SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.18CHIVA to spare the small and great saphenous veins after wrong-site surgery on a normal saphenous vein: a case reportArteriovenous fistula after radial catheterization with cardiopulmonary repercussions author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand

Journal

Article

Indicators

Related links

Share


Jornal Vascular Brasileiro

Print version ISSN 1677-5449On-line version ISSN 1677-7301

Abstract

BELCZAK, Sergio Quilici et al. Pulmonary sequestration and endovascular treatment: a case report. J. vasc. bras. [online]. 2019, vol.18, e20180110.  Epub Jan 14, 2019. ISSN 1677-5449.  http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1677-5449.011018.

Pulmonary sequestration is a congenital anomaly defined as a nonfunctioning mass of lung parenchyma. Presence of an independent pleural envelope classifies it as intralobar, accounting for approximately 75% of the cases, while absence classifies cases as extralobar, accounting for the remaining 25%. Diagnosis is made through radiography and confirmed by computed tomography, magnetic resonance, or angiography. The traditional treatment is open surgical repair, but endovascular techniques have been used, with good results. We report the case of a 29-year-old-woman presenting with recurrent pneumonia for 5 years. A CT scan of the chest revealed poor vascular formation in the lower region of the right lung. The pulmonary sequestration was treated by embolization of the anomalous branch.

Keywords : pulmonary sequestration; therapeutic embolization; pulmonary circulation; endovascular procedures.

        · abstract in Portuguese     · text in English | Portuguese     · English ( pdf ) | Portuguese ( pdf )