The Revista de Administração Pública has open and free access to read and download of the papers.
The published papers are the sole responsibility of their authors. The opinions stated therein don’t necessarily express the viewpoint of the Getulio Vargas Foundation. Articles must be original, except for works published in proceedings of conferences.
The Journal uses the similarity verification software of content - plagiarism policy (iThenticate) in all papers submitted to the journal.
There is no fee for submission and evaluation articles.
The sections published in RAP
1. National or international papers (written in English, Portuguese or Spanish) and with an empirical-theoretical balance.
2. Thematic sections with separate "calls for papers".
3. Invited papers, notes and comments on contemporary themes.
Manuscripts' form and presentation
The manuscripts should be submitted according the rules below:
- word file in format .DOC submitted through the SciELO submission system;
- formatting text: double line spacing; font Times New Roman 12; margins (left, right, upper and lower) using 2,5 cm; paper size A4 (29,7 x 21 cm);
- the text should have between 4.000 and 8.000 words, including abstracts, key-words, tables, illustrations, notes, appendices and references;
- abstract in English, Portuguese and Spanish, maximum 10 lines each, titles and up to 5 key words in each language;
- In the text’s body or footnotes, there should be: last name of the author(s), year, and information on volume, chapter, page (if applicable).
- General Aspects:
Surname of one author: Silva (2004) or (Silva, 2004)
Surnames of two authors: Melo and Araújo (2007) or (Melo and Araújo, 2007)
Surnames of three authors: McCubbins, Noll, and Weingast (1987) or (McCubbins, Noll, and Weingast, 1987)
Surnames of more than three authors: Nunes and collaborators (2007) or (Nunes et al., 2007)
According Nunes and collaborators (2007:15), the rules of the sociological method...
The rules of the sociological method (Nunes et al., 2007:15) may be defined...
Quotes of different authors: (Mueller and Pereira, 2002; Correa et al., 2006); (Bresser-Pereira, 2005a, 2005b; Presidência da República, 1995); or ... Cf. Correa and collaborators (2006); Mueller (2002); Mueller and Pereira (2002); Pacheco (2003)
Quotes with indication of pages: ... According to Vianna (1997:13) or (Vianna, 1997:13)
* Don’t use space between the colon and the page number.
Attention for compiling the bibliography and indicating the date of materials cited throughout the text. Every reference cited in the text’s body should be included in the list of references presented at the end of the paper, and vice versa.
- Bibliographical references should follow the ABNT (Brazilian Association of Technical Norms NBR 6023:2002) and RAP Norms and be placed at the end of the text:
- Presentation way: use the author’s surname in full (in capitals) and the author’s first name (only the initial capital letter and the rest in lowercase): middle names should be abbreviated (in capital letters).
João Cabral de Melo Neto
MELO NETO, João C. de
Antonio Carlos Carneiro de Albuquerque
ALBUQUERQUE, Antonio Carlos C. de
DENZIN, Norman K. A note on emotionality, self and interaction. The American Journal of Sociology, v. 89, p. 402-409, 1983.
LOCK, Andrew; HARRIS, Phil. Political marketing — vive la difference! European Journal of Marketing, v. 30, n. 10-11, p. 14-24, 1996.
BRITO, Eliane P. Z. et al. A relação entre aglomeração produtiva e crescimento: a aplicação de um modelo multinível ao setor industrial paulista. Revista de Administração Contemporânea, v. 14, n. 4, p. 615-632, ago. 2010.
ALBUQUERQUE, Antonio C. C. Terceiro setor: história e gestão de organizações. São Paulo: Summus, 2006.
GRANDI, Rodolfo; MARINS, Alexandre; FALCÃO, Eduardo (Org.). Voto é marketing... o resto é política. São Paulo: Loyola, 1992.
ALDÉ, Alessandra. A construção da política: cidadão comum, mídia e atitude política. Tese (doutorado) — Instituto Universitário de Pesquisas do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 2001.
HOLANDA, Antônio N. C. Avaliação de políticas públicas: conceitos básicos, o caso do ProInfo e a experiência brasileira. In: CONGRESSO INTERNACIONAL DEL CLAD SOBRE LA REFORMA DEL ESTADO Y DE LA ADMINISTRACIÓN PÚBLICA, 8., 2003, Panamá. Anais... Panamá: Clad, 2003. p. 28-31.
ADAMI, Thiago H. M.; REIS, Paulo R. C. Avaliação de políticas públicas de recursos hídricos: o caso do Projeto de Irrigação Gorutuba — MG. In: ENANPAD, 32., 2008, Rio de Janeiro. Anais... Rio de Janeiro: Anpad, 2008. p. 1-16.
Conferences and Meetings:
ALMEIDA, Antônio J. F. S. de. Evolução de imagem e marketing nos 18 meses de governo Lula. In: ENCONTRO NACIONAL DA ANPOCS, XVIII, 2004, Caxambu.
SOARES, Sergei; PIANTO, Donald M. Metodologia e resultados da avaliação do programa de erradicação do trabalho infantil. Rio de Janeiro: Ipea, 2003. (Texto para Discussão n. 994). Available in: <www.ipea.gov.br/portal/images/stories/PDFs/TDs/td_0994.pdf>. Acessed on: 13rd Oct. 2010.
IBGE. Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística. Área territorial oficial. Available in: <www.ibge.com.br/home/geociencias/areaterritorial/principal.shtm>. Acessed on: 10th Oct. 2009.
- the illustrations: their identification should be on top, preceded by the term designated (figure, table, box, graph, map, image, and others), followed by the number of occurrence in the text, in Arabic numerals, dash, and the respective title. At the illustration bottom, indicate the source consulted (mandatory element, even if it’s by the author himself), legend, notes, and other information needed for its understanding (if any). The illustration should be cited in the text.
The definition of illustration should be high quality for viewing and reading as well as the font size used. RAP is printed in monocolor (black), then, the colored illustrations should be modified for viewing in black and gray tones.
- Authors already registered in the SciELO platform for RAP or any other journal do not need to create a new login and password to submit the paper;
- Each author may only submit two papers per year, independently of their position on the list of authors.
- Number of authors: the maximum number of authors per article is 5; no alterations to authorship are permitted (inclusion or substitution) after desk review and double blind review phases.
The lead author should submit two separate texts at the moment of submission - the paper itself and a supplementary document as follows:
- The supplementary document should contain the title, the full name(s) of the author(s) along with the academic qualification(s), institutional(s) affiliation, current(s) position, full correspondence address and e-mail;
- When the paper is the result of various authors, these should be listed in order of contribution, with the principle author in first place. In the case where another form of ordering has been adopted, this should be explained in the supplementary text. If the text, or an earlier version, has been presented at a seminar, conference or other event this should also be mentioned, including also if it has been published in any conference proceedings (note: publication of earlier versions in conference proceedings is a perfectly acceptable academic practice);
- At the end of the supplementary text, the author(s) should include a brief comment of at the most 10 lines in the language of the text pointing out the principle contributions of the text to the theme or question in focus.
- The text of the paper should begin with the Title (English, Portuguese, Spanish), abstract and key-words in the corresponding languages, without any identification of the author(s). In addition, any direct or indirect identification of the author(s) along the text should also be avoided. (See the recommendations of the SciELO platform submissions);
Please remember that all papers must be submitted through the SciELO platform system of submission
The journal will not accept papers sent by other means.