Scope and policy
The publication of the Revista Brasileira de Ciência Avícola is coordinated by the Publishing Committee of FACTA (Fundação APINCO de Ciências e Tecnologia Avícolas). All published research data and conclusions are of authors' full responsibility.
The Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science is published four times a year and publishes only original research material relevant to the field of poultry science. Considered subject areas include: Biochemistry and cellular biology; construction, environment and welfare; exotic and wild birds; hysbandry and management; immunology, avian disease control; layer and quail management; nutrition and feeding; physiology, genetics, reproduction and hatching; technology, processing and food safety.
The journal´s main objective is to publish complete scientific and technical papers as well as literature reviews in the area of poultry science written by researchers and poultry science specialists. Authors wishing to submit a literature review, guest editorial or technical review should contact the journal´s editor.
All manuscripts must be submitted in English and will be evaluated in a totally confidential and impartial way.
Submission of a manuscript to the Revista Brasileira de Ciência Avícola implies that:
The manuscript and other correspondence should be sent preferentially by e-mail: email@example.com
Full length scientific articles
The manuscript should contain the results of original research which
contributes in a relevant way to the development of poultry science. If
part of the results has been published previously as a summary or short
paper in scientific events, this must be stated. Priority will be given
to manuscripts presenting new concepts, methodologies or innovative experimental
Short communications and Case Reports
Short communications and Case Reports should have the same layout as
full length papers, including the headings (Introduction, Abstract, Material
Technical articles should present the development of new methodologies and/or techniques that can be applied to improve poultry production. These should follow the editorial norms including all sections of the full length scientific articles.
Guest Editorials and Invited Reviews
Guest Editorials and Invited Reviews will be published by invitation only. The reviews should follow the editorial norms of the full length scientific article without the sub-items of Material and Methods, Results and Discussion.
Presentation of the articles
1. Format: each original manuscripts must be properly identified by the title and the name(s) of the author(s). It should be typed in Times New Roman (font sizes: 16pt for the title, 14pt for the section headings in the body of the text, and 12pt for the main text), double spaced, in A4 format (21,0 x 29,7cm), 2cm margins. Consecutive numbering of pages and of lines (numbered consecutively throughout the manuscript) of the main text are required. The manuscript should be saved in a .doc format, (file written with Microsoft Word for Windows®) or compatible text editor format. Only official and well known nomenclature is accepted. Abbreviations in the title are not allowed.
2. Cover Page: all manuscripts should have a cover page with the title, complete name(s) of the author(s) and institution of origin. A footnote mentioning the complete address (e-mail is essential) of the author to whom correspondence should be addressed must also be included.
3. Tables must be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in the text. Tables must have a descriptive title. All explanatory information should be given in a note immediately below the table. All abbreviations must be defined in this note, even if they are explained in the text. Tables must be understandable without referring to the text.
4. Illustrations (photographs, graphs, drawings) must be numbered
consecutively with Arabic numerals. All illustrations should be submitted
in the same document but on separate pages, which should include the title
of the article, name(s) of the author(s) and indication of the part of
the text where they should appear.
5. Units: the International Metric System must be used for units and abbreviations.
6. References should be arranged in alphabetic order by the author's
last name. The complete title of sources should be mentioned. All authors
of each article must be cited.
Bakst MR, Gupta K, Akuffo V. Comparative development of the turkey and chicken embryo from cleavage through hypoblast formation. Poultry Science 1997; 76(1):83-90.
Bouzoubaa K, Nagaraja KV. Epidemiological studies on the incidence of salmonellosis in chicken breeder/hatchery operations in Marocco. In: Snoeyenbos GH, editor. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Salmonella;1984; Kenneth Square,PA: American Association Avian Pathologists; 1985. p.337.
Briceno WNO, Guimarães FCR, Cruz FGG. Efeitos da densidade populacional de frangos de corte em época quente no município de Manaus. In: 10o Congresso Brasileiro de Avicultura; 1987; Natal, Rio Grande do Norte. Brasil. p. 131-2.
Gabriel JE. Efeitos do nível energético da ração e do estresse térmico na expressão da proteína de choque térmico Hsp70 e nos níveis do seu mRNA no fígado de frangos de corte em diferentes estágios de desenvolvimento. [Dissertation]. Jaboticabal (SP): Universidade Estadual Paulista; 1996.
Ginsburg M. Primordial germ cell development in avians. Poultry Science 1997; 76(1):91-5.
Simon VA, Oliveira C. Vacinação em avicultura através da água de bebida. In: Macari M, editor. Água na avicultura industrial. Jaboticabal: Funep-Unesp; 1996. p. 73-85.
Summers JD, Leeson S. Commercial poultry nutrition. 2 ed. New York; N.Y
/ State Manual Book & Periodical Services; 1997.
7. Quotations in the text: state the last name of the author followed
by the year in parenthesis. In the case of two authors both should be
stated. In the case of more than two authors the quotation should be given
by the last name of the first author followed by the expression et al.
8. Scientific names of microorganisms: must follow Berg´s Manual recommendations.
9. Fees: publication fees vary from US$30.00 to US$ 50.00 per edited page, depending on the type of revision made and whether the author is a subscriber of the Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science. Only Credit Card payment will be accepted from foreign authors.
10. Manuscript Proof: A proof will be sent to the corresponding author, who should be identified on the cover page of the manuscript. The corrected proof should be returned within three days, preferably by fax. The Editor reserves the right to forward the manuscript to press without submitting the final proof to the author. The Editor shall not be hold responsible for any mistakes shown in the final publication.
11. Copyright: it is a condition of publication that the authors transfer copyrights of submitted article to FACTA. Authors may use the article after the publication without prior permission from FACTA, provided that acknowledgement is given to the journal as its original source of publication. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce in the text copyright material from other sources.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the contents of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License
Av. Andrade Neves, 2501 - Castelo
13070-002 Campinas SP Brasil
Tel.: (55 19) 3243-6555
Fax.: (55 19) 3243-8542