Scope and policy
Information regarding the procedures adopted by the journal for the analysis and approval of the manuscripts (peew review):
To publish original texts on themes in the area of Psychology and its interfaces with the Human Sciences and Health Sciences, problematizing the current reality, contributing to the practice in Psychology and promoting theoretical development. From the methodological point of view, the journal Psicologia em Estudo publishes articles that are based exclusively on the qualitative perspective.
The articles submitted to the journal will be evaluated by the editorial team and if approved, will be sent to ad hoc evaluators, who should indicate no conflict of interest in the blind review. The opinions issued by the evaluators contain justifications that may suggest approval for publication without changes, approval for publication with recommendations for changes or may not recommend publication. Editorial board members, after the reformulated revision, have final decisions on manuscripts, including the need for further reformulations. The Editorial Board reserves the right to make minor modifications to the authors’ text to expedite the editorial process.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
Original texts that fall into the following categories will be accepted:
After adapted to the norms, the original texts should be submitted electronically at the site www.periodicos.uem.br/ojs/index.php/PsicolEstud, in text editor Word for Windows 6.0 or later version, double-spaced (everywhere of the manuscript) in Times New Roman font, size 12, not exceeding the number of pages appropriate to the category of the work. The page layout should be A4, with a 2.54cm formatting for the top and bottom, left and right margins. Do not use the “AutoCorrect - Track Changes” feature of Word.
The figures, tables and graphs must, in addition to the specific instructions below, consider that: a maximum of five (5) will be accepted, considering the sum of these categories.
Tables, including title and notes, must be presented one per page, placed at the end of the text, in the same file, following the references section. In the publication, the table cannot exceed 11.5 cm wide x 17.5 cm long. The length of the table should not exceed 55 rows, including title and footnote(s). For further details, especially in cases not included in these Guidelines, the APA manual should be consulted.
Any text submitted online to the Journal must be accompanied by a letter signed by all authors (see the template below), where the intent of submission or new submission of the work to the publication is made explicit. This letter must also contain authorization for reformulation of language, if necessary to meet the standards of the Journal. In the case of multiple authored text, a maximum of six authors will be accepted. In case of more than four authors, it is necessary to include a note at the end of the manuscript indicating the contribution of each. It is important to note that the total of the files sent electronically cannot exceed 3MB and in the file containing the text there can be no identification, not even in Word properties, to guarantee the blind review evaluation.
Use single space in the references section, with double space to separate them. References should be cited in alphabetical order by surnames of the authors. In cases of reference to multiple studies by the same author, use chronological order, that is, from the oldest to the most recent study of this author. Author names should not be replaced by dashes. For more information, consult APA manual (6th edition) https://www.apastyle.org/.
Presentation of manuscripts
The presentation of the texts should obey the following order:
l. Cover sheet containing:
2. Sheet(s) containing:
3. Annexes and/or Appendices, only when they contain important original information, or indispensable prominence for understanding some section of the text. It is recommended to avoid annexes and appendices.
4. Sheet containing titles of all figures, numbered as indicated in the text.
5. The figures, tables and graphs must, in addition to the specific instructions below, consider that: a maximum of five (5) will be accepted, considering the sum of these categories.
6. Figures, including legend, one per page in paper, placed at the end of the text, in the same file, in sequence to the references section. To ensure quality reproduction, the figures containing drawings must be submitted in high-quality (300 dpi minimum resolution). As the published version cannot exceed the width of 11.5 cm for figures, the author must take care that the subtitles maintain reading quality, if reduction is necessary.
7. Tables, including title and notes, must be presented one per page, placed at the end of the text, in the same file, following the references section. In the publication, the table cannot exceed 11.5 cm wide x 17.5 cm long. The length of the table should not exceed 55 rows, including title and footnote(s). For further details, especially in cases not included in these Guidelines, the APA manual should be consulted.
8. Text should present: introduction, method, results and discussion and, final considerations/conclusion - it is not mandatory to use these terms as items. Footnotes (maximum 5 in all work), if necessary, should be placed at the foot of the pages, ordered by Arabic numerals which should appear immediately after the text segment to which the note refers. Suggested places for insertion of figures and tables should be indicated in the text. Do not use the terms apud, op. cit., id., ibidem and others (they are not part of the APA standards).
9. References should not exceed the limit of thirty (30), including in this total up to 10% of citations referring to the authors themselves. At least 40% of the total must refer to the last 5 years. Unless justified, these limits will be revised by the Editorial Board, for example, in the cases of articles of historical revision. We caution the authors that the text update will be evaluated by the evaluators.
OBS. Only the cover sheet is not counted in the total of the article’s pages.
Cover letter template
Signatures of all authors
Conflict of interests
Submission of manuscripts
The manuscripts must be submitted through the electronic address of the journal
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
5790 - BCE - Térreo Sala 01
87020-900 Maringá PR Brasil
Tel./Fax.: +55 44 3011-4502