on the progress of the editorial process.
As part of the submission process, the author(s) must verify that the manuscript is in compliance with all of the rules listed below. Submissions that do not fulfill these requirements will be rejected.
The manuscripts should be unpublished, a simultaneous submission to another journal is not allowed.
Papers that contain author identification in any part of the document won’t be accepted, be it in footnotes, bibliographic references or document properties.
1. Each author must have only one manuscript in process between the start of submission and final publication.
2. A two year interval must be observed between the publication of a manuscript and the start of a new submission process by the same author(s).
3. The manuscript should follow the standards of the Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas (ABNT) or the American Psychological Association (APA), and must observe the following criteria:
a) Article: Unpublished manuscript of
6,000 to 10,000 words presenting:
1) results of empirical or theoretical
b) Book review: Manuscript of 1,500 to 3,000 words presenting a critical review of relevant work to the field of education, published in the previous 3 (three) years;
c) Open words: Opinion article of 3,000 to 5,000 words about current topics impacting education;
d) Interview: Unpublished interview of 3,000 to 5,000 words presenting relevant contributions to the field of education;
e) Tribute: Section for public recognition of people and/or institutions that made significant contributions to the field of education;
f) Conference: Unpublished lecture
of 4,000 to 9,000 words given at the
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
4. The title in all cases should consist of 20 words maximum in the original article language and in English.
5. Tables, charts, graphs, maps and other visual resources should be submitted in grayscale. They should be included in the text flow and with full caption. The images should be digital, 300 dpi, in TIFF or JPG format.
6. To meet the submission requirements, download the COVER SHEET, fill out the indicated fields and save it in your computer. When you get to the end of Step 4, submit the saved document as an attachment.
7) The following conditions are applicable only to article submissions:
a) Abstract with a minimum of 120
words and a maximum of 150 words
in the original article language and in
b) Three to five keywords in the original article language and in English.
c) Note on research ethics and conflict of interest: if the research underlying this article involves human beings, it is necessary to state that the approaches and the methodological tools used complied with the ethical procedures established for scientific research in the Humanities. Furthermore, if the developed research and / or publication of the article generate questionings about the potential conflicts of interests, the author must declare that the information about the bodies or the financial institutions were not omitted.
Click here to submit a manuscript.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Avenida Antonio Carlos, 6627
31270-901 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil
Tel./Fax: +55 31 3499-5371