The Revista Brasileira de Educação (Brazilian Journal of Education), published by ANPEd - Associação Nacional de Pós-Graduação e Pesquisa em Educação (National Association of Post-Graduation and Research), publishes academic and scientific articles and is geared towards enhancing academic interchange within a national and an international scenario.
Its main audience is teachers, tutors, lecturers and researchers in education, as well as undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students of the social and human sciences.
Areas of interest - education; primary and secondary education; higher education and educational policies; social movements and education.
The Revista Brasileira de Educação is a continuous publication.
In 2017, from number 70 onwards, the journal began to be published in a co-editing way Zeppelini Editorial ever since.
To briefly refer to the journal, the short title Rev. Bras. Educ. is recommended regarding bibliographies, footnotes, as well as bibliographical strips and references.
Sources for indexation
All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type BY.
The Revista Brasileira de Educação adopted until dec/2015 the Creative Commons license attribution-type BY-NC. Actually, the license is the attribution-type BY.
The journal is sponsored by:
Scope and Policy
The Brazilian Education Journal accepts for publication original articles and thematic dossiers about education that have never been published elsewhere from Brazilian and foreign authors that are the results of research, as well as theoretical essays and papers that discuss current issues. In exceptional cases, RBE may publish articles by Brazilian or foreign authors that are relevant that previously had limited circulation in Brazil
Are also published papers, book reviews and reading scores. In the Documents section, are distributed collective texts prepared by ANPEd or related associations as well as recent documents (laws, opinions, normalization), originating from government agencies and addressing issues of concern for education. Texts dealing with controversial issues or discuss any matter with defense positions, are published in the Open Space section.
The publication of articlesis determined by analysis of members of the Editorial Board or ad hoc collaborators.
The basic criteria for selection of articles for publication include its contribution to education and to the editorial line of the journal, the originality of the theme or its treatment, and the consistency and rigor of the theoretical-methodological approach. Any changes in structure or content suggested by the reviewers or by the Editorial Commission will only be incorporated with agreement of the authors.
Format and Preparation of the manuscripts
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
1. The Brazilian Magazine of Education (Revista Brasileira de Educação) accepts publication articles and thematic dossiers about education that have never been published elsewhere from Brazilian and foreign authors that are the results of research, as well as theoretical essays and papers that discuss current issues. In exceptional cases, RBE may publish articles by Brazilian or foreign authors that are relevant that previously had limited circulation in Brazil.
2. Papers may be sent in portuguese, english, french or spanish.
3. The articles must have a minimum of 40 thousand and a maximum of 70 thousand characters with spaces, including the bibliographic references and footnotes; the title abstract and keywords, which must be in Portuguese, English and Spanish, and in French if the original article is in this language; and authorial data (the words should be counted with a tool from a word processing program such as Word or Star Office).
4. The publication of articles is subject to evaluation by the members of the Editorial Board or by ad hoc collaborators. The selection of articles for publication is based on its contribution to education and to the editorial line of the Magazine, the originality of the themes or the treatment given to it, as well as the consistency and rigor of the theoretical-methodological approach. Eventual modifications in the structure or content, suggested by opinion makers or by the Editorial Commission, will only be incorporated with agreement of the authors.
5. Each year the journal will issue a public call for proposals with Specific Norms for Thematic Dossiers.
6. The Revista Brasileira de Educação also publishes documents and book reviews. The section Documents divulges collective texts, elaborated by the ANPEd or by related associations, as well as documents (laws, opinions, norms) stemming from government agencies and which deal with topics of interest for the educational area.
7. Book reviews should not exceed 10 thousand characters with spaces. A complete bibliographical reference of the work reviewed or commented is necessary. The typing and formatting should follow the same instructions as those for the articles.
8. Articles that reflect on current and relevant theories and practices, positions, discussions or polemics or that debate an issue and defend positions, may be published in the section “Espaço Aberto” [Open Space]. In this case, the texts should have from 30-50 thousand characters and follow the same norms and requirements as the other articles.
