SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.29 issue8Laparoscopic versus open splenectomy in dogsQuantificação computadorizada dos índices de placa e cálculo dentais da imagem digital da superfície vestibular dos dentes de cães author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links


Pesquisa Veterinária Brasileira

Print version ISSN 0100-736XOn-line version ISSN 1678-5150


OLIVEIRA, Rodrigo R.; MAMPRIM, Maria J.; RAHAL, Sheila C.  and  BICUDO, Alexandre L.C.. Radiografia e ultrassonografia no diagnóstico da ruptura do ligamento cruzado cranial em cães. Pesq. Vet. Bras. [online]. 2009, vol.29, n.8, pp.661-665. ISSN 0100-736X.

Radiography and ultrasonography were evaluated as tools for diagnosis of the rupture of cranial cruciate ligament (CrCL) in dogs. Twenty-five dogs were submitted to radiographic and ultrasonographic examinations and their results were compared with those obtained by artrotomy (gold standard). Radiography detected the rupture in 84% (21/25) of the cases, but 16% (4/25) were false-negative. Ultrasonography identified accurately 76% (19/25) of the cases and gave a probable diagnosis for the remaining 24% (6/25) what means that this technique presented 100% of positive results. It was possible to conclude that radiography and ultrasonography are valuable tools for the diagnosis of CrCL rupture in dogs.

Keywords : Diseases of dogs; cruciate ligament; radiology; ultrasonography.

        · abstract in Portuguese     · text in Portuguese     · Portuguese ( pdf )


Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License