Form and preparation of manuscripts
1.The Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura (RBF) publishes technical articles and scientific communications in the area of fruit crops, referring to results of original searches and unpublished papers in Portuguese, Spanish or English, and 1 or 2 reviews per edition, of invited authors.
2.All the authors must sign the work’s letters direction mentioning the following: “THE AUTHORS DECLARE THAT THEIR REFERRED WORK HAS NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED, OR DIRECTED FOR PUBLICATION IN OTHER JOURNAL AND THEY AGREE WITH THE SUBMISSION AND TRANSFERING THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICATION OF THE REFERRED ARTICLE FOR THE RBF JOURNAL”. Works submitted as article will not be judged or published as Scientific Communication and vice-versa.
3. Papers may have a maximum of 6 (six) authors and must be submitted in full with the name of the author (s) without abbreviations and footnotes to our file; size A4 (210 x 297 mm), numbering lines and pages, 2 cm margins, one-and-a-half space, Times New Roman font, in size 13. The text should be written in sequence, separating only the items as Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgments and References, Tables and Figures on separate sheets, at the end of the article after References.
b) • R $ 100,00 per DIAGRAMMED PAGE for members (FIRST / SECOND AUTHOR SHOULD BE A MEMBER)- Join SBF: http://www.fruticultura.org/associe-se
d) The payment must be made by DEPOSIT at Banco do Brasil, agency No. 0269-0 and account No. 8356-9 (send a copy of the receipt by e-mail, or send as a supplementary document), CNPJ: 51.8713960 / 0001- 68.
e) Submission on line: *ScIELO ScholarOne: https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/rbf-scielo
g) E-mail for questions and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
4) Articles must be organized in: Title, Full Names of Authors (without abbreviations and separated by commas, and in the case of two authors, separated by &), and in the first page footnote should include the professional qualification of each author, position followed by the Institution belonging to it, E-MAIL OF ALL AUTHORS (essential) and mentions of financial support; Abstract (including Indexing Terms), Title, Abstract (including Index Terms), Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgments (optional), References, Tables and Figures (see standards for tables and figures). The work must be submitted to the correction of Portuguese and English, by qualified professionals, before being referred to RBF.
5) Scientific Communications should have a simpler structure with 8 pages, plain text, without highlighting the items (Introduction, Material, Results and Conclusions), except References.
6) The captions of the figures and tables should be self-explanatory and concise. Legends. symbols, equations, tables, etc. should be of a size that allows perfect legibility, even in a 50% reduction in the final print of the journal; the key of conventions adopted should be included in the area of Figure; the placement of title in the Figure should be avoided, if this may be part of the legend; photographs should be of good quality.
7) In Tables, vertical lines should be avoided and horizontal should be used, only for the separation of the header and the end of lines, avoiding the use of double lines.
REFERENCE STANDARDS (ABNT NRB 6023, Aug. 2002)
• When authors are out of parentheses, it should be cited with lowercase letters;
AUTHOR (S). Title of the article. The periodical's title, local, volume, number, pagination beginning-end, date.
PERIODICALS IN THE INTERNET
AUTHOR (S). Article title. Title of Periodical, place of publication, v., n. P., year. CD-ROM
BOOK IN THE INTERNET
AUTHOR(S). Title. Edition (abbreviated). Local: Company, year. Page CD-ROM
EVENTS IN THE INTERNET
CHART - Microsoft Word 97 or superior version; Source: Times New Roman, size 12; Paragraph / spacing: simple; Chart width: 10 or 20.6 cm; title or footnote should be typed in MS Word.
GRAPHIC - Microsoft Excel / Word 97 or superior version; Source: Times New Roman, Size: 12; Paragraph / spacing: simple; Chart width: 10 or 20.6 cm; In addition to being included in the FINAL of the ARTICLE, the graphic file should be sent separately, as an image (in the jpg, tif or gif extension with 300 dpi resolution). In the case of a figure with 2,4,6 or more charts / figures, these should be sent in a single file, preferably saved in jpg. The title or footnotes should be typed in MS Word.
PICTURES - All pictures should be with 300 dpi resolution in jpg , jpeg, tif or gif file extension; In addition to bein in the body of the paper; pictures should be sent in separated file. The title or footnotes should be printed in MS Word.
Figure or images created by other programs - Images created by other programs that are not from Microsoft Office should be with 300 dpi resolution with tif or gif; extension, width: 10 or 20.6 cm. The title or footnotes should be printed in MS Word.
[Home][About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
© 2002-2007 Sociedade Brasileira de Fruticultura
Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura
Via de Acesso Prof. Paulo Donato Castellane, s/n
14884-900 Jaboticabal SP Brazil
Tel.: +55 16 3209-7188 / 3209-7609