ISSN 1980-5462 On-line version
Scope and policy
Revista Sociedade & Estado publishes original articles on issues central to sociology and related areas, which aim at contributing to the theoretical, methodological and empirical enhancement of the scholarly production. Articles may be submitted in Portuguese, Spanish and English, though editorial efforts will be taken to translate the original manuscripts into Portuguese. In all cases, S&E accepts only articles that have not been previously published in Brazil. Themes contemplated in the journal include:
1. Theoretical and methodological investigations: analytical contributions as well as conceptually-oriented essays that aim at enhancing the current knowledge on existing theoretical models and/or that advance new hypotheses for future formulations;
2. Technical remarks: reports and descriptions of methodological tools and original research techniques;
3. Research reports of empirically-oriented investigations, either concluded or in progress;
4. Special thematic issues edited by at least one faculty member of the Sociology Department of the University of Brasilia or by a researcher affiliated to the Graduate Program in Sociology of the University of Brasilia. Non-affiliated researchers/professionals may participate in the organization of the special issue only if invited by the acting-editor of the special issue;5. Book reviews.
I. EDITORIAL COMMITTEE REVIEW
1. In case of co-authored manuscripts, at least one of the authors must hold a PhD degree. Other situations will be considered by the editorial board on a case-by case basis.
II. EDITORIAL RULES
1. All manuscripts must be submitted as a Word document (Times New Roman, size 12 font), not exceeding 30 double-spaced pages in length, and numbered consecutively in Arabic numbers;
2. The title of the article as well as the full names of the authors (along with their institutional affiliation, e-mails and recent publications) must appear on the first page of the manuscript;
3. Manuscripts must contain a concise and clear abstract, not exceeding 150 words, summarizing the objectives, methods and main findings of the article. In addition to that, five keywords (both in Portuguese and in English) and the title of the article written in English must also be included in the manuscript;
4. Footnotes must only bring substantive information and shall not exceed eight lines in length;
10. Book reviews must not exceed eight pages and have to be accompanied by a title as well as by the full reference of the book reviewed. S&E accepts only reviews of books published in the previous five years.
11. Authors are fully responsible for the content and opinions expressed in their texts, which do not reflect the opinions of S&E and its editorial boards.
Sending of manuscripts
The articles should be submitted through the
Sociedade & Estado charges no fees (APC - Article Processing Charge) for submission, assessment or publication of the articles in this journal.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription information]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Departamento de Sociologia da Universidade de Brasília
Instituto de Ciências Sociais - Campus Universitário Darcy Ribeiro, Centro B-1 408
CEP 70910-900 - Brasília - DF - Brasil
Tel. (55 61) 3107-1537