The Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz is an international journal of biological and biomedical research published by the Instituto Oswaldo Cruz (Oswaldo Cruz Institute) and welcomes original contributions from research scientists throughout the world. It publishes 8 regular numbers and one suplement a year.
To briefly refer to the journal, the short title Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz is recommended regarding bibliographies, footnotes, as well as bibliographical strips and references.
Founded in 1909, through the visionary ideals and dedicated effort of Oswaldo Cruz himself, it is today one of the most highly cited journals published in Latin America.
The journal has gradually changed from publishing only the results of research produced by the Institute to become an international research journal.
Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz is covered by:
- Biological Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CAS
- Current Contents - Life Sciences
- Entomology Abstracts
- Excerpta Medica
- Fish and Fisheries Worldwide, Aquatic Biology, Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources - Nisc’s FISHLIT
- Helminthological Abstracts
- Index Medicus - Medline - PubMed
- Institute for Scientific Information - ISI
- Literatura Latino-Americana - Lilacs
- Microbiology Abstracts
- Protozoological Abstracts
- Scientific Electronic Library Online - SciELO
- Science Citation Index - SCI
- Sociedad Iberoamericana de Información Científica - SIIC
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
- Wildlife Review
- Zoological Record (Thomson Zoological Ltd)
The publication of the journal is supported by:
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq), Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (Capes)
[Editorial board] [Instructions
to authors] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under
@ 1997-2007 Fundação Oswaldo Cruz
Av. Brasil, 4365 - Pavilhão Mourisco, sala 201
Manguinhos 21040-900 Rio de Janeiro RJ Brasil
Tel.: + 55-21- 2562.1222