ROESLER, R. et al. Involvement of hippocampal NMDA receptors in retention of shuttle avoidance conditioning in rats. Braz J Med Biol Res [online]. 1998, vol.31, n.12, pp.1601-1604.
ISSN 0100-879X. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0100-879X1998001200014.
2. Kim JJ, DeCola JP, Landeira-Fernandez J & Fanselow MS (1991). N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonist APV blocks acquisition but not expression of fear conditioning. Behavioral Neuroscience, 105: 126-133. [ Links ]
3. Young SL, Fanselow MS & Boheneck DL (1992). The dorsal hippocampus and contextual fear conditioning. Society for Neuroscience Abstracts, 18: 1564. [ Links ]
4. Izquierdo I, Da Cunha C, Rosat R, Jerusalinsky D, Ferreira MBC & Medina JH (1992). Neurotransmitter receptors involved in post-training memory processing by the amygdala, medial septum, and hippocampus of the rat. Behavioral and Neural Biology, 58: 16-26. [ Links ]
5. Izquierdo I, Quillfeldt JA, Zanatta MS, Quevedo J, Schaeffer E, Schmitz PK & Medina JH (1997). Sequential role of hippocampus and amygdala, entorhinal and parietal cortex in formation and retrieval of memory for inhibitory avoidance in rats. European Journal of Neuroscience, 9: 786-793. [ Links ]
6. Quevedo J, Vianna M, Zanatta MS, Roesler R, Izquierdo I, Jerusalinsky D & Quillfeldt JA (1997). Involvement of mechanisms dependent on NMDA receptors, nitric oxide and protein kinase A in the hippocampus but not in the caudate nucleus in memory. Behavioural Pharmacology, 8: 713-717. [ Links ]
8. Bliss TVP & Collingridge GL (1993). A synaptic model of memory: long-term potentiation in the hippocampus. Nature, 361: 31-39. [ Links ]
9. Paxinos G & Watson C (1986). The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates. Academic Press, San Diego. [ Links ]
10. Pereira ME, Rosat RM, Huang CH, Godoy MG & Izquierdo I (1989). Inhibition by diazepam of the effect of additional training and of extinction on the retention of shuttle avoidance behavior in rats. Behavioral Neuroscience, 103: 202-205. [ Links ]
11. Maren S, Aharonov G, Stote D & Fanselow M (1996). N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the basolateral amygdala are required for both acquisition and expression of conditional fear in rats. Behavioral Neuroscience, 6: 1365-1374. [ Links ]
12. Jones SM, Snell LD & Johnson KM (1987). Inhibition by phencyclidine of excitatory amino acid-stimulated release of neurotransmitter in the nucleus accumbens. Neuropharmacology, 26: 173-179. [ Links ]