PHYSIS PUBLISHES ARTICLES IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
ORIGINAL UNSOLICITED ARTICLES (UP TO 7,000 WORDS, INCLUDING ENDNOTES AND REFERENCES): unpublished papers resulting from research or bibliographical analysis. The Editor reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted papers, following the recommendations of its Editorial Board, based on anonymous assessment of reviewers - double-blind peer review - and according to space availability.
ORIGINAL ARTICLES AT THE EDITOR'S INVITATION (UP TO 8,000 WORDS, INCLUDING ENDNOTES AND REFERENCES): unpublished articles resulting from research or bibliographical analysis. The Editorial Board and the invited editor may either ask experienced authors to forward original papers on previously decided themes, according to the journal planning, or decide on the acceptance, based on anonymous assessment of two reviewers (double-blind peer review). Reviews and comments usually come at the invitation to the authors by the Editors. Articles that, due to their authorial characteristic cannot be anonymously assessed, will be analyzed by an anonymous reviewer (single-blind peer review).
REVIEWS (UP TO 4,000 WORDS, INCLUDING ENDNOTES AND REFERENCES): Physis welcomes unsolicited reviews and invites authors to send them as well. The Editorial Board will decide on the publication, considering the theme, quality of typescript and space availability.
Interviews (UP TO 4,000 WORDS): this section welcomes testimonies of people whose life stories or professional achievements are relevant to the journal's scope.
Letters (UP TO 1,500 WORDS): this section reviews published on the journal or notes and opinions on issues of interest to readers.
Presentation of articles and reviews:
- Papers should be submitted online only at http://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/physis-scielo.
- Texts must be typewritten 1.5 spaced throughout, with the file in Word (6.0 version on) or RTF, using font Arial or Times New Roman size 12, according to the number of words established for each section (comprising text, notes and references). Articles should not bring any information about authorship; information about authors must be provided in specific fields of submission form.
- Papers presenting the results of research involving human beings must contain a clear statement of compliance with ethical principles, according to the Helsinki Declaration and the Brazilian legislation issued by the Research Ethics National Committee (Resolution 466/13). Authors should indicate whether the research work has been sponsored, is based on a Master's thesis or Doctorate dissertation, and must as well disclosure any potential conflict of interest.
- Physis welcomes articles written in Portuguese (preferably), English, Spanish and French. The Editorial Board may make changes and / or cuts in the texts, following the standards of the journal, however preserving style and content. Authors are responsible for all concepts and information presented in the papers and reviews, which may not necessarily reflect the views of the Editors and Editorial Board.
- The abstract and keywords in Portuguese should be included in the indicated steps of the submission (first and second, respectively) process. Abstract and key words in English must be included in the body of the article, after the references. Each containing up to 200 words, they should highlight the main objective, the basic methods adopted, the most relevant results and main conclusions of the article (in the sections of original articles and theme only). Should be included 3-5 keywords in Portuguese and English. The full title of the article should also be translated as well as the short title. The Editors may revise or redo the translations.
- Pictures, figures or designs should be in tiff or jpeg format with a minimum resolution of 200 dpi, maximum size 12x15 cm, grayscale, with caption in Arial or Times New Roman 10. Tables and graphs tower can be produced in Word. Other types of graphs should be produced in Photoshop or Corel Draw. All illustrations should be in separate files and will be entered into the system in the sixth step of the submission process, indicated as "image", "figure" or "table", with their captions and numbering. In the text should be indication of where to insert each.
- Endnotes must be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals, after the references, with size 10 font. As succinctly as possible, endnotes must be exclusively explanatory. There is no limitation to the number of endnotes.
- References should be cited and organized following ABNT style (NBR 6023, issued August 2000). In the text, cite the author's last name and year of publication, followed by page number in citations. All cited references should be listed at the end of the paper in alphabetical order, according to the examples below. Authors are responsible for the exactness of the references and correct citation.
- Articles published in Physis are under a license Creative Commons Attribution 3.0. Articles are submitted and accepted for publication with the understanding that they represent original material, have not been published previously, are not under consideration elsewhere and all authors have granted permission for publication in Physis. To publish an article elsewhere after its publication in Physis, authors should mention the first publication in this journal. So the texts submitted to Physis should be followed by a "Statement of copyright transfer" (model provided by Physis), signed by the author(s), scanned and uploaded as supplementary document.
- Given the growth in the number of co-authors in many articles referred to Physis, there will be enough rigor in assessing the real contribution of each author. The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject articles whose authors do not provide satisfactory explanations about this item, especially in texts with four or more authors. The responsibilities of all the authors in the preparation of the article should be indicated in the "Statement of responsibility" (see model), as approved by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, which acknowledges the authorship based on substantial contribution related to: (1) design and design or analysis and interpretation of data; (2) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and (3) final approval of the version to be published. This statement must also be signed by the authors, scanned and sent as a supplementary document in the sixth step of the submission process. May be included an item of "Acknowledgements" to quote institutions that somehow enabled the research and / or people who collaborated with the study but did not meet the criteria for co-authoring.
- Upon publication of approved papers, and if requested by e-mail, one reprint is mailed free of charge to the corresponding author(s).
