Aims and scope
Editorial Line and Selection Criteria
Psico-USF is a scientific journal that aims at promoting debate on the scientific production in Psychology. The journal has been linked to the Stricto Sensu Post Graduation Program in Psychology at USF (Universidade São Francisco) since 2000. The objective of the magazine is to function as a forum for the introduction and publication of current researches in Psychology and as a vehicle for the dissemination of knowledge among researchers, professionals and those interested in the subject. Works reporting studies in areas related to Psychology are also considered for publication, including basic, experimental, applied, naturalistic, ethnographic and historical processes, as well as, theoretical articles and the analysis of policies and systematic synthesis of researches. Critical book, software and diagnostic test reviews will also be considered for publication. Aiming at establishing an exchange among peers and those interested in Psychology, the magazine goes through a blind review process and is published every four months. As a consequence, the magazine does not reflect the position, opinion or philosophy of the Post Graduation program or the University itself. The Universidade São Francisco owns the copyrights of the publications in Psico-USF, and only the author is allowed to reproduce their own material after the approval of the magazine's editor. Transcriptions and translations are allowed as long as they respect the limit of 500 words and the source is properly mentioned. Texts will be published in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Description of the types of collaboration accepted by the journal Psico-USF
Original papers related to Psychology that fit into one of the following categories:
Preparation of Manuscripts
The publication format used by Psico-USF is based on the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association - APA/ 6th edition (2010) regarding the organization and presentation of the manuscript.
1. Selection of articles: the manuscript must fit into the categories described above, according to the initial analysis made by the editor, and must be submitted together with a letter addressed to the editor declaring that all the authors involved have approved the submission of the work for publication in Psico-USF. The criteria for analysis regard originality, relevance of the theme and the quality of the scientific methodology used, as well as the observation of the editorial guidelines used by the magazine.
2. Copyrights: The copyrights of the published articles belong to the magazine Psico-USF. The total reproduction of the articles in other publications, or any other purpose, is conditioned to the written authorization of the editor of Psico-USF. People interested in partially reproducing the articles published in this magazine - fragments no longer than 500 words - must have the written permission of the author(s). Manuscripts submitted containing fragments of other publications must also respect the limit in order to guarantee the originality of the submitted work. It is recommended that the author(s) avoid the reproduction of tables, figures and drawings of other publications and, if not possible, such reproduction must come accompanied by a written authorization of the original author for the publication in Psico-USF. Under no circumstance will Psico-USF or the authors publishing in the magazine make concessions of the copyrights obtained for the purpose previously mentioned.
3. A copy of the magazine will be sent to each author of a published article.
III. Format for the submission of manuscripts
Format: the articles must be typed in double space - including references - using font Times New Roman, size 12, and must not exceed 80 characters per line. The number of pages must be appropriate to the category the article belongs to, page numbers starting at the customized cover page (numbered as page 1). Pages must be A4 size, top and bottom margins with 2.5cm, left and right with 3cm.
The presentation of papers must follow the order:
1. Cover page without identification, only with:
2. Cover page with identification including:
3. Cover page with the Resumo, in Portuguese
4. Cover page with the Abstract, in English, compatible with the text in the Resumo
5. Cover page with Resumen, in Spanish, compatible with the text in the Resumo
6. Text Structure
10. Notes on the author(s): include a brief description (30-40 words) on the author(s) current activities and their background, including mailing and electronic addresses for eventual contact.
IV. Reference Lists
The bibliographical references must be presented in a new page. Double-space must be used and there must not be space left between the references. The references must be in alphabetical order of the last name of the author. References are asked to follow the style in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association - APA, 6th edition, 2010. The following examples show how to organize citations and references in the manuscript.
Examples of citation in the text
Two authors: cite both names whenever their work is referred to in the text, using "&", as in the example below, followed by the date in parenthesis.
Three to five authors: cite all the authors in the first reference, separated by coma and & between the last one and the one before, followed by the date of the study in parenthesis. From the second reference on, use the name of the first author followed by ad hoc and the date. For six or more authors: cite only the name of the first author followed by ad hoc and the date.
Citations of classical re-edited publications
The author must be cited as well as the dates of the original publication and the edition that was checked. For example: Freud (1911/1972).
Whenever an author cites an author already cited in a publication that was consulted, without the use of the original publication, the reference should be as follows: Lipowiski (1984, cited by Silva & Müller, 2007)...
The references should only bring works that were in fact consulted. For example: Silva, J. D. T., & Müller, M. C. (2007). Uma integração teórica entre psicossomática, stress e doenças crônicas de pele. Estudos de Psicologia (Campinas), 24(2), 247-256.
Examples of Reference
Article from a scientific journal:
Article from a scientific journal in press:
Instead of the date between parentheses, indicate "in press". Include the name of the journal italics after the title of the article. Do not mention date and volume, issue or page number until the article is published. In the text, mention the article and indicate in parenthesis that it is in press.
Book organized by an editor:
Chapter of a book:
Chapter or article from a multiple-volume series translated into Portuguese:
Books translated into Portuguese:
Unpublished work presented in congress:
Work presented in a congress with abstract published in the Congress Annals:
Classical publication reedited:
Unpublished thesis or dissertations:
Information from Internet website:
Articles found in electronic indexes:
Abstracts found in electronic indexes:
III. Guidelines for submission
The editors must be sent only by e-mail: (1) a letter requesting the publication of the work in Psico-USF; (2) file in Word format, Times New Roman 12. The reformulated version of the article, when necessary, must be sent by e-mail to the specified address within the deadline established accompanied by a letter either indicating the reformulations that have been made to attend to the editor's request or justifying theoretically or methodologically why the text has not been altered. The files must be send only by e-mail to email@example.com.
Every manuscript must be accompanied by an authorization letter signed by the author expressing the intention of submission or re-submission of the work for publication. The author submitting the paper must guarantee that all the other eventual authors involved have consented with the submission and that their privacy has been respected. As far as ethical procedures are concerned, the guidelines established in APA ethical guide are observed. We must highlight that, in case the article is accepted for publication, the copyrights will be passed on to Psico-USF.
Sending of manuscripts
Manuscripts should be submitted to:
There is no publication fee to submit or publish in Psico-USF
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Av. Alexandre Rodrigues Barbosa, 45 - Centro
CEP 13251-900 - Iataiba - São Paulo - Brasil
Tel.: 55 11 4534-8046
Fax: 55 11 4534-8046