FLORES PENA, Yolanda and ALONSO CASTILLO, Magdalena. Factors influencing nursing staff members' participation in continuing education. Rev. Latino-Am. Enfermagem [online]. 2006, vol.14, n.3, pp.309-315.
ISSN 0104-1169. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0104-11692006000300002.
2. Eustace LW. Mandatory continuing education: past, present, and future trends and issues. J Contin Educ Nurs 2001 May-June; 32(3):133-7. [ Links ]
3. Urbano MT, Jahns IR. A conceptual framework for nurses' participation in continuing education. J Contin Educ Nurs 1988 July-August; 19(4):182-6. [ Links ]
4. Furze G, Pearcey D. Continuing education in nursing: a review of the literature. J Adv Nurs 1999 February; 29(2):355-63. [ Links ]
5. Chakraborty N, Sinha BN, Nizamie SH, Sinha VK, Akhtar S, Beck J, Binha B. Effectiveness of continuing nursing education program in child psychiatry. J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 2006 February; 19(1):21-8. [ Links ]
6. Prater L, Neatherlin JS. Texas nursing respond to mandatory continuing education. J Contin Educ Nurs 2001 May-June; 32(3):126-32. [ Links ]
7. Lee AC, Tiwari AF, Hui Choi EW, Yuen KH, Wong A. Hong Kong nurses' perceptions of and participation in continuing nursing education. J Contin Educ Nurs 2005 Septembe-October; 36(5):205-12. [ Links ]
8. Robertson EM, Higgins L, Rozmus C, Robinson JP. Association between continuing education and job satisfaction of nurses employed in long-term care facilities. J Contin Educ Nurs 1999 May-June; 30(3):108-13. [ Links ]
9. DeSilets LD. Assesing registred nurses' reasons for participating in continuing education. J Contin Educ Nurs 1995 September-October; 25(5):202-8. [ Links ]
10. Wadell DL. Why do nurses participate in continuing education: A meta-analysis. J Contin Educ Nurs 1993 March-April; 24(2):52-6. [ Links ]
11. Valaitis R. Interactive continuing education workshops or conferences can improve profesional practice and patient outcomes. Evid Based Nurs 2002 January; 5(1):26. [ Links ]
12. Hughes L, Ward S, Grindel CG, Coleman EA, Berry DL, Hinds PS, Oleske DM, Murphy CM, Frank-Stromborg M. Relationships between certification and job perceptions of oncology nurses. Oncol Nurs Forum 2001 January-February; 28(1):99-106. [ Links ]
13. Houle C. The inquiring mind: A study of the adult continues to learn. Madison, (W): University of Wisconsin Press; 1961. [ Links ]
14. Hernández R, Fernández C, Baptista, P. Metodología de la Investigación. 3a ed. México (Mx): McGraw-Hill Interamericana; 2003. [ Links ]