1) Microsoft Word must be used with the following formatting: font Times New Roman size 12, paper size A4, 1.5 lines line spacing, all margins with 2.5 cm.
2) Length, title, abstract and keywords in the language of the manuscript:
- Titles may have, at most, 12 words;
- Abstract, written in third person, must be informative, with about 150 words, and shall exhibit, with clarity and synthesis, the work’s objective, methodology, structure and relevant results;
- Keywords: 3 to 5 that are really descriptive of the work’s focus, separated from each other with a dot;
- Manuscripts with no more than 15 pages.
3) The main body of the manuscripts must contain topics that correspond to an introduction, development and conclusion. The introduction must consist of a presentation of the manuscript and a briefly problematization of the theme/object. Just like of a justification for why the theme was chosen, the objectives of the manuscript and methodology, the theoretical framework, the chosen theoretical-methodological perspectives and finally to show how the work is structured and presented. We remind that both in the introduction and conclusion the number of citations must be drastically low, given that these items are essentially spaces for the construction and elaboration of the authors themselves.
4) Tables and frames must be presented in editable text and in Word.
5) Figures, tables and clear photos, in high definition, only in black and white, must contain credits and caption. If the sent illustrations have already been published, the source must be mentioned.
6) The manuscripts presented must be strictly revised according to current grammatical rules.
7) Works must follow the standards given by the Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas (ABNT). During editing they will be adapted to the design and editorial format used by Revista Katálysis.
8) Authorship’s identification MUST NOT be presented in any part of the manuscript, assuring the blind peer review process adopted by this journal.
9) Authors must warrant that they participated in the conception of the work, partially or wholly, that no bounds or financial agreements between the authors and institutions that might be interested in the publication are omitted. Must also assure that the manuscript is original and that the same work, partially or wholly, or any other work of their authorship with substantially similar content, wasn’t submitted to another journal and won’t be while its submission is been considered by Revista Katálysis.
10) If it’s the case of a research developed with public or private funding this must be mentioned at the end of the work, naming the funding agency in full, project or protocol number and execution period.
11) Before being sent to evaluation, it must be confirmed that all authors are dully registered in the Journal (https://periodicos.ufsc.br/index.php/katalysis/user/register) with at least the following information: full name without abbreviations, ORCID, e-mail, major academic title and institution that granted it, unabbreviated name of the working institution and its address.
Citations and References
1 - Citations, which must be used according to NBR 10520, of August 2002, were systematized as follows:
- Citations must be indicated in the text by the author-date style;
- Citations of up to three lines must be placed within the body of the text, between quotation marks and in the same font as the text;
- Citations of more than three lines must be separated from the body of the text, using the following formatting: font 11, left indented to the paragraph line, without quotation marks (or any other form of highlight), line spacing single and right indentation same as text.
- Author’s name, for the above cases:
a) in the body of the text (normal spelling for proper names). Example: According to Mota (1997, p. 87), "Academic knowledge [...]";
b) between parentheses, in uppercase. Example: "Academic knowledge [...]" (MOTA, 1997, p. 87).
2 - References, according to NBR 6023, of August 2002, must be presented in the author-date style (only documents that were effectively cited in the work).
For systematization purposes only italic as a highlight resource will be accepted.
Books (whole book)
SANTOS, M. B. dos. Estatuto da Cidade: uma arma contra os inimigos. São Paulo: Ed. de Direito, 2001.
Chapter (volume, fragment and other parts of a work with a distinct author)
SAWAIA, B. Participação social e subjetividade. In: SORRENTINO, M. Ambientalismo e participação na contemporaneidade. São Paulo: EDUC/FAPESP, 2001, p. 115-134.
BRASIL. Lei nº 10.257, de 10 de julho de 2001. Regulamenta os arts. 182 e 183 da Constituição Federal e estabelece diretrizes gerais de política urbana e dá outras providências. Disponível em: <http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/leis/LEIS_2001/L10257.htm>. Acesso em: 12 set. 2018.
NOGUEIRA, V. R. À margem da lei. Revista Katálysis, Florianópolis, v. 7, n. 2, p. 122-135, jul./dez. 2003.
NAVES, P. Lagos andinos dão banho de beleza. Folha de S. Paulo, São Paulo, 28 jun. 1999. Folha Turismo, Caderno 8, p.13.
By title and online
TRUMP assina ordem para manter crianças migrantes detidas junto com os pais. Folha de S. Paulo. São Paulo, 20 jun. 2018. Disponível em: <https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/mundo/2018/06/trump-agora-promete-acabar-com-politica-que-separa-familias-de-refugiados.shtml>. Acesso em: 14 set 2018.
BRAYNER, A. R. A.; MEDEIROS, C. B. Incorporação do tempo em SGBD orientado a objetos. In: SIMPÓSIO BRASILEIRO DE BANCOS DE DADOS, 9, 1994, São Paulo. Anais... São Paulo: USP, 1994, p. 16-29.
All web addresses (URLs) included in the manuscripts (Ex.: https://www.wikipedia.org) must be active and linked.
It’s an original and unpublished scientific work, containing critical revision or outcome of empirical or theoretical research, written in Portuguese, Spanish or English. It’s intended to spread unpublished research results with broader themes which discusses issues, analyzes hypotheses, and questions current paradigms.
Presents study, report or case description with analysis of conceptual implications, description of the procedures or strategies for intervention, containing methodologically suitable evidence.
Guest interview related with a specific manuscript or specific issue of the journal.
Book presentation and criticism guiding the reader about its characteristics and potential uses; composing a commented synthesis with opinions that may give an overview of the work.