Aim and editorial policy
|1. Mana: Estudos de Antropologia Social accepts the
following types of contributions:
2. One of the journal's objectives is to become an instrument for encouraging intellectual debate on relevant themes in the field. Two kinds of contributions are intended for this purpose:
3. Articles will be reviewed by the Editorial Committee (as to whether they fit the journal's profile and editorial line) and ad hoc reviewers (in relation to their content and academic quality). Both authors and reviewers will remain anonymous throughout the reviewing process.
There are no fees for submission and review articles.
Presentation of originals
|4. Two double-spaced copies of the article should be
submitted along with a copy on diskette in one of the following word processers:
Word for DOS (5.0 or higher), Word for Windows (2.0 or higher), Word for
Macintosh (4.0 or higher), WordPerfect for DOS (5.1 or higher), WordPerfect
for Windows (2.0 or higher), or WordPerfect for Macintosh (2.0 or higher).
5. Articles should include an abstract of up to 250 words in Portuguese and English. Authors should also include their professional identification (institution, position, titles, main publications) and address for correspondence (including E-mail address if possible).
6. Footnotes should come at the end of the text and should not be simple bibliographical references. The latter must appear in the body of the text with the following format
(author's last name/space/year of publication/space/page number), as in the following example: (Wagley 1977: 160-162).
7. The bibliography in alphabetical order should come after the endnotes and follow the format used in the following examples (with particular attention to punctuation, spaces, use of italics, and capitalization):
SAHLINS, Marshall. 1985. Islands of History. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
Article in an anthology
FERNANDES, Florestan. 1976. "Aspectos da Educação na Sociedade Tupinambá". In: E. Schaden (org.), Leituras de Etnologia Brasileira. São Paulo: Cia. Editora Nacional. pp. 63-86.
Article in a journal
LÉVI-STRAUSS, Claude. 1988. "Exode sur Exode". L'Homme, XXVIII(2-3):13-23.
Thesis and Dissertation
CROCKER, Cristopher. 1967. Social Organization of the Eastern Bororo. Ph.D. Dissertation, Harvard University.
8. Graphs, charts, and maps should be submitted on separate sheets, adequately numbered and entitled, have the due reference (when reproduced from some other source), and indicate where they are to be inserted in the text. They should be produced in such a way as to allow for direct reproduction.
9. When an article is published, the author receives 5 copies of that issue. For reviews, the author receives 2 copies of the issue.
10. Submission of articles implies ceding of the copyright to the journal, which reserves the right not to return original manuscripts.
11. Authors should send their articles to the address below.
12. For further information, consult the Editors at the Graduate Program in Social Anthropology through telephone, fax or e-mail as follow.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Quinta da Boa Vista s/n - São Cristóvão
20940-040 Rio de Janeiro RJ Brasil
Tel.: +55 21 2568-9642
Fax: +55 21 2254-6695