ISSN 0370-4467 printed
1. The works to be published in Rem: Revista Escola de Minas should be printed in A4 paper, automatic spacing, with 2-cm-margins, and include the address and e-mail of the author in the last page. Submit the original work, together with a hardcopy and a diskette of the text. The author should keep an identical copy.
2. The journal accepts articles in English.
3. The title of the article should clearly and precisely communicate its general idea. After the title, mention the full name(s) of the author(s), their qualifications and institutions.
4. Each article should have an abstract in Portuguese with a maximum of 250 words, followed by its English version. This abstract is a brief summary of the facts in the article, highlighting data and conclusions.
5. The articles should be concise, not exceeding 8 pages typed in Courier font size 12, including abstracts, figures, tables, references, etc. Articles with more pages will be accepted in very special cases considering the paramount importance of the topic addressed.
6. The charts should be strictly necessary for text clarity.
7. If the figures submitted have been published elsewhere, mention source and permission for reproduction.
8. The article should be divided according to the following model for graphic standardization:
Note: The abstract and abstract in English should not be numbered or entitled; References should not be numbered.
9. Acknowledgments, if any, should be included in the end of the article, before the references.
10. Rem: Revista Escola de Minas publishes up to six color photographs; above this number, the authors shall pay for the costs.
11. For further information and inquiries about publication of articles in Rem: Revista Escola de Minas, please contact the address mentioned below.
12. The authors may submit works by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The references should be listed in the end of the text, in alphabetical order by the last name of the main author, in compliance with Standard NBR-6023 regarding documentation, as shown in the following examples:
SCHWARZ, D. Inclusões em esmeraldas. REM - Revista Escola de Minas, v. 37, n. 4, p. 12-21, 1984.
BARBOSA, O. et alli. Geologia da região do Triângulo Mineiro. Rio de Janeiro: DNPM/DFPM, 1970. 140 p. (Boletim 136).
VICALVI, M. A. & KOTZIAN, S. C. B. Ocorrência de microfauna estuarina no quaternário da plataforma continental de São Paulo. In: PETROBRAS. Evolução sedimentar holocênica da plataforma continental e do talude do sul do Brasil. Rio de Janeiro: CENPES/DINTEP, 1977. p. 77-96. (Série Projeto-REMAC2).
LINHARES, P. S. & COSTA, A. C. Aplicação de recipientes fechados na dissolução de rochas minerais. In: CONGR. BRAS. GEOL., 33, 1984. Rio de Janeiro. Anais... Rio de Janeiro: SBG, 1984. V. 2, p. 4806-13.
VERAVIJT, A. et alli. Penetration testing. Rotterdam: A. A. Baldema, 1982. 922p.
GY, P. M. Definition of basic terms and notation. In: _____. Sampling
of particulate materials. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1982. 431p. cap.
1, p. 11-21. (Developments in Geomathematics, 4).
SKINNER, B. J. The many origins of hydrothermal mineral deposits. In: BARNES, H. L. ed. Geochemistry of hydrothermal ore deposits. 2 ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1979. 798 p., cap. 1, p. 1-21.
Since the main function of references is to allow search of the work,
the title of the journal should be in full or comply with the international
standardization of journal title abbreviations, available at:
CHEMICAL ABSTRACTS SERVICE SOURCE INDEX(CASSI) WORLD LIST OF SCIENTIFIC PERIODICALS PUBLICATIONS INDEXED FOR ENGINEERING (PIE).
Submitting articles by e-mail
Rem: Revista Escola de Minas has received works by e-mail for a long time. However, the authors have made mistakes that jeopardize quality of photographs, maps, etc. due to lack of graphic knowledge. Therefore, the following procedures are recommended:
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Rua Carlos Walter Marinho
Campos, 57 - Bairro Itacolomy
35400-000 Ouro Preto - MG
Tel./Fax: (55 43) 3551-4730