Cadernos Cedes is a monothematic journal that receives proposals from dossiers to be analyzed previously by the Editorial Committee. Researchers responsible for the organization of a number should first send the proposal to the following e-mail: email@example.com, including:
- presentation with justification and relevance of the theme;
- an expanded summary of each article that will make up the number, with its bibliographic references, each of which must contain 3,000 to 5,000 characters (excluding references);
- each proposal must have seven to nine articles.
- abbreviated curriculum of the authors, presenting their institutional links, the link of the Curriculum Lattes and ORCID.
The proposal should express the theoretical-methodological diversity of the field; contemplate different institutions and regions of the country and necessarily include at least one article of author affiliated to an institution from abroad. The articles will be directed primarily to the academic-scientific community and education professionals working in different educational contexts.
The articles must be unpublished and can be written in Portuguese, Spanish, French and English. The texts in English and French should be submitted already revised in their original language and, after their approval, will be translated into Portuguese by the authors or organizers. The articles in Spanish, English and French will also be available in the original language.
Articles that do not integrate a thematic proposal previously approved by the Editorial Committee will not be accepted for publication.
After final approval of the articles by the Editorial Committee, the publication in Cadernos Cedes will require a financial contribution for editorial production according to guidelines presented in the page of the Centro de Estudos Educação e Sociedade - CEDES, available at https: //www.cedes. unicamp.br/publicacoes.
It will be necessary to sign the Term of Assignment of Copyright and Originality and the authors will also be requested a Declaration of the Ethical Commitment assumed in relation to the presented empirical research.
The texts will be fully available in electronic format, on the Scientific Electronic Library On Line (SciELO) website.
Cadernos Cedes states that the concepts and positions issued in the published texts are the sole responsibility of the authors, not necessarily reflecting the opinion of the Editorial Board of this journal
The guidelines should be strictly followed by the proponents and invited authors, as their failure to comply may lead to the rejection of the proposal.
The proposal approved by the Editorial Committee must be submitted within 90 days from the date of communication of approval in the SciELO System of Publication, Submission, which uses the Open Journal System as support for electronic management and publication of scientific journals.
The file containing the complete dossier, with the presentation and the articles in the order in which they are composed, must be submitted by the dossier organizer (PT option). Next, each author must register with the system and submit their article (ART option). In the case of co-authorship, the main author inserts the article, adding in the fields indicated in the system the names and institutions of the co-authors.
Access to the registration system can be done from: http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/ccedes/user/register
After registering, the author will be able to submit his work from: http://submission.scielo.br/index.php/ccedes/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions
The complete dossier, with the texts that compose it, will be sent to the appreciation of at least two members of the editorial staff and / or ad hoc referees. Through the double-blind system, the names of the reviewers remain confidential, and the names of the authors are omitted.
The thematic proposal will be analyzed as a whole, taking into account its relevance, originality and contribution to the field of education, just as each article that composes the dossier will be analyzed in its articulation and relevance to the set of texts, its theoretical and methodological consistency, analytical rigor, up-to-dateness, quality of the text and adaptation to the editorial scope.
FORMAL PRESENTATION OF THE ORIGINAL ARTICLES
The organizer of the proposal is responsible for:
- defining the order of texts;
- to taking care of the volume of characters of the set and compliance with the norms of presentation of the texts;
- writing the presentation;
- supervising the submission work of the invited authors;
- following the possible process of reformulating the articles with the authors;
- ensuring delivery of the revised texts within the stipulated deadline;
- ensuring that authors submit the signed Copyright and Originality and Ethical Responsibility Agreement.
The maximum characters in a proposed issue is no more than 270.000 with spaces, including summary, presentation, articles with references and notes. Authors should submit the text to the spelling and grammatical revisions before submitting it to the Cadernos Cedes.
The original texts should be submitted in .DOC or .DOCX (Word for Windows) extension, and the sheet should be in A4 format, in the following characteristics:
- Article titles and subtitles: font Times New Roman 12, centralized, in bold, with maximum of two lines. Should also be presented in English, in bold and italics. The title should contain no more 110 characters with spaces.
- Authors: maximum of four authors per article. The authors' names should be positioned after the title, right aligned, in italics, followed by asterisks that refer to notes at the foot of the page, with their institutional affiliations and respective e-mail addresses.
- Abstract and keywords(maximum of five): the abstract should not exceed 600 characters with spaces, enabling the identification of the article content; font Times New Roman 12, without text indents. Abstract and keywords should also be submitted in English.
- Text: font Times New Roman 12; paragraphs without indent; spacing between lines of 1.15 and 6pt before and after paragraphs; margins of 3 cm.
- Titles and subtitles within the text: font Times New Roman 12, in bold and centralized.
- Tables and graphs: the title should be indicated throughout the text; tables and graphics should be sent in separate files in .XLS or .XLSX formats (Excel). Each file should be identified with the respective name of the table or chart, which will include the article. Graphics should be produced in black and white and the tables may not have merged cells. Example:
Table 1. Students enrolled in high school in 2012.
