Services on Demand
- Cited by Google
- Similars in SciELO
- Similars in Google
Print version ISSN 1517-8692
Rev Bras Med Esporte vol.6 no.4 Niterói July/Aug. 2000
Position statement of the Brazilian Society of Sports Medicine: physical activity and health in children and adolescents
José Kawazoe Lazzoli; Antonio Claudio Lucas da Nóbrega; Tales de Carvalho; Marcos Aurélio Brazão de Oliveira; José Antônio Caldas Teixeira; Marcelo Bichels Leitão; Neiva Leite; Flavia Meyer; Felix Albuquerque Drummond; Marcelo Salazar da Veiga Pessoa; Luciano Rezende; Eduardo Henrique de Rose; Sergio Toledo Barbosa; João Ricardo Turra Magni; Ricardo Munir Nahas; Glaycon Michels; Victor Matsudo
1. American Academy of Pediatrics Committees on Sports Medicine and School Health. Physical fitness and the schools. Pediatrics 1987;80:449- 50. [ Links ]
2. American College of Sports Medicine. Opinion statement on physical fitness in children and youth. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1988;20:422-3. [ Links ]
3. Caspersen CJ, Nixon PA, Durant RH. Physical activity epidemiology applied to children and adolescents. In: Holloszy JO, editor. Exerc Sport Sci Rev 998;26:341-403. [ Links ]
4. Chan K-M, Micheli LJ, editors. Sports and children. Hong Kong: Williams & Wilkins, 1998. [ Links ]
5. Confederación Panamericana de Medicina del Deporte. Physical activity and health in the children of the Americas/Atividad física y salud en los niños de las Americas. Boletin COPAMEDE 1997;1:3. [ Links ]
6. Fédération Internationale de Médecine Sportive. FIMS Consensus Statement on Organized Sports for Children. In: Chan K-M, Micheli LJ, editors. Sports and Children. Hong Kong: Williams & Wilkins, 1998. [ Links ]
7. Pate RR. Physical activity in children and adolescents. In: Leon AS, editor. Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Health a National Consensus. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 1997. [ Links ]
8. Sallis JF, Patrick K. Physical activity guidelines for adolescents: Consensus statement. Ped Exerc Sci 1994;6:302-14. [ Links ]
9. US Department of Health and Human Services. Physical activity and health: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 1996. [ Links ]
10. US National Institutes of Health. Physical activity and cardiovascular health. NIH Consensus Development Panel on Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Health. JAMA 1996;276:241-6. [ Links ]
1. This document was approved by the Board of Trustees of the Brazilian Society of Sports Medicine on June 26th 1998 in a meeting held in Curitiba, PR, Brazil, during the II South-Brazilian Congress of Sports Medicine.
2. Originally published in Revista Brasileira de Medicina do Esporte 1998; 4(4):107-9.
3. This document can be reproduced as long as it is clearly identified as an official position statement of the Brazilian Society of Sports Medicine 1998.