ISSN 0103-0663 printed version
Scope and editorial policy
|1. The quarterly journal Revista de Odontologia
da Universidade de São Paulo is devoted to the publication of works
related to basic and applied research, as well as articles intended to disseminate
and update subjects in the field of dentistry.
2. The works sent for publication should be unpublished. The simultaneous presentation of a manuscript to other journal is not allowed.
3. The Revista reserves all the copyrights of the published works, including the translation, but allows their posterior reproduction as a transcription provided that the required citation of the source is given.
4. The journal will accept works for publication written in Portuguese and / or in English.
5. The Revista de Odontologia da Universidade de São Paulo reserves the right to submit all originals for the evaluation of the Commission of publication and of the Editorial board, that hold full authority to decide on the convenience of the acceptance of a work. Those boards can also re-present a work to the authors with suggestions in such a way that necessary alterations in the text are made, and / or in order that the work be adapted to the editorial standards of the journal. In such a case, the work will be re-evaluated by the Commission of publication and the Editorial board. The works not accepted for publication will be returned to the authors. The referees' names will remain confidential. In the same way, the authors' names will be omitted to the referees.
6. The concepts expressed in the published works will exclusively be responsibility of the authors, not reflecting necessarily the opinion of the Commission of publication and of the Editorial board.
7. The dates of receipt and acceptance of the work will be published obligatorily at the end of it.
8. The journal will supply ten reprints to each published work. Additional reprints can be supplied at a cost. Requests from authors should be communicated at the time of the presentation of the originals.
Presentation of originals
|1. The works should be sent in floppy disk accompanied
by two hard copies and three sets of original photographs. It is recommended
that the authors keep other copy in their possession.
2. An original submitted for publication should contain at the end of it the complete address and telephone number of at least one author to whom correspondence should be sent by the Commission of publication.
3. The originals and illustrations accepted for publication will not be returned to the authors, with the exception of the expressed request from the authors at the time of the publication of the work.
4. Coloured photographs will not be published, except in case of absolute necessity and on the recommendations of the Commission of publication.
5. The originals destined to the Revista de Odontologia da Universidade de São Paulo should be written in agreement with the following standards (based on NB/61 of the Brazilian Association of Technical Standards ABNT, 1978):
a) The originals should follow the official spelling and should be typed or computer printed double-spaced with margins of three centimetres on paper size A4 (21 cm x 29,7 cm), and should not exceed 15 pages, including the illustrations (graphics, tables, photographs etc.). The authors should keep a copy of the original for possible eventualities.
b) The illustrations (photographs, graphics, drawings etc.) should be limited to the strictly indispensable, presented in separate sheets and numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals. The respective legends should be clear, concise and placed below of the illustrations, preceded of the corresponding order number. The graphics, drawings and formulas that serve to the preparation of the clichés should be made in Indian ink on white paper. Authors are required to avoid squared paper (unless it is printed in clear blue). The illustrations should be presented in sufficient size to allow reductions to the minimum of eight centimetres in width. The approximate position of each illustration in the text should be indicated in the margin.
c) Tables should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals, and cited in the text by those numerals. The legends should be placed on their top. Tables should follow the presentation standards to tabulate, established by the Conselho Nacional de Estatística (National Council of Statistics), published by the IBGE in 1979.
d) The footnotes should be indicated with a high asterisk and kept to a minimum.
e) The journal recommends the use of the composed names and the names of the elements in the text, instead of their formulas or symbols; the journal also recommends that: the periods of time be written out in full, instead of numbers; the binomials of the zoological and botanical nomenclature be also written out in full and underlined, instead of using abbreviations; the mathematical and physical symbols be used according to the internationally accepted rules, and the metric symbols be applied in agreement with the Brazilian legislation into operation.
f) In the preparation of the original, it should be observed, insofar as possible, the following structure:
g) Examples of bibliographical references:
|The originals should be sent to the libraries of the Units:
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
© 2009 Faculdade de Odontologia da Universidade de São Paulo
Avenida Lineu Prestes, 2227 - Caixa Postal 8216
Cidade Universitária Armando de Salles Oliveira
05508-900 São Paulo, SP - Brasil
Tel.: +55 11 3818-7861
Fax: +55 11 3818-7413