Scope and editorial policy
Instructions for Contributors
1. Sociologias - Revista do PPGS is a triannual publication of the Sociology Graduate Program (PPG/Sociologia) of the Institute of Philosophy and Human Sciences (IFCH), Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). Intended to promote the interchange between national and foreign social scientists, the periodical accepts previously unpublished works, under the form of articles, book reviews and research reports relevant to social sciences. The works must have academic and social interest.
2. Submissions of manuscripts to Sociologias should be exclusive, that is, manuscripts shall not be simultaneously submitted to other journals. Authors must submit their works through Sociologias’ web page (HTTP://www.seer.ufrgs.br/sociologias) where they will need first to register and create a login and password as author. Then the author can begin the five steps process for submitting the article.
3. The acceptance of articles for publication is subject to the approval by the editorial board and contributors, with guaranteed anonymity for both authors and advisors throughout the evaluation process. Possible suggestions from the editorial board for changes in the structure or content will be previously accorded with the authors. Additions or modifications will not be accepted after the works have been accepted for printing.
4. Articles will be evaluated according to the following criteria: quality and accuracy of the arguments, validity of the presented data, timeliness and relevance of the article to the discussion of problems in the area of research, and the adequacy and contemporaneity of the references.
5. Following evaluation by reviewers, authors will be informed about the results of acceptance, reviewing suggestions or rejection for publication.
There are no fees for submission and review articles.
Guidelines for Authors
Sociologias is a triannual journal published by the Graduate Program of Sociology (PPGS) - Institute of Philosophy and Human Sciences (IFCH), Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). Sociologias is intended to promote the dialogue between Brazilian and foreign social scientists.
The journal accepts previously unpublished works, under the form of articles, book reviews and research communications relevant to social sciences, which represent innovative and relevant contributions, and meet the criteria of theoretical and methodological academic rigour.
Publication of manuscripts is conditioned to approval by at least two reviewers among scholars members of the Editorial Board and other contributors of Sociologias, who hold expertise in the relevant area of knowledge. The whole peer review process is “blind”, so that neither authors nor reviewers know each others' identity. Manuscripts are reviewed with basis on the following criteria: quality and accuracy of the arguments, validity of the presented data, timeliness and relevance of the article to the discussion of problems in the area of research, and the adequacy and contemporaneousness of the references. Any suggestions from the Editorial Board for changes in structure or content of the manuscript will only be made in agreement with authors.
Sociologias welcomes submissions of manuscripts written in Portuguese or in Spanish.
The proposed manuscripts must be submitted exclusively to Sociologias, that is, they should not be simultaneously submitted to other journals. The Journal does not assume responsibility for concepts expressed by the authors. Spontaneous submission of any collaboration automatically implies full cession of copyright to PPGS-UFRGS.
To be eligible for peer reviewing, contributions must meet the following criteria:
MOSER, Anita. A nova submissão: mulheres da zona rural no processo de trabalho industrial. Porto Alegre: EDIPAZ, 1985. 123 p. (Coleção Debate e Crítica).
b) ARTICLES IN PERIODICALS
NOGUEIRA, Ronidalva. Michel Foucault numa breve visita às prisões de Pernambuco. Cadernos de Estudos Sociais, Recife, v. 6, n. 2, p. 269-282, jul./dez. 1990.
c) TEXTS IN COLLECTIONS
NOVAES, Adauto (Org.). A crise da razão. São Paulo: Companhia das Letras, 1996. 250 p.
d) ACADEMIC THESES
RAMOS, Eloisa Helena Capovila da Luz. O Partido Republicano rio-grandense e o poder local no litoral norte do Rio Grande do Sul – 1882/1895. 1990. 284 f. Dissertação (Mestrado em História) – Instituto de Filosofia e Ciências Humanas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre.
e) ENTRIES FROM A DICTIONARY
PISTONE, Sérgio. Bonapartismo. In: BOBBIO, Norberto; MATTEUCCI, Nicola; PASQUINO, Gianfranco. Dicionário de política. Brasília: Ed. da Universidade de Brasília, 1986. 1318 p. p. 118-119.
f) INFORMATION OR TEXT OBTAINED FROM THE INTERNETINSTITUTO BRASILEIRO DE INFORMAÇÃO EM CIÊNCIA E TECNOLOGIA. Conheça o IBICT. Disponível em: <http://www.ibict.br/ibict/frame.htm>. Acesso em: 01 out. 1997.
Submissions must be done through Sociologias’ web page (HTTP://www.seer.ufrgs.br/sociologias). Authors will need first to register and create a login and password, and then begin the five steps process for submitting the article.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Av. Bento Gonçalves, 9500 - Prédio
43111 - sala 103
91509-900 Porto Alegre RS Brasil
Tel.: +55 51 3316-6635/3316-7008
Fax: +55 51 3316-6637