ISSN 2175-3563 on-line version
Scope and policy
I – Editorial Line and Selection Criteria
Psico-USF is a journal that aims at promoting the discussion on scientific production in the field of Psychology, allowing it more visibility. It is linked to the Graduate Program in Psychology at Universidade São Francisco since 1996. The purpose of the journal is to serve as a forum for the presentation and dissemination of current research in the field of Psychology and as a vehicle for knowledge dissemination for researchers, professionals, and others interested in the field. Manuscripts that report studies in fields related to Psychology will be considered for publication, including basic, experimental, applied, naturalistic, ethnographic, historical, and theoretical processes, policies analysis, and systematic synthesis of research, among others. Critical reviews of books, diagnostic instruments, and software will also be considered. In view of establishing an interchange between peers and those interested in Psychology, it has a blind peer review and it is published quarterly. Therefore, the contents do not reflect the position, opinion, or philosophy of the Graduate Program or those of the University. The journal’s copyrights belong to Universidade São Francisco, and copies are allowed only to authors for reproduction of their own material, previously authorized by the journal’s editor-in-chief. Transcriptions and translations are allowed, provided that they comply with the limit of 500 words and that the source is mentioned. Texts are published in Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
This is an open access journal, which means that all content is freely available at no charge for the users or their institutions. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or make available the link to the full texts of this journal’s articles without prior permission from the publisher or author. This is in line with the definition of open access by BOAI (Budapest Open Access Initiative).
II – Description of the types of collaborations accepted by the journal Psico-USF
Original works related to Psychology that fall into the following categories:
Ethical aspects in the editorial process
III – Editorial Norms
The Publication Norms of Psico-USF are based on the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association - APA/ 6th edition (2010) regarding the organization and presentation of the manuscript.
1. Selection of articles: the journal will assess the manuscript that falls into the categories described above, according to the initial analysis made by the editor. The analysis criteria refer to originality, relevance of the theme, and quality of the scientific methodology, as well as observation of the editorial standards adopted by the journal.
2. Unpublished work: Work submitted for publication at Psico-USF may not have been previously published, nor be under consideration by another journal. The manuscripts are subject to verification for plagiarism by a tool for plagiarism detection and verification for fraudulent data. Such detection will occur at the end of the editorial assessment process and, regardless of the results indicated in the opinions, in case of plagiarism, the manuscript will be immediately rejected and filed.
3. Authors: All authors must declare knowledge of the content presented in the article as well as confirm its veracity and substantial participation in the article writing process. Authors should make themselves available to make corrections of possible errors verified during the evaluation process of the submitted manuscript. The content and statements contained in the manuscripts are the authors’ sole responsibility. Authors are responsible for ensuring that there is no information in the article that can identify them. Ethical procedures for research with humans must be respected, including non-identification of research participants or institutions.
4. Peer review: Manuscripts submitted will be reviewed by the Editorial Board, which may request review by members of the Advisory Board or ad hoc reviewers, at their discretion, provided that there is no conflict of interests on the part of the reviewers. The review of the article is done with due respect for confidentiality, preserving the author(s) and the ad hoc reviewers identity. The opinions are objective, critical and constructive, aiming at better qualifying scientific information. The author(s) will receive a summary of the reviewers’ comments, which is the editor’s responsibility. The article can be accepted, accepted subject to changes, or rejected. In case of acceptance subject to changes, authors will receive notification of the suggested changes and the reformulated work must be sent online within the established deadline. The reformulated article will be reassessed by one of the reviewers to define whether it has complied with the feedback. In case of rejection with explicit justification, a resubmission is encouraged based on the recommendations of the review.
5. Editor: The editor declares no conflict of interest on the published or rejected articles and is responsible for the rejection or acceptance of articles. When some error is found, he or she will promote publications for correction and retraction.
6. Editorial Board: The editorial board is committed to following the ethical aspects of publication and in case of ethical complaint, it is responsible for investigating ethical misconduct allegations on matters related to the journal and for issuing retractions, corrections and clarifications. It is also committed to keep academic records and data about authors and reviewers and to investigate fraudulent or plagiarized content.
7. Copyrights: The copyrights of the published articles belong to Psico-USF. The total reproduction of the articles in other publications or for any other purpose requires written authorization from the editor of Psico-USF. People interested in partially reproducing the articles published in this journal (fragments no longer than 500 words, tables, figures and other illustrations) must have written permission from the author(s). Manuscripts submitted containing fragments of other publications must comply with the limits specified to guarantee originality of the submitted work. It is recommended that the authors avoid the reproduction of figures, tables and drawings from other publications and, if not possible, the manuscript will only be sent for analysis if accompanied by written authorization from the copyright owner of the original work for reproduction in Psycho-USF. Under no circumstances will Psico-USF or the authors cited in the works published in this journal transfer the rights thus obtained.
8. Open access: all articles published by Psico-USF are freely available to read, download and share on the website www.scielo.br/pusf. We emphasize that no fee is charged for submission, processing, and publication of the submitted manuscripts.
IV – Information for Preparation of Manuscripts
Formatting: articles must be typed double-spaced throughout (including references), using font Times New Roman, size 12, the number of pages must be appropriate to the category of the article, and pages must be numbered starting from the customized cover sheet (which will be numbered as page 1). Pages must be A4 size, with top and bottom margins of 2.5 cm and left and right with 3 cm.
The presentation of manuscripts must follow the following order:
V – Reference List
Start the reference section on a new page. Double-space must be used with no line spaces between entries. References should be listed in alphabetical order, by the authors’ surname, which should not be replaced by en dashes or em dashes. References should be arranged according to the guidelines established by the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association - APA/ 6th edition (2010). The examples given indicate how to organize the citations and references of the manuscript.
Examples of Citations in the text
Examples of References
VI – Manuscript Submission
Manuscripts should be submitted only through our online submission system in the following URL: http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/pusf/login.
Guide for Manuscript Submission
Submit to the manuscript to the editors using online submission system only: cover letter requesting publication of the article at Psico-USF, which may be replaced by text in the “comments” field provided in our online submission system, including the names of all authors; manuscript in Times New Roman 12, using a Word file. The redrafted version of the article, if any, must be sent by specified online system within the established deadline accompanied by a letter to the editor indicating the changes made due to the review or justifying, theoretically or methodologically, the maintenance of the original text.
The cover letter signed by the authors explaining the intention to submit or resubmit the manuscript for publication should accompany every article sent to the journal. The authors should certify that there has been consent from the people involved in the samples and that their privacy as well as the ethical procedures for research with humans have been respected. It is recommended that authors consider the APA’s ethical guidelines to direct the preparation of the manuscripts. It is necessary to explain that, if the article is accepted for publication, copyrights will be transferred to Psico-USF.
Submission of manuscripts
The manuscript for publication at Psico-USF should be submitted through the online submission system, at the following URL: http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/pusf/login.
E-mail for contact and queries: email@example.com
There are no submission or publication fees.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
End.: R. Waldemar César da Silveira, 105
Vl. Cura D'Ars (SWIFT), Campinas - São Paulo
Telefone: (19) 3779-3771