Scope and Policies
Educar em Revista publishes articles on education and related areas. Original articles are published as well as book reviews of interest and eventually special documents and translations.
Editorial policy: The texts published are of authors full responsibility.
Issues of Interest: Education (Educational Fundaments; Educational Management; Planning and Educational Evaluation; Teaching-Learning; Learning Evaluation; Curriculum; Specific Topics on Education).
Peer review: Manuscripts are sent to two "ad hoc" evaluators, who must be recognized doctors in their research areas and participants of official research groups.
Journal readers: Researchers of education and related areas, teachers
from various levels of teaching, graduation and post-graduation students.
Format and preparation of manuscripts
Educar em Revista accepts works directly or indirectly related to education with the following specifications:
1. Unpublished articles, in Portuguese, Spanish, French or English:
· The size of each article must not have more than 15 (fifteen) pages, including bibliographical references, illustrations, graphs, maps and charts.
· Abstract, in the original language of the article, in Portuguese and in English, maximum of 230 (two hundred thirty) words - inserted right bellow the author(s) name(s).
· Maximum of five keywords in the language of the article, in Portuguese and in English.
· Text in Word for Windows following these instructions: Times New Roman letters, size 12, 1,5 spaced lines, A4 sheet size, 2,5 cm margin size, page numbers at the inferior right corner.
2. Identification at the top of the page containing:
· Paper title (in the original language; in Portuguese and in English) - in case of research support, the funding institution should be mentioned in a footnote.
· Author(s) name(es) - greatest degree (institution, optional), corresponding institution, e-mail (optional) placed in a footnote.
3. References must follow ABNT rules. Some models are presented bellow:
SURNAME, N. Title: subtitle. City: Publisher, year. (Collection)
SURNAME, N. Chapter title. In: SURNAME, N. Book title. City: Publisher, year. p.
SURNAME, N. Article title. Journal Title, City, v. , n. , p., month (abbreviated), year.
SURNAME, N. Title: subtitle. City, year. Available at: <complete website>. Captured in: Day/Month/Year.
SURNAME, N. Title: subtitle. Thesis or Dissertation (Subject or
Program), Discipline, Institution, city, date.
· Bibliographical reference footnotes are not allowed. For this purpose, references should be inserted in the text: in the work body, indicating author(s) name(s), year of publishing and page (for instance: GOUVEIA, 2006, p. 191). Footnotes must be used to absolute necessary details.
4. Ilustrations, charts, graphs and maps (digitalized with 300 DPIs) must be sent placed in the text body and also in separated files (.TIF or . JPG). In some cases, their numbers and titles should be inserted at the upside left of the picture (ex. FIGURE 2 - Alphabetization lesson of The Afro Experimental Theater). The source must be at the left bottom (ex.: SOURCE: Brazil Afro Museum Collection) and a short explanation text no longer than 3 (three) lines.
5. Book reviews should be no longer than 5 (five) pages and titles will be the complete bibliographical reference of the work reviewed. Ex.: AMADO, C. (Org.). O envelhecimento da população de Curitiba: políticas públicas para a terceira idade. Curitiba: Editora Capricho, 2007. Keywords and abstract are not necessary.
6. Translations must be submitted with an authorization document from the original author and an original copy of the text.
7. Texts should be submitted to Educar em Revista by SER - Sistema Eletrônico de Revistas ("Electronic Journals System") at: <www.ser.ufpr.br/educar>. Select "Cadastro" ("Register"). After filling up the form, attach your text WITHOUT ANY AUTHOR IDENTIFICATION (view at SER the link ASSEGURANDO UMA AVALIAÇÃO CEGA SEGURA - "PRESERVING A BLIND SECURE EVALUATION"). Authors identification can only be inserted in the adequate place; on the contrary, the text will be sent back. Texts should be sent to Demanda Contínua section.
8. The received texts will be sent to 2 (two) ad hoc experts, preserving the anonymity of the authors. The whole process of communication among publishers, experts and authors runs electronically. The reports are registered in the system and the texts may be: a) accepted; b) required reviews; c) rejected. In case of divergent opinions, the material will be sent to a third expert.
9. Each article provides to the author the right of receiving 5 (five) copies of the Journal's number in which the paper was published. Other sections give the right to 1 (one) copy.
10. Only the texts that follow these rules presented here will be accepted.
11. Educar em Revista preserves itself in order to not publish work(s) from the same author(s) in intervals shorter than 2 (two) editions, except for special editions. Editors keep themselves the right of refusing articles in which amendments were requested, in case they do not fit the experts judgment. If the text is accepted for publication, the journal may change some formal items in the work.
12. The acceptance of the subject for publication includes the author's rights transference to this journal. It is assured to Educar em Revista the information divulgation rights and copyrights, according to copyrights law. The subject contents are of full responsibility of their author(s).
13. Address for correspondence:
Educar em Revista
Educar em Revista accepts unpublished articles that are related to education, in Portuguese, Spanish, French or English. Texts should be submitted to Educar em Revista by SER - Sistema Eletrônico de Revistas ("Electronic Journals System") at: <www.ser.ufpr.br/educar>. Select "Cadastro" ("Register"). Each article must have a maximum of 15 (fifteen) pages, including bibliographical references, illustrations, graphs, maps and charts. Abstract, in the article's language and in English, of a maximum of 230 (two hundred thirty) words - placed right bellow author(s) name(s). It must have a maximum of five keywords in the article's language and in English. Text in Word for Windows following these instructions: Times New Roman letters, size 12, 1,5 spaced lines, A4 sheet size, 2,5 cm margin size, page numbers at the inferior right corner.
[Home] [About the Journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
© 2011 Setor de Educação da Universidade Federal do Paraná
Rua General Carneiro 460 1º Andar sala 102
80060-150 Curitiba PR Brasil
Tel.: 41 3360-5259
Fax: 41 3264-3574