Total of enrolled students
Source: MEC, School Census (2012).
Graph 1. European Parliament Elections.
Source: European Union (2010).
- Images, figures, and photographs: the title must be indicated throughout the text; images, figures, and photographs should be sent in separate files, named identically to what should appear in the article, with black and white indications, high contrast, minimum resolution of 300 dpi, and a width of 1200 pixels, in JPG or PNG formats. It is noteworthy that images, pictures, and photographs will be published with a maximum width of 100 mm. In the case of use of third parties or captured on the Internet images, the corresponding authorizations must be submitted. Example:
Figure 1. Children flow.
Source: Elaborated from the research conducted.
- Notes: if present, they should be numbered sequentially and placed at the end of text. The use of bibliographic notes is not allowed. Instead, citations should be used in the text according to NBR 10.520/2002. References in the text should be cited indicating the name(s) of the author(s), year of publication, page number(s), and should be enclosed in parentheses in case of an indirect citation, for example: (NUNES, 1995, p. 225). In case of more than one author, the names should be separated with a semicolon, for example: (NUNES; FERREIRA, 2001 p.12).
- References: must follow the NBR-6023/2002, from the Brazilian Association of Technical Norms (ABNT), and must be ordered alphabetically by the surname of the first author. In the references of up to three authors, all author names may be mentioned, separated by semicolons. However, in those with more than three authors, only the first author name should be mentioned followed by et al. (in italics with a full stop). The accuracy of the references in the listing and the correct citation of their content in the paper are the responsibility of the author(s).
Books (one author)
FRIGOTTO, G. Educação e a crise do capitalismo real. 4. ed. São Paulo: Cortez, 2000.
Books (two authors)
BABIN, P.; KOULOUMDJIAN, M. Os novos modelos de compreender: a geração do audiovisual e do computador. São Paulo: Paulinas, 1989.
OLIVEIRA, F. Neoliberalismo à brasileira. In: GENTILI, P. (Org.). Pós-neoliberalismo: as políticas sociais e o estado democrático. Rio de Janeiro: Paz & Terra, 1995. p. 29-34.
Journal Articles (with more than three authors)
PODSAKOFF, P. M. et al. Transformational leader behaviors and their effects on followers' trust in leader, satisfaction, and organizational citizenship behaviors. Leadership Quarterly, Greenwich, Conn., v. 1, n. 2, p. 107-142, 1990.
CARVALHO, W. L. P. O ensino das ciências sob a perspectiva da criatividade: uma análise fenomenológica. 1991. 302f. Thesis (Doctorate in Education) - Faculdade de Educação, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, 1992.
Journal Articles (Electronic Publication)
AQUINO, J. G.; MUSSI, M. C. As vicissitudes da formação docente em serviço: a proposta reflexiva em debate. Educação & Pesquisa, São Paulo, v. 27, n. 2, p. 211-227, jul. 2001. Available from <http://www.scielo.com.br>. Accessed in 14 Oct 2001.
Books in Electronic Format
SÃO PAULO (Estado). Entendendo o meio ambiente. São Paulo, 1999. v. 1. Available from <http://www.bdt.org.br/sma/entendendo/atual/htm>. Accessed in 8 Mar 1999.
Signed Article (Newspaper)
DIMENSTEIN, G. Escola da vida. Folha de São Paulo, São Paulo, 14 jul. 2002. Folha Campinas, p. 2.
Unsigned Article (Newspaper)
FUNGOS e chuva ameaçam livros históricos. Folha de São Paulo, São Paulo, 5 jul. 2002. Cotidiano, p. 6.
Decrees and Laws
BRASIL. Decreto n. 2.134, de 24 de janeiro de 1997. Regulamenta o art. 23 da Lei n. 8.159, de 8 de janeiro de 1991, que dispõe sobre a categoria dos documentos públicos sigilosos e o acesso a eles, e dá outras providências. Diário Oficial da República Federativa do Brasil, Brasília, DF, n. 18, p. 1435-1436, 27 jan. 1997. Seção 1.
BRASIL. Constituição (1988). Constituição da República Federativa do Brasil. Brasília, DF: Senado Federal, 1988.
UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DO PARANÁ. Relatório 1999. Curitiba, 1979. Mimeo.
VILLA-LOBOS. O índio de casaca. Rio de Janeiro: Manchete Vídeo, 1987. 1 videocassete (120 minutos): VHS, son., color.
Papers Published in Conference Proceedings
PARO, V. H. Administração escolar e qualidade do ensino: o que os pais ou responsáveis têm a ver com isso? In: SIMPÓSIO BRASILEIRO DE POLÍTICA E ADMINISTRAÇÃO DA EDUCAÇÃO, 18., 1997, Porto Alegre. Anais... Porto Alegre: Edipucrs, 1997. p. 303-314.
The Journal adopts the Similarity Check system to identify plagiarism.
There is no fee for submission and evaluation articles.