9. Original texts should be sent to the headquarters of the magazine through the SciELO system. Inquiries as to the procedures are available at the site: http://www.scielo.br/revistas/rbedu/pinstruc.htm. Any questions or suggestions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Articles and other texts for publication should be typed in one of the text editing programs .doc or .docx in a standard PC format. Directions as to format are specified at the end of these Norms.
11. Mentions of authors in the text itself should follow the form (Author, date) or (Author, date, p.), as in the examples (Silva, 1989) or (Silva, 1989, p.95). Different titles by the same author published in the same year should be differentiated by adding a letter after the date, for example: (Garcia, 1995a), (Garcia, 1995b) etc.
12. References should contain only those authors and texts cited in the work itself and should be presented at the end of the text, in alphabetical order, complying with the most recent ABNT norms. Materials that do not contain bibliographical references or those presented incorrectly will not be considered for examination and publication. It may be noted that university librarians are qualified to offer orientation as to the correct use of norms. Examples of ABNT norms application may be found at the end of these Norms.
13. Footnotes should be explanatory only. All notes should be numbered and be placed at the bottom of the page (use the automatic command of the word processor: Insert/Notes).
14. All articles should contain, at the end, the title, indication of at least three key words and an abstract, all in Portuguese, English and Spanish and if the original article is in French, in French as well. Each abstract should do not exceed 1.000 characters each.
15. At the end of the text the author should also register information as to his highest academic degree, institution, as well as supplying his e-mail address and full address, ORCID for correspondence.
16 Charts, graphs, maps, images etc. must be presented in png, jpg and jpeg on separate sheets from the text (indicating where they are to be inserted), should be numbered and titled and present corresponding source information. Whenever possible they should be made for direct reproduction.17. The sending of any contribution automatically implies the total cession of authors' rights to the Revista Brasileira de Educação.
Directions as to formatting texts
1. Type the full text in Times New Roman, font size 12, simple spacing, with no different fonts or attributes for titles and sections.
2. Use uppercase letters in bold face for the main title; bold face and first uppercase letter followed by lowercase letters for section subtitles.
3. For emphasis or highlighting in the text itself, use only italics; indicate paragraphs with only one press of the tab key and press Enter only at the end of a paragraph.
5. For transcriptions, use Times New Roman, font size 11, separated from the main text with a double Enter and introduced by pressing the tab key twice.
Directions for the application of the ABNT Norms
1. Books: author's surname (Uppercase)/COMMA/Followed by abbreviated name (Uppercase and Lowercase)/PERIOD/Title of work (in italics)/COLON(if there is a subtitle)/Subtitle (if there is one)/PERIOD/Edition ( in abbreviated form and if it is not the first edition)/PERIOD/Place of publication /COLON,SPACE/Publisher)COMMA/Publication date/PERIOD.
Example: APPLE, M. W. Educação e poder, 2nd ed. Porto Alegre: Artes Médicas, 1989.
2. Articles: author's surname (Uppercase)/COMMA/Followed by abbreviated name (Uppercase and Lowercase)/IF THERE IS ANOTHER AUTHOR, REPEAT THIS OPERATION SEPARATING THE NAMES BY SEMI-COLON/PERIOD/Title of article/PERIOD/Title of the periodical (in italics)/COMMA/Place (publication headquarters of the magazine)/COLON/Entity to which the magazine is linked/SEMI-COLON/Place of publication/COLON/Publisher/COMMA/Volume Number of the periodical (if there is one)/COMMA/Pages that correspond to the article/COMMA/Month (abbreviated)/Date of publication/PERIOD.
Example: ZAGO, N. Do acesso à permanência no ensino superior: percursos de estudantes universitários de camadas populares. Revista Brasileira de Educação, Rio de Janeiro: ANPEd; Campinas: Autores Associados, v. 11, n. 32, p. 226-237, may/aug. 2006.
3. Anthologies: surname of the author of the chapter (Uppercase)/COMMA/Followed by abbreviated name (Uppercase and Lowercase)/PERIOD/Title of the chapter/PERIOD/Write “In:”/Surname of the organizer (Uppercase)/COMMA/Initials of the organizer's name (IF THERE IS ANOTHER ORGANIZER, REPEAT THIS PROCEDURE, SEPARATING THE NAMES WITH SEMI-COLONS)/Write, when it is the case, “(Org.)”/PERIOD/Title of the anthology (in italics)/COLON (if there is a subtitle)/Subtitle (if there is one)/PERIOD/Edition, in abbreviated form and if not the first/PERIOD/ Place of publication/COLON,SPACE/Name of publisher /PERIOD/Translator's name, when there is one/COMMA/Date of publication/PERIOD.
