- Citado por SciELO
- Citado por Google
- Similares em SciELO
- Similares em Google
versão impressa ISSN 0006-8705
Bragantia vol.8 no.1-12 Campinas jan./dez. 1948
A salinidade do solo em canteiros de estufa
C. M. Franco
Engenheiro agrônomo, Secção de Fisiologia e Alimentação das Plantas, Instituto Agronômico de Campinas
It has been noticed in the greenhouse of the "Instituto Agronômico de Campinas" that many species of plants developed poorly when planted in seed beds that have been repeatedly used without change of soil.
In many cases even the seeds would not germinate in such seed beds. Experiments have showed that the; lack of normal plant development in these beds is the result of the increase in soil salinity. This salinity may be due to additions of fertilizers or to salts introduced in the ordinary applications of water. It was found that the soil solution had an osmotic pressure of 13.5 athmospheres at the wilting point.
The tests showed that common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) plants were more susceptible to the soil salinity than were the soybean and the corn plants.
Floading of those seed beds several times resulted in the leaching of salts and the restoring of conditions favorable for normal plant growth.
Texto completo disponível apenas em PDF.
Full text available only in PDF format.
1. Conner, S. D. e C. T. Gregory. Excess soluble salts as the cause of vegetable diseases in greenhouses. Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. 37 : 385-390. 1927. [ Links ]
2. Davidson, O. W. Why salts in old greenhouse soils may stunt crops. Florists Exchange and Horticultural Trade World 104 : 13-14. 1945. [ Links ]
3. Franco, C. M. e O. Bacchi. Investigações sobre a Tristeza dos Citrus. Bragantia 4 : 541-551. 1944. [ Links ]
4. Franco, C. M. e H. C. Mendes. Água inativa de alguns tipos de solos do Estado de São Paulo. Bragantia 7 : 129-132. 1947. [ Links ]
5. Kramer, P. J. Absorption of water by plants. Bot. Rev. 11 : 310-355. 1945. [ Links ]
6. Magistad, O. C. Plant growth relations on saline and alkali soils. Bot. Rev. 11 : 181-230. 1945. [ Links ]
7. Magistad, O. C. e J. E. Christiansen. Saline soils, their nature and management. Cir. U.S. Dept. Agric. 707: 1-32. 1944. [ Links ]
8. Paiva Neto, J. E. e W. De Jorge. Estudo preliminar do sistema água-solo-planta no Estado de São Paulo. Bragantia 7 : 133-150. 1947. [ Links ]
9. Von Heirich, W. Die Kryoskopische Bestimung des Osmotischen Wertes bei Pflanzen. Abderhalden, Hand. Biol. Arbeitsmethoden 11 : 353-371. 1939. [ Links ]