Important information for authors:
- Only English manuscripts are accepted.
- To verify originality, all the manuscripts will be checked by originality detection service using the Software ithenthicate, crossref similarity check. If evidence of plagiarism is found before the reviewing process, the manuscript will be rejected and a letter to the corresponding author will be sent. If the evidence of plagiarism is found after acceptance, or even after publication of the paper, the authors will be offered a chance for rebuttal. If the arguments are found to be not satisfactory, the article will be retracted. The final decision will be made by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Motriz Journal uses a single-blind review system;
- After acceptance and production process, a PDF file will be sent by e-mail to the corresponding authors for reading proof.
- The editor-in-Chief detains the final decision concerning the acceptance or rejection of the submitted manuscripts.
- After the manuscript has been accepted, addition, removal or rearrangement of author will be not allowed. If the corresponding author would like to change authorship during reviewing process, it must be included a confirmation from the author being added or remove;
- Publication fee: from July 2019 onwards, Motriz Journal will charge a publication fee for its maintenance even though the Journal receives subsidies from Public Institution, the financial support is not sufficient for production of the Journal. Given that, the authors (or your Institution) have certain rights to reuse the published work. The amount charged is described below.
- Preprints: From now on, Motriz: J. Phys. Ed. is accepting manuscripts previously deposited on preprint servers. Preprints manuscript will undergo the same review process as the non-preprint manuscript. The authors will pay the publication fee- without exception- similar to the non-preprint manuscript:
Some conditions are required for preprint manuscripts:
a. Disclose at first submission that a manuscript has been posted to a preprint server;
b. Provide a link to the preprint version of the article;
c. Once the article has been published, a link from the preprint server to the Journal’s website must be provided.
Organization of the manuscript:
Present your manuscript in the order below:
1. First Page:
- title: First letter capitalized, subsequent letters in lower case. Avoid abbreviations.
- Short title.
- All authors name and affiliations. If necessary, use superscripted lowercase letters after the author's name to distinguish affiliations
- Author to whom proofs and correspondence should be sent, including name, mailing address, and e-mail address.
2. A structured abstract has to be submitted for all types of articles. No more than 250 words with the following headings: Aims; Methods; Results; and Conclusion.
3. Main text: Manuscript should include the following sections: Abstract, Introduction, Methods (insert the process number of Ethics Committee), Results, Discussion, and Conclusions. The manuscript shall be double-spaced, Times font, size 12 pt., text left justified, with number of pages limited as the sections above. Page margin size is 2.5 cm top, bottom, left and right sides. Figures and Tables must be inserted at the end of the manuscript, properly numbered and labeled. If the manuscript is approved, a jpg or tiff file for each figure will be requested. Each page must be numbered, with lines numbered in order to facilitate the review process.
It is mandatory to insert the process number of Ethics Committee in the methods section as well as to insert the official statement as a suplemmentary file in the system during submission process)
The abbreviated title of Motriz Journal is Motriz: J. Phys. Ed., which can be used in citations, footnotes and in the list of references. eISSN: 1980-6574.
Use Arabic numerals in the text in numerical order superscript separated by comma 1,2,3,4,5,6. The authors can be referred to, but the reference number(s) must always be given. Example: '...as demonstrated3,6 . Engles and Jones8 obtained a different ...'
At the end of the paper in the same order in which they were cited in the text, the complete reference with author(s) name(s), journal title/book title, chapter title/article title, year of publication, volume number/book chapter and the pagination must be present.
Please follow the examples below to format the references of your manuscript.
1. Cayres SU, de Lira FS, Machado-Rodrigues AM, Freitas Junior IF, Barbosa MF, Fernandes RA. The mediating role of physical inactivity on the relationship between inflammation and artery thickness in prepubertal adolescents. J Pediatr. 2015;166(4):924-9.
If the work you need to reference has more than six authors, you should list the first six authors,
followed by 'et al.':
2. Antunes M, Christofaro DG, Monteiro PA, Silveira LS, Fernandes RA, Mota J, et al. Effect of concurrent training on gender-specific biochemical variables and adiposity in obese adolescents. Arch Endocrinol Metab. 2015;59(4):303-9.