- Papers which do not comply with these guidelines will not be published, even if they have been approved on merit by the reviewers. The Editors reserve the right to ask authors to suit the articles to the standards above, or even withhold their publication. Any other observation should come in the field "Cover letter".
- Authors are responsible for all concepts and information presented in the papers and reviews.
- The Editorial Board will decide on how to proceed for particular cases.
Declaration of responsibility and copyright transfer (MODEL)
(To be sent in the sixth step of the submission process, indicated as "supplemental file not for review")
I (We) certify that I (we) participated of (1) conception and design or analysis and interpretation of data, (2) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content, and (3) final approval of the version to be published of the article/review ____________________.
The text is an unpublished work and has not been published in part or in full, or is being considered for publication elsewhere in print or electronic format.
In case of acceptance of this text by Physis: Journal of Public Health, I (we) agree that copyright related thereto shall become the exclusive property of the magazine and, in the case of reproduction, in whole or in part, in any form or means disclosure, printed or electronic, do I (we) include my thanks to the journal Physis and their claims.
PHYSIS - Revista de Saúde Coletiva
Instituto de Medicina Social - UERJ
Rua São Francisco Xavier, 524 - 7º andar, bl. D - Maracanã
20.550-013 - Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Phone.: (21) 2334-0504 branch 108 - Fax: (21) 2334-2152
References should be organized in accordance with the following examples
Books and brochures:
BIRMAN, J. Pensamento freudiano. Rio de Janeiro: J. Zahar, 1994. 204p.
ANÁLISE do desempenho hospitalar: III trimestre. Rio de Janeiro: CEPESC, 1987. 295 p.
LUZ, M. T. As conferências nacionais de saúde e as políticas de saúde da década de 80. In: GUIMARÃES, R. (Org.). Saúde e sociedade no Brasil: anos 80. Rio de Janeiro: Relume Dumará, 1994. p. 131-152.
Abstracts published in congress proceedings:
CONGRESSO BRASILEIRO DE EPIDEMIOLOGIA, 1., 1990, São Paulo. Anais... São Paulo: UNICAMP, 1990. 431p.
MENDONÇA, G. A. Câncer no Brasil: um risco crescente.
In: CONGRESSO BRASILEIRO DE EPIDEMIOLOGIA, 2., 1994, Belo Horizonte. Anais... Belo Horizonte: ABRASCO, 1994. p. 63-77.
Dissertations and theses:
CALDAS, C. P. Memória de velhos trabalhadores. 1993. 245 p. Dissertação (Mestrado em Saúde Coletiva) - Instituto de Medicina Social, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 1993.
CAMARGO JUNIOR, K. R. de. A construção da Aids. Racionalidade médica e estruturação das doenças. 1993. 229 p. Tese (Doutorado em Saúde Coletiva) - Instituto de Medicina Social, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 1993.
MARTINS, A. Novos paradigmas e saúde. Physis, Rio de Janeiro, v. 9, n. 1, p. 83-112, 1999.
PHYSIS: Revista de Saúde Coletiva. Rio de Janeiro: UERJ,IMS, 1992- . Semestral. ISSN 0103-7331.
SILVA, A. A. M. da; GOMES, U. A.; TONIAL, S. R. et al. Cobertura Vacinal e fatores de risco associados à não vacinação em localidade Urbana do nordeste brasileiro. Rev. Saúde Pública, São Paulo, v. 33, n. 2, p. 147-156, 1999.
SÁ, F. Praias resistem ao esgoto: correntes dispersam sujeiras, mas campanha de informação a turistas começa domingo. Jornal do Brasil,Rio de Janeiro, 15. abr. 1999. Primeiro caderno, Cidade, p.25.
BRASIL. Lei nº. 8.926, de 9 de agosto de 1994.Torna obrigatória a inclusão, nas bulas de medicamentos, de advertência e recomendações sobre o uso por pessoas de mais de 65 anos. Diário Oficial [da] República Federativa do Brasil, Brasília, DF, v. 132, n. 152, p. 12037, ago. 1994.Seção 1, pt.1.
SÃO PAULO (Estado). Decreto nº. 42.822, de 20 de janeiro de 1998. Dispõe sobre a desativação de unidades administrativas de órgãos da administração direta e das autarquias do Estado e dá providências correlatas. Lex-Coletânea de Legislação e Jurisprudência, São Paulo, v. 62, n. 3, p. 217-20, 1998.
Documents in electronic format:
REVENGE, S. J. The internet dictionary. Avon : Future, 1996. 98p.
Referência obtida via base de dados Biblio: CELEPAR, 1996. Disponível em: < http://www.celepar.br/celepar/celepar/biblio.biblio.html>. Acesso em: 12 jul. 1998.
ALEIJADINHO. In: ALMANAQUE abril: sua fonte de pesquisa. São Paulo: Abril, 1996. 1 CD-ROM.
MOURA, G. A. C. de. Citações e referências a documentos eletrônicos. Disponível em: < http://www.elogica.com.br/users/gmoura/refet >. Acesso em: 9 dez. 1996.
COSTA, M.Publicação eletrônica[mensagem pessoal]. Mensagem obtidapor <email@example.com> em 10 ago. 2001.