ISSN 2178-2547on-line version
Scope and policy
The mission of the Boletim do Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi. Ciências Humanas is to publish original works in Anthropology, Archaeology, Indigenous Languages, and in related fields. The journal does not accept expanded abstracts, reports, or work which has been previously published in proceedings, CDs, or other media. It accepts contributions in Portuguese, Spanish, English, and French.
The Boletim do Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi. Ciências
Humanas has an International Advising Board. The manuscripts are first
examined by the Editor or by one of the Associate Editors. The Editor
has the right of recommending alterations be made to the papers submitted
or to return them when they fail to comply with the Bulletin's editorial
Publication means fully assigning and transferring all copyrights of the manuscript to the Boletim do Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi. Ciências Humanas. The Liability Statement and Assignment of Copyrights will be enclosed with the notice of acceptance, and must be signed by all authors and returned.
In order to guarantee originality of its contents, the Boletim do Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi. Ciências Humanas applies anti-plagiarism tools that are available on the Web.
Preparation of manuscripts
and French for the following sections:
Research Articles - Scientific and original analytical articles reporting on research that effectively contributes to the advancement of knowledge. Maximum length: 30 pages.
In order to submit a new contribution, authors must log into their account on the online platform and click on “AUTHOR CENTER”. After completing this step, proceed to the “AUTHOR RESOURCES” window and start the submission process via the link “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A NEW MANUSCRIPT”, following seven steps:
• Step 1: Type, Title, & Abstract
• Step 2: File Upload
• Step 3: Attributes
• Step 4: Authors & Institutions
• Step 5: Reviewers
• Step 6: Details & Comments
• Step 7: Review & Submit
The journal has a Scientific Council. Manuscripts are first examined by the Editor or by one of the Associate Editors. The Editor has the right to recommend alterations to the submitted manuscripts or to return them when they fail to comply with the journal’s editorial policy.
Upon acceptance, manuscripts are submitted to peer-review and are reviewed by at least two specialists who are not members of the Editorial Board. In the event of discrepancy between the reviews, the manuscript is submitted to other referee(s). In case changes or corrections are recommended, the manuscript is returned to the author(s), who have thirty days to submit a new version.
Once accepted, submissions are published according to the order in which they were received. The Scientific Editor also may determine the appropriate time for publication.
All manuscripts have to be submitted via the online platform ScholarOne. Original manuscripts must be prepared observing the following requirements:
1. Word for Windows format, Times New Roman font, size 12, line spacing 1.5, and pages must be numbered. Articles on linguistics must use a font that is compatible with the Unicode standard, such as Arial, Calibri, Cambria, Déjà Vu, Tahoma and others that include the IPA extended set of phonetic symbols. Times New Roman is preferred, but it includes the full IPA in Unicode only in more recent editions of Windows. One should never improvise IPA characters such as ɨ, ʉ, etc. by applying strike-through of common characters.
2. The cover page must contain the following information:
3. The manuscript must include neither the name(s) of the author(s) nor acknowledgements.
4. To highlight terms or phrases, please use single quotation marks.
5. Only foreign language words and phrases and Latinized scientific terms should be in italic type.
6. The articles should follow the recommendations of the APA 6th Edition - Citation Guide for the presentation and use of bibliographical information: citation in documents and references.
7. Tables should be in Word format, numbered in sequence, with clear captions.
8. All figures (illustrations, graphs, pictures, diagrams, etc.) should be presented on separate, numbered pages with their respective captions, and submitted separately on the online platform. Images require minimum resolution of 300 dpi and minimum size of 1,500 pixels, in JPEG or TIFF format. If possible, respect the page sizes of the Bulletin, namely 16.5 cm wide and 20 cm tall (for images occupying two columns) or 8 cm wide and 20 cm tall (for images occupying one column). When text is contained in images, the font used should be Arial, 7 to 10 pt.
9. Images created in vectoral programs should be provided in open format, with either a .cdr (X5 or inferior), .eps or .ai (CS5 or inferior) extension.
10. All tables, graphs and images must obligatorily be mentioned in the body of the text.
11. Sections and subsections in the text must not be numbered.
12. Only page numbering and the numbering of footnotes should be automatic. Texts containing automatically numbered sections, paragraphs, figures, examples or any other automatized processes cannot be accepted.
13. Texts must fully comply with scientific naming rules, abbreviations and other conventions current in the specific fields of discipline.
14. Footnotes should be used only when strictly necessary, never for reference to published work, and should be indicated in Arabic numbers.
15. Reference to works cited throughout the text should conform to the following convention: author’s last name (not in upper case), year, page(s). Examples: (Goeldi, 1897, p. 10); Goeldi (1897, p. 10).
16. All references used throughout the text must be listed at the end of the article, and all works listed should be mentioned in the text.
Title - The title must appear both in the original language of the text
and in English (when English is not the original language). Title must
be centralized and in bold. Do not use block capitals. The title must
be written the same way on the cover page and on page two.
Veríssimo, J. (1906). A educação nacional (2nd ed.). Rio de Janeiro: Livraria Francisco Alves.
Quote in the text: Veríssimo (1906) or (Veríssimo, 1906).
Zaccara, M. (2017). Mulheres artistas em Pernambuco: uma introdução. In M. Zaccara (Org.), De sinhá prendada a artista visual: os caminhos da mulher artista em Pernambuco (pp. 16-48). Recife: Madalena Zaccara.Quote in the text: Zaccara (2017) or (Zaccara, 2017).
Goeldi, E. (1900). Escavações arqueológicas em 1895: Executadas pelo Museu Paraense no litoral da Guiana Brasileira entre Oiapoque e Amazonas. (Memórias do Museu Goeldi, n. 1). Belém: Museu Paraense de História Natural e Ethonografia.
Quote in the text: Goeldi (1900) or (Goeldi, 1900).
Naves, P. (1999, june 28). Lagos andinos dão banho de beleza. Folha de S. Paulo, Turismo, Caderno 8, p. 13.
Brayner, A. R. A., & Medeiros, C. (1994, december). Incorporação do tempo em SGBD orientado a objetos. In Anais do Simpósio Brasileiro de Banco de Dados, Universidade de São Paulo, São Paulo.
Quote in the text: Brayner and Medeiros (1994) or (Brayner & Medeiros, 1994).
Constituição da República Federativa do Brasil de 1988 (18th. ed.). (1998). São Paulo: Saraiva.
Quote in the text: Constituição da República Federativa do Brasil de 1988 (1998) or (Constituição da República Federativa do Brasil de 1988, 1998).
Benchimol, A. (2015). Resgate e ressignificação da pesquisa no Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi: Presença e permanência de cientistas estrangeiros (1894-1914) na produção científica de autores atuais (1991-2010) (Doctoral dissertation). Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil.
Quote in the text: Benchimol (2015) or (Benchimol, 2015).
Campos, E. (1964, january 11). Carta à Bienal de São Paulo. Arquivo Histórico Wanda Svevo. Fundação Bienal de São Paulo, São Paulo.Quote in the text: Campos (1964) or (Campus, 1964).
All submissions must be sent through the online platform ScholarOne. (https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/bgoeldi-scielo).
Before submitting your work, please make sure you have followed all the instructions detailed in this document; this is crucial in order to begin the editorial process.
There are no fees for submission and review articles.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
MCTI/Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi
Coordenação de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação
Av. Perimetral, 1901 - Terra Firme
66077-830 - Belém - PA
Telefone: (55-91) 3075-6186