Form and preparation of manuscripts
1.The Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura (RBF) publishes technical articles and scientific communications in fruit crops area, referring to results of originals searches and unpublished paper in Portuguese, Spanish or English, and 1 or 2 reviews per edition, of invited authors.
2.All the authors must sign the letter direction mentioning that: “THE AUTHORS DECLARE THAT THEIR REFERRED ARTICLE WAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED PREVIOUSLY, OR DIRECTED FOR PUBLICATION IN OTHER MAGAZINE AND THEY AGREE WITH THE SUBMISSION AND TRANSFERING THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICATION OF THE REFERRED ARTICLE FOR THE RBF MAGAZINE”. Researches submitted as article will not be judged or published as Scientific Communication and vice-versa.
3. The RFB publish their articles by SciELO platform, entirely in English, and the same will be available in the Portuguese edition via CD Rom for partners of SBF.
4. The articles can have a maximum of six authors and should be sent in one copy (one complete copy with the name (s) of the author (s) without abbreviations and footnotes for our files; on paper size A4 (210 x 297mm), lines and pages numbered, 2 cm margins, space between lines of one and a half, Times New Roman font , size 13 and printed on one side of the paper. The text should be written direct, separating only items such as Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgments and References, the Tables and Figures on separate sheets at the end of the article after the References.
a. Once published, the paper could be transcribed, partially or totally, by citation of the RBF exclusively in this format: Name (s) of the author (s), title of the article, complete name of the magazine(Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura), Jaboticabal (city), the volume number, pagination and year. The views and opinions expressed in the articles are exclusive responsibility of the author (s).
8.The articles should be organized in Title, FULL names of the Authors (without abbreviations and separated by comma and when two authors separated by &), and in the footnotes of the first page should contain the qualification of each author, followed by which institution belongs, address (optional) E-MAIL OF ALL AUTHORS (essential) and mention of the financial support; Abstract (including Index terms), Title in English, Abstract in English (including Index terms),Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgements (optional), References, Tables and Figures (see rules for tables and figures). The paper must be submitted to Portuguese and English correction by qualified professionals before being sent to the RBF.
9. The Scientific Communication should have simple structure (eight pages) with a direct text, without detaching the items (Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Conclusion), except References.
10. The Legends of the pictures and the charts should be self explicative and concise. In the case of PRINTED Article the Figures to be printed in color will have an additional charge of R$500,00 per page where they appear (per printed page). Legends, symbols, equations, tables, etc. should have such a size which could be legible even after a reduction of about 50%, the key of the adopted conventions should be included in the area of the Figure; the title placement in the Figure should be avoided if it can be part of the legend; photographs should be of good quality.
11. In the tables should be avoided vertical lines and use horizontal lines only to separate head and the end of the table avoiding double lines.
REFERENCE STANDARDS (ABNT NRB 6023, Aug. 2002)
The authors of citations in the text should be compiled in the following format:
The references at the end of the text should be presented in alphabetical order in the following formats:
AUTHOR (S). (must contain the names of all the authors and do not use et al.),Title of the article. The periodical’s title, local, volume, number, pagination, date.
→ IN CASE OF CITATION BE FROM THE RBF, obey the full standardization below:
PERIODICALS IN THE INTERNET
AUTHOR (S).Title of the article .The periodical’s title, city, volume, number, pagination, year.
BOOK IN THE INTERNET
AUTHOR(S). Title. Edition (abbreviated). Local: Company, year. Page CD-ROM
EVENTS IN THE INTERNET
14. PATTERNS FOR CHART AND PICTURE
CHART – Microsoft Word 97 or superior version; Source: Times New Roman, size 12; Paragraph /spacing: simple; Chart width: 10 or 20,6 cm; title or footnote should be typed in MS Word.
GRAPHIC – Microsoft Excel / Word 97 or superior version; Source: Times New Roman, Size: 12; Paragraph / spacing: simple; Chart width: 10 or 20,6 cm; Besides the graphic is joined in the end of the paper it should be sent separately, as image (in the extension jpg, tif or gif with 300 dpi of resolution). In the case of a figure with 2,4,6 or more charts / figures, these should be sent in a single file, preferably saved in jpg. The title or the footnotes should be typed in MS Word.
PICTURES – All pictures should be with 300dpi of resolution in an extension file : jpg , jpeg, tif or gif; Besides being in the body of the paper; the pictures should de in separated file. The title or the footnotes should be printed in the MS Word.
Figure or images created by other programs – The images created by other programs that are not from Microsoft Office should be with 300 dpi in the extension: jpg, tif or gif; width: 10 or 20,6 cm. The title or footnotes should be printed in the MS Word.
Double blind peer review
"The articles will be evaluated by at least by three consultants from their research area of knowledge, educational and /or research institutions, national and international, of demonstrated scientific production. After the corrections and possible suggestions, the article will be accepted if it has favorable opinions and the Editorial Board judge appropriate, and it will be disregarded advices without contribution. For example: "the article is good, publish as it is". Those advisors will be excluded from the RBF body of evaluators. If you have a doctorate degree, we have a place in the team of advisers; please contact us by the email: email@example.com".
The Journal adopts Ithenticate system for identifying plagiarism.
[Home][About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
© 2002-2007 Sociedade Brasileira de Fruticultura
Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura
Via de Acesso Prof. Paulo Donato Castellane, s/n
14884-900 Jaboticabal SP Brazil
Tel.: +55 16 3209-7188 / 3209-7609