- The manuscript must be unpublished and relevant to the field, it’s not allowed to submit it simultaneously to other periodics, national or international.
- The manuscript must be addressed to one of the sessions: Article, Review, Palavra Aberta, Interview or Dossier. It must be submitted exclusively in a .doc format through the online system supported by SciELO. http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_serial&pid=0102-4698&lng=pt&nrm=iso
- Every manuscript is submitted to plagiarism control systems to verify it’s authenticity.
- Registration in the Scielo system and posterior access, with login and password, are mandatory not only to submit the manuscripts but also to monitor the entire editorial process in progress.
- It’s mandatory for submission that at least one of the authors have a doctorate title.
- All of the manuscript’s authors must be named and attached to the article exclusively in the indicated field in the submission system. This guarantees that the article is related to the authors only through the system.
- Manuscripts that contain authorship identification in any part of the text will not be accepted, be it in the footnotes, bibliographical references or document’s ownership. Any possibility of identification of the authors must be excluded from the text and posteriorly, if approved, reinserted. In case you have any questions about how to remove these identifications, we suggest you consult this link below: https://support.office.com/pt-br/article/Remover-dados-ocultos-e-informa%C3%A7%C3%B5es-pessoais-por-meio-da-inspe%C3%A7%C3%A3o-de-documentos-356b7b5d-77af-44fe-a07f-9aa4d085966f
- Works published in conference annals might be accepted, if the manuscript is modified to offer a significative proportion of unprecedented elements that justify a new publishing.
- Concepts and opinions expressed in the manuscript, as it’s quotes’ exactitude and procedence, are of the author’s exclusive responsibility.
- To meet submissions demands, download the document COVER PAGE: http://educacaoemrevistaufmg.com.br/en/cover-page/, fill all the indicated fields and save it in your computer. When you get to step 4, submit the saved document as a supplementary document.
- The manuscript must follow the Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas (ABNT)’s or American Psychological Association (APA)’s standards.
- The manuscript mustn’t be longer than the word count indicated below:
In all cases, titles must have, maximum, 20 words, in the article’s language and English.
Tables, charts, graphics, maps and other visual resources must be submitted in grayscale. They also must be presented in the text’s body and with full subtitles. Images must be scanned with 300 dpi, in TIFF or JPG format.
Margins: 3 cm superior and left, 2 cm inferior and right.
Font: Garamond (black color)
Font’s size in body text: 12pt.
Font size of 10pt to long quotes, footnotes, subtitles and pages.
Spacing between lines 1.5 to all the body text and of 1.0 (simple) to direct quotes (more than 3 lines); footnotes; subtitles of special elements (tables, charts, graphics, images); bibliographical references.
First line paragraph indent: 2 cm.
- Article: must be between 6,000 and 12,000 words;
- Review: must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words;
- Palavra Aberta: must be between 3,000 and 5,000 words;
- Interview: must be between 3,000 and 5,000 words.
2.1 – Editorial Standards Specific To Academic Articles Submission
- Abstract with a minimum of 120 and a maximum of 150 words in the language’s article and in English. If the article submitted is in English, it must contain an abstract in Portuguese.
- Minimum of three and maximum of five keywords in the article’s language and in English. If the article submitted is in English, it must contain an abstract in Portuguese.
- Publishing articles that bring research results about human beings and made in Brazil must contain authorization from Comitê de Ética em Pesquisa (Coep).
- Articles from foreign authors must follow ethical standards from their country of origin.
- The author must declare, mandatorily in the text: corresponding research funding institution, when it applies; institution to which it’s vinculated; partner institutions that participated in the investigation development.
2.2 – Editorial Standards Specific To Dossier Submission
- Thematic dossier proposals can be presented by editorial commission’s initiative, that must release a specific call containing the standards to its elaboration, or can be presented by the academic community’s initiative, according to the specific standards specified below:
- Dossier proposals must be forwarded by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the editorial commission that has the role to analyse them according to the scope and magazine’s policies and approve them or not.
- Won’t be accepted proposals about themes that were published previously in other magazine’s dossiers in the last five years, unless there is justification, theoretical or of another nature, to be evaluated by the Editorial Commission.
- The proposal must contain at least 6 and maximum 8 articles by researchers linked to different national and international institutions. At least 2 of the articles must have international authors.
- The dossier proposals, in text form, must be submitted by the dossier’s organizer, by email (email@example.com), to the magazine’s directors and must contain the following information:
- Proposed dossier’s title
- Name and short resume of the dossier’s organizer
- Summary and brief justification about the theme’s choice.
- Dossier’s structure, containing:
- Articles titles and abstracts’ list that will compose the dossier. The abstracts must contain: problem’s presentation, research procedures, main results and main references.
- Name and brief curriculum of the article’s authors that will compose the dossier.
- Dossier proposal analysis deadline is two months, by the end of which the organizers will receive an email informing the result.
- Will be considered as criteria for proposal’s evaluation:
In case the proposal is approved, authors must submit the articles that will compose the dossier using magazine’s submission platform, indicating the publication’s session - Dossier - (http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/edur/login), according to deadlines defined by Editorial Commission.
The dossier can present manuscripts to all the magazine’s sessions, which means articles, reviews, Palavra Aberta and interviews.
Manuscripts that compose the dossier must fulfill the same foreseen editorial standards to continuous demand submission.
After submission, manuscripts must be evaluated by Editorial Commission according to the same rules and procedures adopted by the magazine to continuous demand articles.
After this step, articles will also be evaluated by external reviewers assigned by Educação em Revista’s Editorial Commission.
Refused articles can’t be resubmitted, even if they are in a different version.
Editorial Commission might ask for dossier’s articles’ alterations and/or exclusion.
Organizers must follow the dossier’s editorial production during all steps, acting as intermediaries between editors and article’s authors to settle matters related to suggested review by external reviewers, language review and bibliographical normalization, to its edition and other demands that might come up related to the dossier’s production.
Organizers must maintain secrecy during the whole evaluation process by their peers, according to the magazine’s blind review evaluation rules. They also must assure the deadlines are followed during the whole evaluation and editorialization process.
Organizers will be in charge of preparing a dossier presentation text that will compose the publication’s editorial.
Organizers must write a small text about the dossier, to be published in social networks.
Organizers and authors will not be remunerated by the magazine.
- Adequacy to Educação em Revista’s editorial policy, especially related to its contribution to knowledge advancement in the educational field.
- Relevance and originality or the articles in relation to themes covered in other educational periodicals in Brazil.
- Clarity, coherence and organicity of the articles in relation to the thematic unity proposed.
- Institutional and regional author’s coverage.
- Author’s insertion related to their article’s themes, as well as in relation to general dossier’s theme.