Scope and Policies
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle
that making research freely available to the public supports a greater
global exchange of knowledge.
In order to accomplish a high standard, papers submitted to the journal
undergo a peer reviewing procedure coordinate by the editorial board and
covering the following areas:
- Acoustics and Vibration
- Aerospace Science and Technology
- Automotive Engineering
- Composite and Cellular Materials
- Computational Methods
- Dynamic Systems & Control
- Experimental Mechanics
- Industrial applications
- Material Modelling
- Microsystems and Machine Design
- Multiscale phenomena
- New materials
- Ocean and Offshore Engineering
- Safety and Risk Analysis
- Structural Mechanics
- Technology and Society
- Theoretical and Continuum Mechanics
- Thermomechanics and fluid-solid interaction
Format and preparation of manuscripts
LAJSS published only full technical and original articles. Authors are
required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following
items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to
- The submission has not been previously published.
- The submission file is in pdf, doc ou Zip (LaTeX) file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The LAJSS (Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures) accepts
only articles written in English. The text is double-spaced; uses a
12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with
URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed
within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Authors
may submit their articles in free format. It is advisable though that
the article is organized in a typical structure of Title, Authors, Abstract,
Keywords, Text, References, and Appendices.
- All articles are peer-reviewed.
- Once accepted, an article is typeset according to the journal layout.
There is no need at the submission stage, to format the article in a
specific way, except for noting that the references are numbered in
alphabetical order of the first surname author.
- The abstract should contain the main points described in the text,
in no more than half a page. There is no limit of references cited but
the maximum number of pages per article, in its published form, should
not exceed 30. Figures must be of good quality, unlimited file size,
and vectored made.
[About the Journal] [Editorial
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under
Associação Brasileira de Ciências
Av. Rio Branco, 124/14º andar
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
(0 xx 21) 2221 0438