ISSN 1676-0786 printed version
Scope and editorial policy
All articles submitted to RBLA are subject to double or triple-blind peer review after the editors’ pre-analysis in the light of RBLA mission and guidelines.
Only the manuscript approved by two reviewers is considered for publishing with the proviso that the author makes the recommended corrections and modifications.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
1. The intellectual content of the paper is the responsibility of the authors. The Editors assume no responsibility for opinions and statements of authors.
2. By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright for their article is transferred to RBLA upon acceptance for publication.
3. The titles and the abstracts (10 lines maximum each), along with their respective key words, must be written in both Portuguese and English.
4. Submitted papers should have a maximum of 10,000 words (including references, notes and tables) and be written in size 12 Times New Roman, size 12.
5. Priority will be given to papers that introduce actual research results bringing new contributions to the field of Applied Linguistics.
6. Previously published tables and illustrations should include their original sources.
7. Notes should be inserted as footnotes.
8. References should follow ABNT conventions (see examples below).
9. Review papers should be preceded by the complete bibliographical reference of the book under review followed by the reviewer's name and institution.
10. All submissions must be anonymous, with no obvious references to identify the author(s).11. The papers must be accompanied by a supplementary document containing:
12. In cases where the author(s) cite their own papers, the identifications must be replaced by XXX in the references and in the text. Complete references must be submitted in the supplementary document.13. The papers must be submitted through the Journals webpage of the School of Letters of the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), available at http://www.periodicos.letras.ufmg.br/index.php/rbla.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The Revista Brasileira de Linguística Aplicada does not accept any kind of unethical behavior and does not tolerate any form of plagiarism. All manuscripts should be accompanied by a signed statement that the article is original and has not been published in another journal or book, nor is it being considered for publication elsewhere. Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the research design, data interpretation and development of the article. All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be listed in an acknowledgments section. Authors must have permission from research participants to disclose data produced by them even when anonymity is granted. Articles which originate from thesis and dissertations must make it explicit in order to avoid self-plagiarism. Supervisors must not be included as co-authors in order to obey Brazilian copywriting legislation (Law 9.610, Feb. 19, 1998. Art. 15: § 1º). Supervisors’ names should appear in a footnote on the first page. Articles submitted to the journal will be treated as confidential documents. The editors coordinate the blind review process and the submitted articles will be sent to reviewers from different institutions.
Send of manuscripts
Contributions, in Portuguese, English or Spanish, should be done by sending the complete paper as an attached file to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission email message should contain the title of the paper, the author’s name, institution affiliation, email address and correspondence address.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - Faculdade de Letras
Gabinete 4036 - 4º andar
Av. Antônio Carlos, 6627, Pampulha
31270-901 - Belo Horizonte - MG
Tel: +55 (31) 3409-6044
Fax: +55 (31) 3409-5120