0034-7612 printed version
Scope and policy
Area of Interest of the Publication
The journal seeks articles that establish or follow, analytically, the agenda of contemporary themes of public action, bringing together evolving conceptual frameworks and the practical demands of everyday public action. It seeks to place itself at the leading edge of national, regional and international debates, especially in the critical areas of the transformation of the state and its relationships with society. After a short period during which it also accepted articles in the area of business administration, the journal has now returned to its original vocation: public administration in the widest sense. In doing so, it sees the discussion of public action extending its horizons to include other actors from civil society and the business sector and intends to assume an active role - both empirical and theoretical - in the debate of current social, political, cultural and economic themes.
The journal accepts contributions from all academic areas that are concerned with the effectiveness and equity of public action, including public administration; development studies; human, social political sciences; organizational and third sector studies; social administration and public policy.
Researchers, teachers, public sector managers and social and political actors concerned with the effectiveness and equity of public action.
Double Blind Review Evaluation
All articles submitted to the journal must be unpublished (national and international) and not currently under consideration for publishing elsewhere. The journal follows the policy directives of the National Research Council's Commission for Research Integrity (CNPq 07/10/2011). All the articles submitted are initially read by the editor and associate editors in a desk review, which will consider its relevance to the interest and scope of the journal. At this stage they will reject - without providing details - those articles that are not close to the theoretical and empirical frontiers of the broad public agenda or that do not respect the principles and basic orientations of responsible academic communication. At the next stage, two evaluations will be carried under double blind review and comments made on the articles suitability and possibilities for improvement. This stage could involve a number of re-evaluations with the objective of strengthening the arguments and contributions of the text. In cases where there is no consensus between evaluators, a third evaluation will be made. After approval by the scientific team, the article will go through a process of copy editing, including verification of bibliography, language and other norms. This may involve further clarification by the author(s). Following this the final version will be sent to the author(s) for formal approval after which no further modification will be accepted. The articles will be published both in printed form by the FGV Press and in electronic form by the SciELO.
Flowchart of the editorial process
Manuscripts' form and presentation
The published papers are the sole responsibility of their authors. The opinions stated therein don't necessarily express the viewpoint of the Getulio Vargas Foundation.
The sections published in RAP
The manuscripts should be submitted according the rules below:
- word file in format .DOC submitted through the SciELO submission system;
- formatting text: double line spacing; font Times New Roman 12; margins (left, right, upper and lower) using 2,5 cm; paper size A4 (29,7 x 21 cm);
- the text should have between 7.000 and 9.000 words (maximum of 40 pages) including, abstracts, key-words, tables, illustrations, notes, appendices and references;
- abstract in English, Portuguese and Spanish, maximum 10 lines each, titles and up to 5 key words in each language;
Attention for compiling the bibliography and indicating the date of materials cited throughout the text. Every reference cited in the text's body should be included in the list of references presented at the end of the paper, and vice versa.
- Bibliographical references should follow the ABNT (Brazilian Association of Technical Norms NBR 6023:2002) and RAP Norms and be placed at the end of the text:
DENZIN, Norman K. A note on emotionality, self and interaction. The American Journal of Sociology, v. 89, p. 402-409, 1983.
LOCK, Andrew; HARRIS, Phil. Political marketing - vive la difference! European Journal of Marketing, v. 30, n. 10-11, p. 14-24, 1996.
BRITO, Eliane P.Z. et al. A relação entre aglomeração produtiva e crescimento: a aplicação de um modelo multinível ao setor industrial paulista. Revista de Administração Contemporânea, v. 14, n. 4, p. 615-632, ago. 2010.
ALBUQUERQUE, Antonio C.C. Terceiro setor: história e gestão de organizações. São Paulo: Summus, 2006.
GRANDI, Rodolfo; MARINS, Alexandre; FALCÃO, Eduardo (Org.). Voto é marketing... o resto é política. São Paulo: Edições Loyola, 1992.
ALDÉ, Alessandra. A construção da política: cidadão comum, mídia e atitude política. Tese (doutorado) - Instituto Universitário de Pesquisas do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 2001.
HOLANDA, Antônio N.C. Avaliação de políticas públicas: conceitos básicos, o caso do ProInfo e a experiência brasileira. In: CONGRESSO INTERNACIONAL DEL CLAD SOBRE LA REFORMA DEL ESTADO Y DE LA ADMINISTRACIÓN PÚBLICA, 8., 2003, Panamá. Anais... Panamá: Clad, 2003. p. 28-31.
ADAMI, Thiago, H.M.; REIS, Paulo, R.C. Avaliação de políticas públicas de recursos hídricos: o caso do Projeto de Irrigação Gorutuba - MG. In: ENANPAD, 32., 2008, Rio de Janeiro. Anais... Rio de Janeiro: Anpad, 2008. p. 1-16.
Conferences and Meetings:
ALMEIDA, Antônio J.F.S. de. Evolução de imagem e marketing nos 18 meses de governo Lula. In: ENCONTRO NACIONAL DA ANPOCS, XVIII, 2004, Caxambu.
SOARES, Sergei; PIANTO, Donald M. Metodologia e resultados da avaliação do programa de erradicação do trabalho infantil. Rio de Janeiro: Ipea, 2003. (Texto para Discussão n. 994). Available in: <www.ipea.gov.br/portal/images/stories/PDFs/TDs/td_0994.pdf>. Acessed on: 13rd Oct. 2010.
IBGE. Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística. Área territorial oficial. Available in: <www.ibge.com.br/home/geociencias/areaterritorial/principal.shtm>. Acessed on: 10th Oct. 2009.
- the illustrations: their identification should be on top, preceded by the term designated (figure, table, box, graph, map, image, and others), followed by the number of occurrence in the text, in Arabic numerals, dash, and the respective title. At the illustration bottom, indicate the source consulted (mandatory element, even if it's by the author himself), legend, notes, and other information needed for its understanding (if any). The illustration should be cited in the text. The definition of illustration should be high quality for viewing and reading as well as the font size used. RAP is printed in monocolor (black), then, the colored illustrations should be modified for viewing in black and gray tones.
- Authors already registered in the SciELO platform for RAP or any other journal do not need to create a new login and password to submit the paper;
- Each author may only submit two papers per year, independently of their position on the list of authors.
The lead author should submit two separate texts at the moment of submission - the paper itself and a supplementary document as follows:
- The supplementary document should contain the title, the full name(s) of the author(s) along with the academic qualification(s), institutional(s) affiliation, current(s) position, full correspondence address and e-mail;
- When the paper is the result of various authors, these should be listed in order of contribution, with the principle author in first place. In the case where another form of ordering has been adopted, this should be explained in the supplementary text. If the text, or an earlier version, has been presented at a seminar, conference or other event this should also be mentioned, including also if it has been published in any conference proceedings (note: publication of earlier versions in conference proceedings is a perfectly acceptable academic practice);
- At the end of the supplementary text, the author(s) should include a brief comment of at the most 10 lines in the language of the text pointing out the principle contributions of the text to the theme or question in focus.
- The text of the paper should begin with the Title (English, Portuguese, Spanish), abstract and key-words in the corresponding languages, without any identification of the author(s). In addition, any direct or indirect identification of the author(s) along the text should also be avoided. (See the recommendations of the SciELO platform submissions);
Please remember that all papers must be submitted through the SciELO platform system of submission (http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/rap/login).
The journal will not accept papers sent by other means.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Fundação Getulio Vargas
Rua Praia de Botafogo - 190/ 5º andar
22250-900 - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brasil
Tel.: +55 21 2559-5775
Fax.: +55 21 2553-8832