3. Zanesco A, Puga G, editors. Doenças cardiometabólicas e exercícios físicos. Ed. Rio De Janeiro, Revinter, 2013.
4. Santos DM, Pesquero JL. Exercício fíísico e Sistema renina-angiotensina. In: Doenças cardiometabólicas e exercícios físicos. Rio de Janeiro, Revinter; 2013. p. 69-80.
5. Simons NE, Menzies B, Matthews M. A Short Course in Soil and Rock Slope Engineering. London: Thomas Telford Publishing; 2001. Available from: http://www.myilibrary.com?ID=93941 [Accessed 18th June 2015].
6. European Space Agency. Rosetta: rendezvous with a comet. Available from: http://rosetta.esa.int [Accessed 15th June 2015].
DISSERTATIONS AND THESIS
7. Souza AP. Participação de selênio na resistência à cardiopatia chagásica. Rio de Janeiro. Tese [Doutorado em Biologia Parasitária] - " Instituto Oswaldo Cruz; 2003.
8. Ribeiro H. Ilha de calor na cidade de São Paulo: sua dinâmica e efeitos na saúde da população. São Paulo. Tese [Livre-Docência em Saúde Pública] - Faculdade de Saúde Pública da USP; 1996.
Use of DOI is highly encouraged.
All manuscripts will undergo some editorial modification, so it is important to check proofs carefully.The corresponding author will be sent an email asking them to check their proofs. The email will either have a link for authors to access their PDF proofs online, or will have a PDF proof attached.
To avoid delays in publication, proofs should be checked and returned within 2 working days. The preferred method of correction is by annotated PDF. Extensive changes to the text may be charged to the author.
Guiding Principles for Research Involving Animals and Human Beings
Research involving animals must adhere to Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals in Research in agreement with the Brazilian Council for using animal in research (CONCEA/BR) and a statement of protocol approval from a Local Committee must be included in the Methods section of the manuscript. Studies involving surgeries or other painful procedures must include an explanation of steps taken to mitigate pain and distress, including the types and dosage of anesthetics and post-operative analgesics that were used.
Protocols involving human subject (healthy or not) must be reviewed and approved by a research Ethics Committee prior to starting the study, and participants must provide written informed consent as stated by Brazilian Council of Ethics in research with human subject (CONEP/BR). These two statements must be affirmed in the Methods section of the manuscript.
All the procedures should be conducted according to high standards of safety and ethics. We reserve the right to refuse the manuscript, if the authors fail to provide ethical information during submission process.
To ensure these requirements, it is essential that submission documentation is complete with the three required documents:
- Approval of Institutional Ethics Committee:
- Declaration of conflict of interest:
- Journal Publishing Agreement signed by the corresponding author on behalf of co-authors:
These supplementary files must be attached in the Motriz electronic system.
Accepted articles from July 2019 onwards, the fee values will be BRL 450,00 or US dollars 250.00) for original articles, reviews and comments, and BRL 250,00 or US dollars 150.00 for brief communication or methods. No charges will be applied for submission. Motriz will provide to the authors the required proof of payment for requesting reimbursement from their home institutions, graduate programs or support of research agencies.
Peer review process
An original manuscript submitted for publication will be submitted to the review process as long as it fits the following criteria:
√ the study was not previously published, nor has been submitted simultaneously for consideration of publication elsewhere;
√ all persons listed as authors approved its submission to Motriz;
√ any person cited as a source of personal communication has approved the quote;
√ the opinions expressed by the authors are their exclusive responsibility;
√ the author signs a formal statement that the submitted manuscript complies with the directions and guidelines of Motriz.
The Editor-in-Chief and Associate Editors will make a preliminary analysis regarding the appropriateness, quality, originality and written style/grammar of the submitted manuscript. The editors reserve the right to request additional information, corrections, and guideline compliance before they submit the manuscript to the "ad-hoc" review process.
Minor changes in the text may be made at the discretion of the Editors-in-Chief and/or Associate Editors. Changes can include spelling and grammar in the chosen language, written style, journal citations, and reference guidelines. The author is notified of changes at any point of the review process, or during the paper production for publication. The final version is available to the author for his or her approval before it is published.
