The journal Cadernos Cedes has a monothematic characteristic, and the proposals, which will be previously analyzed by the Editorial Board, must be submitted by a researcher responsible for the organization of the issue. First, the proposed thematic issue should be sent to the following e-mail: email@example.com, including:
• Presentation with justification and relevance of the topic;
• Expanded summary for each article that will compose the issue, including their references, and containing at least 5,000 characters per article (excluding references);
• Each issue must comprise at least seven, but no more than ten articles;
• Concise curriculum of the authors, presenting their institutional affiliations.
The proposal should demonstrate the theoretical and methodological diversity of the field, contemplate different institutions and regions of the country, and necessarily include the participation of authors affiliated to Brazilian and international institutions. Articles should be directed to undergraduate and graduate students; teachers of primary, secondary, and higher education; and participants of educational movements.
Articles written in Portuguese, Spanish, French, and English may constitute the proposal, at the organizer’s discretion. Articles in English and French must be submitted, as revised in their native language, and, once approved, they will be translated into Portuguese by the authors. Articles in Spanish will be published in the original language. In electronic publishing, foreign papers, with the exception of Spanish, will also be available in their original languages.
The articles that are not related to the thematic proposal previously approved by the Editorial Committee shall not be accepted.
After approval of the articles by the reviewers, the publication in Cadernos Cedes journal will materialize after the adherence of the authors and co-authors as Cedes partners, as well as after the signing of the Authorship, Originality, and Copyright Transfer Agreement. It is noteworthy that the partners are entitled to a year of membership, including four issues of the Education & Society magazine, three of the Cadernos Cedes journal, be granted a discount on registration of events promoted by Cedes, in addition to the right to vote and to be voted to join the board and the scientific-technical council of Cedes. The authors will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which their article was published.
The work will be fully available in electronic format on the website of the Scientific Electronic Library Online (SciELO), immediately after printed publication.
Cadernos Cedes declares that the concepts and positions expressed in the published texts are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Editorial Board of this journal.
The proponents and guest authors must strictly follow the guidelines listed here, and failing may lead to the immediate rejection of the proposal.
The original articles will be submitted to prior assessment of the Editorial Committee and sent to at least two reviewers of its editorial board or to an ad hoc opinion. By means of the double-blind peer review, the names of the reviewers will be kept confidential, as well as the names of the authors will be omitted to the reviewers.
The proposal previously sent to the Editorial Committee, if approved, shall be submitted by the applicant within 60 days, counting from the date of notification of approval, in SciELO Publishing System – Submission, which uses the Open Journal System as electronic management support and publication of scientific journals.
Therefore, each author must register in the system and submit their article (ART) to the Editorial Committee, being allowed to monitoring the evaluation process of their articles using their respective login and password. The registration system can be accessed from: <http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/ccedes/user/register>.
Additionally, the organizer must submit a file containing the complete dossier, together with the presentation and the articles that are included on it (under the PT option in the system).
After registering, the users will be able to submit their work at: <http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/ccedes/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions>.
FORMAL PRESENTATION OF THE ORIGINAL ARTICLES
The following functions are proposal organizer’s responsibility:
• To define the order of the articles;
• To manage the volume of the characters of the set and to guarantee compliance with the rules related to the presentation of the articles;
• To elaborate the presentation;
• To supervise the submission work of guest authors;
• To monitor the process of reformulation of articles by the authors;
• To ensure the delivery of the revised articles within the stipulated period;
• To ensure that authors sign and submit the Authorship, Originality, and Copyright Transfer Agreement.
The volume of articles of the proposed issue, including summary, presentation and articles, shall have a maximum of 270,000 characters with spaces. Authors should send the article for spelling and grammar review before presenting it to Cadernos Cedes.
The original articles must be submitted in .DOC or .DOCX extensions (Word for Windows), and the sheet must have A4 format, containing the following characteristics:
- Article titles and subtitles: font Times New Roman 12, centralized, in bold, with maximum of two lines. Should also be presented in English, in bold and italics. The title should contain no more 110 characters with spaces.
- Authors: maximum of four authors per article. The authors’ names should be positioned after the title, right aligned, in italics, followed by asterisks that refer to notes at the foot of the page, with their institutional affiliations and respective e-mail addresses.
- Abstract and keywords(maximum of five): the abstract should not exceed 600 characters with spaces, enabling the identification of the article content; font Times New Roman 12, without text indents. Abstract and keywords should also be submitted in English.
- Text: font Times New Roman 12; paragraphs without indent; spacing between lines of 1.15 and 6pt before and after paragraphs; margins of 3 cm.
- Titles and subtitles within the text: font Times New Roman 12, in bold and centralized.
- Tables and graphs: the title should be indicated throughout the text; tables and graphics should be sent in separate files in .XLS or .XLSX formats (Excel). Each file should be identified with the respective name of the table or chart, which will include the article. Graphics should be produced in black and white and the tables may not have merged cells. Example:
Table 1. Students enrolled in high school in 2012.
