ISSN 0002-0591 printed version
Scope and Policy
Note to the collaborators
Unpublished articles written in English, French, or Spanish can be forwared for evaluation in their original language, however, if approved, should be translated into Portuguese at the author's expense. In special cases, Afro-Ásia can take responsibility for the text's translation. Also in special cases, as per relevance to Brazilian readers, articles already published in their native language will be accepted for evaluation.
Received texts will be revised by the secretariat so as to eliminate or modify elements that can lead to direct (name, institutional affiliation, explicit references to works by the same author, acknowledgements, etc.) or indirect (elements that, with little effort, identify the author) identification, and thus guarantee the anonymity and impartiality in the evaluation of submitted works, without coherent disadvantage.
The articles will be sent to two ad hoc evaluators selected by the editors or members of the Editorial Board, who will accept, reject, suggest alterations or propose revision to the author, with the condition of publication. The new version, following received instructions, will be submitted to a summary evaluation process by an external evaluator. In the case of whatever discrepancy between evaluators, the text will be sent to a third. The names of the evaluators and the authors will remain confidential.
The articles are the exclusive responsibility of the authors. Their reproduction is permitted, be it total or partial, as long as the source is cited. All of the content of Afro-Ásia, except when stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type BY-NC.
Afro-Ásia does not withhold authorship rights of published articles, but it does not permit their simultaneous presentation in another national periodical. Posterior reproductions are obligated to cite the journal.Approved texts will be published according to order in which they are received and approved.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
To authors who wish to send their texts, we ask that you obey the following editorial norms:
1. The text should be no longer than 35 pages in A4 format, 1.5 line spacing, Times New Roman font, size 12, and it should be sent via e-mail attachment, preferably in Word Document format (*.doc), in Microsoft Word 7.0 or after.
2. The article should contain an abstract, in Portuguese and English, of approximately 10 lines and written in an impersonal style. It is necessary to include key words, five at the maximum.
3. The citations of excerpts from works or documents should obey the following criteria: if they are less than four lines, it should be included in the text within quotation marks. If they are larger, they should be distinguished from the principal text, with a 1 cm indentation from the side margins, and without quotation marks at the beginning and end. In both cases, do not use italicize. All of the citations should be accompanied by their respective references in notes according to the norms described below.
4. Tables should be formatted with the Tables style in Microsoft Word. All tables should have titles incorporated, mentioning of their source(s), and be numbered in sequence.
5. Pictures (or figures) should be digitalized, in black and white, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, in TIFF format, and sent separately as files numbered in sequence. In the text, it should be indicated where each picture should be inserted and its respective subtitle.
6. Note indicators, in the footer, should be placed after periods, commas, semicolons or colons: Example: This competition for the soul of the colonized generated a series of tensions:1 Catholics and Protestants disputed the land inch by inch.2
7. Notes should be in the footer, with all references to sources, respecting the following rules
The editors recommend the updating of spelling, due to historical changes, in documents cited.
Sending of manuscripts
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Centro de Estudos Afro-Orientais da Universidade Federal da Bahia
Praça Inocêncio Galvão, 42 Largo Dois de Julho, Centro
CEP: 40060-055, Salvador, Bahia - Brasil
Tel.: +55 71 32835501