Motriz uses "ad-hoc" reviewers, who volunteer to analyze the merit of the study. Two or more reviewers are consulted in a single-blind process. Authors are notified by e-mail when their submission has been accepted (or rejected).
Important: The Motriz Editorial Board believes that majority of research authors who submit manuscripts to this journal expects positive and high quality reviews of their peers. In addition, this board expects that all authors who consider submitting a manuscript, have already submitted, or have a paper recently published in Motriz must act, upon invitation, as "ad hoc" reviewer of manuscripts submitted to this journal.
Published manuscripts are entirely the responsibility of the authors and do not reflect opinions or personal views of Motriz Journal editors or associate editors.
Motriz utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed file system among participating libraries and allows them to create permanent archives of the journal for the preservation and restoration of files. href="http://lockss.stanford.edu/"
Motriz publishes the following articles/categories:
- Editorial:Editor-in-Chief or Guest Editor of Motriz Journal are responsible to write this Editorial section
- Minireview: Mini review is based on personal invitation or when appropriate may be submitted without prior invitation. It is recommended a word text with eighteen pages mostly, with a structured abstract and no more than forty references. The abstract must contain no more than 250 words with the following headings: Aim; Methods; Results; and Conclusion.
- Original articles: Includes full paper (over 10 printed pages) and short paper (equal or under 10 printed pages). Articles in these categories are the results of empirically- or theoretically-based scientific research, which employ scientific methods, and which report experimental or observational aspects of Exercise Sciences, such as clinical, basic research, psychological or social characteristics. Descriptive analyses or data inferences should include rigorous methodological structure as well as sound theory.
- Case report: An article that describes and interprets an individual case, often written in the form of a detailed story. This category of paper includes original and unique descriptions of practical that relate to the Journal's areas of interest. They can include experimental studies, clinical or controlled trials, pedagogical experiences. The article must be supported by methodologically appropriate evidence. Human or animal studies must comply with official Ethics Committee standards.
- Invited paper and award paper - This category includes invited papers from authors with outstanding scientific credentials. Nomination of invited authors is at the discretion of the Motriz Editorial Board. Motriz also publishes award papers selected by the scientific committee of the International Congress of Human Movement Sciences and the São Paulo Symposium of Physical Education. These papers appear in one issue every two years.
- Special issue: Invited Guest Editors are responsible for Special Issue (SI) who has expertise in the topic of the SI. SI should comprise of approximately 12-15 articles with relevance to a wide international and multidisciplinary readership. SI also includes abstracts of oral and poster presentations, approved by the Scientific Committee of the International Congress of Physical Education and Human Movement and the São Paulo Symposium of Physical Education. The Supplemental Issue appears once every two years. Proceedings of others conference meeting may also be published with a publication fee.
- Videos Research: Videos demonstrating cutting edge of Exercise Sciences and scientific results as well as clinical cases are very welcome to Motriz Journal. The video research has to be high-quality demonstrations of procedure in Exercise Sciences allowing easy comprehension of the information. Additional concise manuscripts to each video detail the procedures and the findings in a bullet point style are accepted. The length of the video should be 3-5 min. Human or animal studies must comply with official ethics committee standards.
- Protocol design and ideas research exchange: This session aims to publish protocols design from leading experts in exercise/training field. The main goal is to share the best methods to answer questions in Exercise Science either in human studies or experimental models. The authors should give full information of the design protocol addressing advantages and limitations of the methods. The merit/originality of the article will be externally peer-reviewed. The main audience of this session is young researchers and beginners in Exercise Science, thus only protocols that have research applications will be published.
- Systematic review: A systematic review is now accepted for submission in the Motriz Journal. This section is based on research studies examining critically data from the literature focusing on a specific topic area.
Features Topics Including:
- Acute and chronic effects of exercise in health
- Adaptive Sports
- Adventure sports and leisure
- Economics and health in exercise science
- Exercise and bone health
- Exercise Physiology
- Lipid Metabolism
- Neural Control of movement
- Sport Humanities (including the perspectives of history, pedagogy, sociology, philosophy, cultural anthropology, olympism, physical education theory)
- Sports Coaching
- Sports training
1."Disclosure of Potential Conflict of Interest" Form
2."Author's agreement" Form
There are no fees for submission and evaluation of articles.