SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.11 número4Metais potencialmente tóxicos em rios a montante do Pantanal NorteAvaliação integrada da qualidade química e da genotoxicidade da água do arroio Luiz Rau, no trecho inferior da Bacia do Rio dos Sinos, no Sul do Brasil índice de autoresíndice de assuntospesquisa de artigos
Home Pagelista alfabética de periódicos  

Serviços Personalizados

Journal

Artigo

Indicadores

Links relacionados

Compartilhar


Revista Ambiente & Água

versão On-line ISSN 1980-993X

Resumo

SUBTIL, Eduardo Lucas; MIERZWA, José Carlos; HESPANHOL, Ivanildo  e  RODRIGUES, Raphael. Water reuse potential in truck wash using a Rotating Biological Contactor. Rev. Ambient. Água [online]. 2016, vol.11, n.4, pp.851-866. ISSN 1980-993X.  https://doi.org/10.4136/ambi-agua.1788.

This study evaluated the water reuse potential for truck washing using the effluent treated by a Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC) operated in full scale. In order to evaluate the reuse potential, a mass balance was performed for the reuse system taking into account the concentration of Total Dissolved Solids as the critical contaminant. The treatment system produced an effluent with average concentration of color, turbidity, TDS and BOD5 of 45 ± 14 uC, 15 ± 6.0 NTU, 244 ± 99 mg TDS / L and 14 ± 7.3 mg O2 / L, respectively. Based on the mass balance, and considering the TDS concentration established in NBR 13.696, if the final rinse does not use clean water, the potential for effluent reuse can reach 40%. However, if clean water is used as 30% of the total rinsing volume, it would be possible to reuse 70% of the treated effluent without compromising truck washing performance. This water reuse approach would result in an operational cost reduction of R$ 2,590.75/month.

Palavras-chave : rotating biological contactor; truck wash; water reuse..

        · resumo em Português     · texto em Português     · Português ( pdf )