Total of enrolled students
Source: MEC, School Census (2012).
Graph 1. European Parliament Elections.
Source: European Union (2010).
- Images, figures, and photographs: the title must be indicated throughout the text; images, figures, and photographs should be sent in separate files, named identically to what should appear in the article, with black and white indications, high contrast, minimum resolution of 300 dpi, and a width of 1200 pixels, in JPG or PNG formats. It is noteworthy that images, pictures, and photographs will be published with a maximum width of 100 mm. In the case of use of third parties or captured on the Internet images, the corresponding authorizations must be submitted. Example:
Figure 1. Children flow.
Source: Elaborated from the research conducted.
- Notes: if present, they should be numbered sequentially and placed at the end of text. The use of bibliographic notes is not allowed. Instead, citations should be used in the text according to NBR 10.520/2002. References in the text should be cited indicating the name(s) of the author(s), year of publication, page number(s), and should be enclosed in parentheses in case of an indirect citation, for example: (NUNES, 1995, p. 225). In case of more than one author, the names should be separated with a semicolon, for example: (NUNES; FERREIRA, 2001 p.12).
- References: must follow the NBR-6023/2002, from the Brazilian Association of Technical Norms (ABNT), and must be ordered alphabetically by the surname of the first author. In the references of up to three authors, all author names may be mentioned, separated by semicolons. However, in those with more than three authors, only the first author name should be mentioned followed by et al. (in italics with a full stop). The accuracy of the references in the listing and the correct citation of their content in the paper are the responsibility of the author(s).
Books (one author)
FRIGOTTO, G. Educação e a crise do capitalismo real. 4. ed. São Paulo: Cortez, 2000.
Books (two authors)
BABIN, P.; KOULOUMDJIAN, M. Os novos modelos de compreender: a geração do audiovisual e do computador. São Paulo: Paulinas, 1989.
OLIVEIRA, F. Neoliberalismo à brasileira. In: GENTILI, P. (Org.). Pós-neoliberalismo: as políticas sociais e o estado democrático. Rio de Janeiro: Paz & Terra, 1995. p. 29-34.
Journal Articles (with more than three authors)
PODSAKOFF, P. M. et al. Transformational leader behaviors and their effects on followers’ trust in leader, satisfaction, and organizational citizenship behaviors. Leadership Quarterly, Greenwich, Conn., v. 1, n. 2, p. 107-142, 1990.
CARVALHO, W. L. P. O ensino das ciências sob a perspectiva da criatividade: uma análise fenomenológica. 1991. 302f. Thesis (Doctorate in Education) – Faculdade de Educação, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, 1992.
Journal Articles (Electronic Publication)
AQUINO, J. G.; MUSSI, M. C. As vicissitudes da formação docente em serviço: a proposta reflexiva em debate. Educação & Pesquisa, São Paulo, v. 27, n. 2, p. 211-227, jul. 2001. Available from <http://www.scielo.com.br>. Accessed in 14 Oct 2001.
Books in Electronic Format
SÃO PAULO (Estado). Entendendo o meio ambiente. São Paulo, 1999. v. 1. Available from <http://www.bdt.org.br/sma/entendendo/atual/htm>. Accessed in 8 Mar 1999.
Signed Article (Newspaper)
DIMENSTEIN, G. Escola da vida. Folha de São Paulo, São Paulo, 14 jul. 2002. Folha Campinas, p. 2.
Unsigned Article (Newspaper)
FUNGOS e chuva ameaçam livros históricos. Folha de São Paulo, São Paulo, 5 jul. 2002. Cotidiano, p. 6.
Decrees and Laws
BRASIL. Decreto n. 2.134, de 24 de janeiro de 1997. Regulamenta o art. 23 da Lei n. 8.159, de 8 de janeiro de 1991, que dispõe sobre a categoria dos documentos públicos sigilosos e o acesso a eles, e dá outras providências. Diário Oficial da República Federativa do Brasil, Brasília, DF, n. 18, p. 1435-1436, 27 jan. 1997. Seção 1.
BRASIL. Constituição (1988). Constituição da República Federativa do Brasil. Brasília, DF: Senado Federal, 1988.
UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DO PARANÁ. Relatório 1999. Curitiba, 1979. Mimeo.
VILLA-LOBOS. O índio de casaca. Rio de Janeiro: Manchete Vídeo, 1987. 1 videocassete (120 minutos): VHS, son., color.
Papers Published in Conference Proceedings
PARO, V. H. Administração escolar e qualidade do ensino: o que os pais ou responsáveis têm a ver com isso? In: SIMPÓSIO BRASILEIRO DE POLÍTICA E ADMINISTRAÇÃO DA EDUCAÇÃO, 18., 1997, Porto Alegre. Anais... Porto Alegre: Edipucrs, 1997. p. 303-314.
The Journal adopts the Plagio Plagiarism Detector system to identify plagiarism.
There is no fee for submission and evaluation articles.