1414-753X print version
AMBIENTE & SOCIEDADE PAPER EVALUATION PROCESS
The paper evaluation process is as follows:
(1) Initial Screening: Assistant editors review the paper for compliance with publishing rules listed online. Within this phase, the editors only suggest modifications to the authors according to the editorial criteria. The sooner the author suits its paper to the changes solicited, the quicker the evaluation process will be. The deadline for responding to the changes solicited is two weeks. If these are not answered, the journal may reject the manuscript. In these cases, the authors will be able to resubmit the manuscript, with the pending issues corrected. It’s important that the authors are aware of the Journal formatting requirements. The author will be notified to make adjustments up to three times, and if the manuscript still doesn't meet the formatting requirements, the manuscript will be rejected. At this stage, manuscripts that don't meet the scope of the journal will be rejected.
(2) Pre-analysis: The manuscript will be evaluated by the deputy editors. Within this stage, some requirements are analyzed, such as relatedness to the scope of the journal, originality, method consistency, and interdisciplinary discussion. Failure to meet the requirements may result in rejection of the manuscript. Evaluation proceeds without author identification.
(3) Designation: Should the papers be approved at the pre-analysis stage, they will be designated to the associate editors. These are responsible for following up the evaluation and indicate peer referees who will proceed with the paper revision.
(4) Evaluation: In this final stage, the paper is evaluated by a pair of referees using double-blind methodology. In some cases, it undergoes the evaluation of further referees if the decision is tied.
(5) New evaluation rounds: It is quite common for the reviewers to suggest a series of adjustments in the editorial decision, which will imply the beginning of a new evaluation round. The sooner the author delivers the adjustments, the faster the process of analyzing this new round will be. For this new round, authors must resubmit the corrected manuscript file in the ScholarOne system and must do so keeping the manuscript type “Original Article” (Step 1: Type, Title & Abstract), and not as a “review”. Failure to do so will result in the manuscript being returned for correction.
Important: The operation of the ScholarOne System is based on the Eastern Time, not in the Brazilian time zone. Therefore, authors must submit revisions and corrections until two days before the deadline set by the ScholarOne system and communicated by email to the authors.
Since 2012, the Journal Ambiente & Sociedade has published all its articles in two languages: in the original language (Portuguese or Spanish) and English. Optionally, approved articles may also be published in three languages (Portuguese, Spanish and English). Translation costs in any language will be a responsibility of the authors.
The articles approved in step 4 will be published in the current volume if accepted for publication until August of the current year or until the Journal reaches the maximum number of articles to be published annually.
Papers must be submitted on the online platform: https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/asoc-scielo
Focus and scope
Ambiente & Sociedade is a annual publication of the National Association of Graduate Courses and Research in Environment and Society - ANPPAS, that contributes with the area of knowledge that articulates the interface between Environment and Society, within an interdisciplinary approach, highlighting the dialogue between the natural and human sciences and their connections.
The Journal publishes scientific work of national and international contributors, which are subject to evaluations by ad hoc reviewers.
The journal publishes articles and reviews of unprecedented books in the interdisciplinary area of interaction between Environment and Society, and presents original and significant contributions from a theoretical, conceptual, methodological and/or empirical point of view.
Articles of a strictly disciplinary nature, focusing on environmental or human transformations separately, or that do not have a discussion about the relationship between environment and society should be sent to other journals and will not be considered for publication, regardless of their quality.
Examples of articles outside the scope:
System of submission
Ambiente & Sociedade Journal migrated to Scielo ScholarOne submission platform hoping in that way to optimize the whole process, from submission to publication. To send your paper access: https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/asoc-scielo
We request the authors to read carefully below all the submission process requirements.
ScholarOne requires that authors indicate their ORCID code (https://orcid.org/) at the time of submission. The completion of the ORCID in ScholarOne can only be done by the author or co-author of the manuscript.
Contact with the Journal is made only and exclusively by email: email@example.com
A) PAPER FORMAT
Authors must pay attention to the following formatting instructions:
B) INDICATION OF POTENTIAL REVIEWERSIn order to streamline the peer review process, authors, at the time of submission, must indicate the full name and email of at least five potential reviewers. In “Step 2: File upload” section, authors should attach a document containing such information as "Supplemental File NOT Review". Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to the return of the manuscript to the authors.
C) PAYMENT SYSTEM
Due to budget cut and support reduction by research financing agencies, Ambiente & Sociedade Journal has started charging online paper submission since 2012.
[Home] [About this journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Anppas / Revista Ambiente e Sociedade