Scope and Mission
The Brazilian Journal of Medical Education is the official publication of the Brazilian Association of Medical Education - ABEM. The mission of this quarterly journal is publishing debates, analyses and results of investigations into issues considered relevant for medical education. The journal accepts articles in Portuguese, English or Spanish language.
Submission of Manuscripts
Online Submission of Manuscripts
Manuscripts are received exclusively online, at https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/rbem-scielo. The attached files should be prepared using MS Word, page format ISO A4, font Arial size 11, space between lines 1.5, left, right, superior and inferior margins 2.0 cm and all pages sequentially numbered.
Footnotes are not accepted. Tables and illustrations should be self-explanatory and submitted in individual files. Questionnaires and other research tools will not be published.
There is a R$200.00 charge for submission of manuscripts. Members of the Associação Brasileira de Educação Médica (ABEM) with their membership fee payments up to date are exempt from the submission charge.
The payment must be made by deposit identified with the author of the CPF to the following account:
ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE EDUCAÇÃO MÉDICA
Evaluation of papers
In case modifications in the manuscript are requested, these can be prepared within a 60-day period. If by the end of this period no communication of the authors has been received, the manuscript is considered withdrawn. Accepted articles are submitted for proofreading. To cover the costs of the proofreading in Portuguese and English (abstract), executed by specialized proofreaders hired by the magazine, an R$800.00 fee will be charged. If the author wishes to publish his entire article in English a fee of R$1,500.00 will be charged for the translation. If the article is already submitted in English, an R$800.00 fee will be charged for the proofreading. The revised articles are returned to the authors for formal final approval before going to print.
1. Original articles: (the text should not exceed 6.000 words including References; tables, graphs, cover-page, abstract and key words are not included in the word count).
Articles accepted for publication become the property journal.
Preparation of manuscripts
- Title of the paper in original language and in English (30 words) and running title to be printed on the top of each page (15 words maximum).
- Number and Names of authors - the names of the authors will be published following the order they appear in the submitted file and must not have more than 6 (six) authors. Should there be a need to exceed this limit, then this must be justified at the start of the paper. Papers with more than one author must contain an explanation about the specific contribution of each author in the work.
- Full mailing address of the authors, academic title, place of work and E-mail address. Only the data of the first author will be published.
- Abstract with a minimum of 300 words and maximum of 500 words in Portuguese and English. Texts written in Spanish should include an abstract in English.
- Keywords: minimum 3 and maximum 8 according to the DECS vocabulary in Portuguese (available athttp://decs.bvs.br/) and to the MESH vocabulary (Medical Subject Headings) for the abstracts in English language (available at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/meshhome.html).
Statement of Authorship and Responsibility
All individuals named as authors must take legal responsibility for authorship of the manuscripts and must have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for its contents. To this end, once the paper is approved, they must forward by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following Declaration of Authorship and Responsibility:
"As a named author I hereby declare to have participated sufficiently in the conception and design of this study and/or in the analysis and interpretation of the data for taking public responsibility for its contents. I have received the final version of this work and agreed to its submission for publication. The work in its present or a similar form has not been published elsewhere, nor is it currently under consideration for another publication."
Authors of investigations that started after January 1997 involving human subjects have to submit clearance of the project by the respective institutional Ethics Commission, according to article 2. II of Ruling 196/96 of the Brazilian National Health Council (…"research involving human subjects, individually or collectively, directly or indirectly, as a whole or parts, including the handling of information or material…").
In the case of institutions with no in-house ethical committee, authors are invited to attach the written clearance of the Committee that approved the research project.
Conflicts of Interest:Every text submitted must state information about any conflict of interest of any of the named authors. Please note that financial conflicts do not only refer to direct financial support for the investigation but also extend to employment relations, for example. (For more details please refer to the website of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors http://www.icmje.org/#conflicts)
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
SCN - QD 02 - BL D - Torre A - Salas 1021 e 1023 | Asa Norte
Brasília | DF | CEP: 70712-903
Tel: (61) 3024-9978 / 3024-8013