Example: ROMÃO, J. E. Alfabetizar para libertar. In: GADOTTI, Moacir; TORRES, Carlos A. (Orgs.). Educação popular: utopia latino-americana. São Paulo: Cortez, 1994.
4. Academic dissertations: author's surname (Uppercase)/COMMA/Followed by abbreviated name (Uppercase and Lowercase)/PERIOD/PublicationTitle (in italics)/COLON (if there is a subtitle)/Subtitle (if there is one)/PERIOD/Date of dissertation defence /PERIOD/Number of pages/PERIOD/Academic degree it refers to/DASH/Institution where it was presented/COMMA/Place of publication/PERIOD.
Example: Barreira, L. História e Historiografia: as escritas recentes da história da educação brasileira (1971-1988). 1995. 220pp. Thesis (Doctorate Degree in the History of Education) - UNICAMP, Campinas.
5. Works presented in congresses: author’s surname (Uppercase)/COMMA/Followed by abbreviated name (Uppercase and Lowercase)/Period/Title of the work presented/Period/Write “In:”/name of the event(Uppercase)COMMA/numbering of the event (if there is one)/PERIOD/COMMA/Date of publication/COMMA/Location of the event/PERIOD/Title of the document/Location of the event/COLON/Publisher/COMMA/Time period of the event/COMMA/Month (abbreviated)/Publication date/PERIOD/iniyial page and end of the part referred to/PERIOD.
Example: MALDONADO FILHO, E. A transformação de valores em preço de produção e o fenômeno da absorção e liberação de capital produtivo In: ENCONTRO NACIONAL DE ECONOMIA, 15., 1975, Salvador. Anais... Salvador: ANPEC, 1-4, dec. 1975. p. 157-75.
6. Works in electronic media: author’s surname(Uppercase)/COMMA/Followed by abbreviated name (Uppercase and Lowercase)/PERIOD/Title/PERIOD/Title of the Periodical (in italics)/COMMA/Place of publication/COLON/Entity to which the magazine is linked/SEMI-COLON/Publisher/COMMA/Volume number of the periodical/COMMA/Number of the periodical/COMMA/Date of publication/PERIOD/Available at/COLON/e-mail address (between the signs < >)/PERIOD/accessed on/COLON/date of consultation/PERIOD.
Example: SAVIANI, D. Formação de professores: aspectos históricos e teóricos do problema no contexto brasileiro. Revista Brasileira de Educação, Rio de Janeiro: ANPEd; Autores Associados, v. 14, n. 40, jan./apr. 2009. Available at: <www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1413—24782009000100012&Ing=pt&nrm=iso>. Accessed on: 01 mar. 2011.
Policy against plagiarism and improper research conduct
In conformity with the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics(COPE), which are designed to encourage the identification of plagiarism, improper practices, fraud, possible ethics violations and the opening of inquiries, we inform:
1. Authors must visit the COPE website http://publicationethics.org, which contains information for authors and editors about research ethics.
2. Before submission, authors must follow these guidelines:
- articles that include data acquisition or analysis and interpretation of data from other publications must cite them explicitly;
3. To meet the criteria, the following procedures will be conducted:
a)The editors will evaluate the manuscripts with the CrossCheck system, soon after the evaluation of the form of the manuscripts. At this time, the textual content of the articles will be evaluated, seeking to identify plagiarism, duplicated submissions, manuscripts that have been previously published and possible research fraud.
b)Based on the results, the editor and editorial board will be responsible for deciding if the manuscript will be sent for peer review;
c)After acceptance and before publication, the articles can be evaluated once again.
Submitting the manuscripts
The Revista Brasileira de Educação receives articles for review and possible publication.
1. Sign in to your account. If you don't have a account, create a register on the site.
There is no fee for submission and evaluation articles.