- Aim and scope: Neotropical Ichthyology is the official journal of the Sociedade Brasileira de Ictiologia (SBI). It is an international peer-reviewed Open Access periodical that publishes original articles and reviews on Neotropical freshwater and marine fish and constitutes an International Forum to disclose and discuss results of original researches on the diversity of marine, estuarine and freshwater Neotropical fishes. We give priority to articles on native species in their original basins. Articles focusing on aquaculture may be submitted in journals of Animal Science.
- Frequency: Four issues per year published both online and printed. The online issues are in the system ‘rolling pass’, which allows all articles are posted online immediately as they are ready for publication, with the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) number searchable and citable. Sequence of articles and pages numeration might not match between online and printed issues.
- Areas of interest: Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology, Ecology, Ethology, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Systematics.
- Peer review process: The Editor-in-Chief will screen each manuscript submitted to Neotropical Ichthyology verifying whether it is within the scope, presents original research and follows the instructions of the journal to authors. After passing through the initial screening, articles will be assigned to a Section Editor, who will assign an Associate Editor starting the ‘single blind’ review process.
- Open Access Policy: Neotropical Ichthyology is published under Open Access model and it is consequently free for anybody to read, download, copy, and disseminate the articles for educational purposes.
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Current Contents
- Journal Citation Reports
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Zoological Record
All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type CC-BY.
The online journal is free and open access.
[Editorial board] [Instructions
to authors] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under
Universidade Estadual de Maringá
Núcleo de Pesquisas em Limnologia, Ictiologia e Aquicultura / Coleção Ictiológica
Av. Colombo, 5790, 87020-900 Maringá, PR, Brasil
Fone (55 44)-3011-4632